PDA

View Full Version : Clean bicycle shoes?

TekBuf
July 9th 03, 09:54 PM
While riding some limestone trails I got caught in a rainstorm today.
My shoes are caked with sand and other crud. How do I clean them
without ruining my only pair of shoes?

Ken
July 9th 03, 10:07 PM
(TekBuf) wrote in
om:
> While riding some limestone trails I got caught in a rainstorm today.
> My shoes are caked with sand and other crud. How do I clean them
> without ruining my only pair of shoes?

If your shoes are synthetic, you can just hose them off and let them dry in
the sun. Most mountain bike shoes are synthetic.

If they are leather, use a damp cloth. Towel off excess moisture. Stuff
with newspaper and let them sit in a dry place to completely dry. Apply a
leather polish if you want.

Ken
July 12th 03, 06:13 AM
heater > wrote in news:3f0f79d1$1_3
@news.chariot.net.au:
> Don't dry them in the sun. The sun is bad for anything synthetic. Stuff
> 'em with newspaper and dry 'em in the shade.

Your use your shoes outdoors, right?

Fritz M
July 14th 03, 05:05 PM
heater > wrote:

> The sun is bad for anything synthetic.

Just about everything I wear when I cycle is synthetic -- shoes, socks,
shorts, shirt, and the shell on my head. Given that the Colorado Front
Range has something like 300 days of sunshine each year, I'm looking at
seriously curtailing my cycling activity in order to prevent sun exposure.

RFM
--
To reply, translate domain from l33+ 2p33|< to alpha.
4=a 0=o 3=e +=t

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home