PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Campagnolo 10 speed derailleur pulleys for 9 speed

Lee
July 18th 03, 12:22 PM
I've got a pair of new 10 speed derailleur pulleys that I've removed from a
Record Carbon derailleur. Zero miles on the pair. Need a pair of 9 speed
pulleys (yes they're different).

If you've got a pair of 9 speed pulleys, preferably new, and need a pair of
10 speed pulleys, let me know.

Alternately, these 10 speed pulleys are available for $20 shipped.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Lee

lee at wheelman REMOVESHOES dot com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 18th 03, 01:19 PM
Lee-<< I've got a pair of new 10 speed derailleur pulleys that I've removed
from a
Record Carbon derailleur. Zero miles on the pair. Need a pair of 9 speed
pulleys (yes they're different). >><BR><BR>

Actually the pulleys are marked 9-10 now but you don't need to change pulleys
anyway. Using a 10s chain with 9s pulleys or vice versa is no
problema...intermixing 8/9/10s pulleys and chains is not an issue...from my
experience.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Lee
July 18th 03, 01:39 PM
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" > wrote in message
> Lee-<< I've got a pair of new 10 speed derailleur pulleys that I've
removed
> from a
> Record Carbon derailleur. Zero miles on the pair. Need a pair of 9 speed
> pulleys (yes they're different). >><BR><BR>
>
> Actually the pulleys are marked 9-10 now but you don't need to change
pulleys
> anyway. Using a 10s chain with 9s pulleys or vice versa is no
> problema...intermixing 8/9/10s pulleys and chains is not an issue...from
my
> experience.

Peter,

The 9 speed pulleys are a bit wider than the 10 speed. I'm running a 9 speed
setup and thought that the wider pulleys would guide the 9sp chain better.
You're suggesting that there won't be any difference in shifting
performance? Certainly would make my life a bit easier...

Lee

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 18th 03, 02:15 PM
Lee-<< The 9 speed pulleys are a bit wider than the 10 speed. I'm running a 9
speed
setup and thought that the wider pulleys would guide the 9sp chain better.
You're suggesting that there won't be any difference in shifting
performance? Certainly would make my life a bit easier... >><BR><BR>

The new packaged Campagnolo pulleys are '9/10'..

No difference in shifting performance using a 10s rear der and pulleys. We use
10s rear ders for replacements all the time for even 8s systems...works just
great w/o modification...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 19th 03, 01:26 PM
Lee-<< Thanks Peter!

You're up early today. Watching the time trials on OLN? >><BR><BR>

You betcha...like the German's chances.....

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302