PDA

View Full Version : Penny rocks, again!!!

ClydesdaleMTB
June 26th 03, 04:26 PM
I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered)
from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last
year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for alterations. All
I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
stuffed sausage.

http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

--
John G.
http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

Stephen Baker
June 26th 03, 04:57 PM
John G says:

>http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg

Is that a smile on your face there, John? C'mon, you can admit it here....
;-)

Looks good - kudos to the seamstress (nicer word than "sewer" if
mis-pronounced)

Steve

Penny S.
June 26th 03, 06:52 PM
ClydesdaleMTB thoughtfully penned:
> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand
> delivered) from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they
> gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for
> alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look
> and feel like a stuffed sausage.
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

I only added like 12" to the chest and arms, out of black wicking supplex
lycra.

penny s

--
Specialty Outdoors
Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing

Stephen Baker
June 26th 03, 07:52 PM
Penny says:

>Sewist is the new word. As in artist.

I like that - didn't John Wayne do bad movie called The Shootist (to go with
all his other bad movies....)?

>Yachtist?

We prefer "Yachtie", thanks, or "Boat Scum". ;-)

Steve

Doug Taylor
June 26th 03, 11:01 PM
ClydesdaleMTB > wrote:

>I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered)
>from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last
>year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for alterations. All
>I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
>stuffed sausage.

Penny also altered my short track speedskating skinsuit by relocating
the knee pads, but I'm too modest (read: chicken) to post pics of me
posing in it.

Anyway, this is another plug for Penny's skill as in the area of
making / mending / altering sports clothing.

Thanks, Penny.
--dt

The Ogre
June 26th 03, 11:51 PM
ClydesdaleMTB > wrote in message >...
> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered)
> from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last
> year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for alterations. All
> I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
> stuffed sausage.
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

Where are the Before pitcures? How can we be suitably impressed
without before/ after pictures?

-- The Ogre (Who knows all about feeling like a stuffed sausage)
http://ogrehut.NET

Penny S.
June 27th 03, 12:00 AM
The Ogre thoughtfully penned:
> ClydesdaleMTB > wrote in message
>> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand
>> delivered) from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they
>> gave me last year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for
>> alterations. All I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not
>> look and feel like a stuffed sausage.
>>
>> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
>> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
>> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg
>
> Where are the Before pitcures? How can we be suitably impressed
> without before/ after pictures?
>
> -- The Ogre (Who knows all about feeling like a stuffed sausage)
> http://ogrehut.NET
I am sure it wasn't pretty. For example, his bicep measures 18" and the
shirt sleeve opening was 13". Can you say "uncomfortable".

Penny

Stephen Baker
June 27th 03, 01:50 AM
Bill Wheeler says:

>Yes, yes, yes. very interesting. You actually look about 30 years
>younger than what I remember of some of your other pics.
>
>I find that strange, yes very strange indeed.

It's the lack of beard, I think.

Steve

ClydesdaleMTB
June 27th 03, 02:04 AM
Bill Wheeler wrote:

> Yes, yes, yes. very interesting. You actually look about 30 years
> younger than what I remember of some of your other pics.

Exhibit A:
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg

Exhibit B:
http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/catamount.gif

Yeah, I can see where you caould get that....

--
John G.
http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

Pete
June 27th 03, 02:34 AM
"ClydesdaleMTB" > wrote in message
> I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered)
> from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last
> year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for alterations. All
> I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
> stuffed sausage.
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
> http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg

Sorry, but that is one scary looking cop.

Pete

JD
June 27th 03, 06:16 PM
"Pete" > wrote in message >...
> "ClydesdaleMTB" > wrote in message
> > I sent off a very special jersey that was a person gift (hand delivered)
> > from the owners of Gekko Gear ( www.coldlizard.com )they gave me last
> > year (along with my FOMBA team jersey) to my Penny for alterations. All
> > I can say is WOW! Finally I can wear it and not look and feel like a
> > stuffed sausage.
> >
> > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey1.jpg
> > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey2.jpg
> > http://www.shavings.net/images/bikes/poseur/Gekko-jersey3.jpg
>
> Sorry, but that is one scary looking cop.

Not even. He looks like a big teddy bear.

JD

Sorni
June 27th 03, 06:23 PM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> The Ogre says:
>
> > I've had the oposite problem lately,
> >due to excessive cycling my wasteline has shrunk so much that I'm
> >having to buy a new wardrobe.
>
> I'm keeping the balance for you.
> Gained 10 lbs since I stopped smoking, and still going up.

Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

Bill "nothing to do with popcorn w/pound of butter" S.

Stephen Baker
June 27th 03, 06:32 PM
Sorni says:

>Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

6 weeks smoke-free, and I'm a manatee, but I'm growing daily. I _have_ managed
to switch from Twix's to TicTacs as a substitute, but it's not helping much.
Riding in this qweather, however, should maske a difference (90F, 70%RH and
rising)
;-)

Steve reckons he'll deal with the smoking first, THEN worry about the
weight....

Sorni
June 27th 03, 06:57 PM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> Sorni says:
>
> >Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.
>
> 6 weeks smoke-free, and I'm a manatee, but I'm growing daily. I _have_
managed
> to switch from Twix's to TicTacs as a substitute, but it's not helping
much.

Dammit, Steve! I'm off to Costco in a bit, and if I come home with Twix's
you're in Twouble!

Bill "pretty good at resisting sweets (up to today, that is), but salty snax
'nother story" S.

Penny S.
June 27th 03, 07:00 PM
Sorni thoughtfully penned:
> "Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
>> Sorni says:
>>
>>> Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.
>>
>> 6 weeks smoke-free, and I'm a manatee, but I'm growing daily. I
>> _have_ managed to switch from Twix's to TicTacs as a substitute, but
>> it's not helping much.
>
> Dammit, Steve! I'm off to Costco in a bit, and if I come home with
> Twix's you're in Twouble!
>
> Bill "pretty good at resisting sweets (up to today, that is), but
> salty snax 'nother story" S.

fat free fudgesickles. And Rice cakes..

Gyp
June 29th 03, 08:56 PM
Sorni wrote:
>>>I've had the oposite problem lately,
>>>due to excessive cycling my wasteline has shrunk so much that I'm
>>>having to buy a new wardrobe.
>>
>>I'm keeping the balance for you.
>>Gained 10 lbs since I stopped smoking, and still going up.
>

> Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.

The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds PTQ
(lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well. Although it
must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it starts to go back
on again.

Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs now..

Gyp

Shaun Rimmer
June 30th 03, 03:05 PM
Gyp > wrote in message

> >>I'm keeping the balance for you.
> >>Gained 10 lbs since I stopped smoking, and still going up.
> >

> > Same here. 6 mos. smoke-free TODAY; I'm a whale.
>

> The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
> pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds PTQ
> (lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well. Although it
> must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it starts to go back
> on again.
>
> Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs now..
>
> Gyp

Kath has just started on Dr. Atkins' diet. She's having a rather difficult
time of it - she's a vegetarian, heheheh.......

Shaun aRe - 'Stay off the carbs, but eat all the meat you want' - FFS!

Gyp
June 30th 03, 08:34 PM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>>The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
>>pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds PTQ
>>(lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well. Although it
>>must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it starts to go back
>>on again.
>>
>>Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs now..
>>
>>Gyp
>

> Kath has just started on Dr. Atkins' diet. She's having a rather difficult
> time of it - she's a vegetarian, heheheh.......

<Chuckle>, Mmm lets see thats Tofu and Cheese.. I think I'd last about a
day on that diet.. It must be said that it isn't a very vegie friendly
diet. but if you are a carnivore like myself.

I enjoy a good blue/rare steak where I rip it apart with my teeth and
can feel the blood run down my face..<Yum>

Of course it could just be me..

<Chuckle>
Gyp. (Now where did I but that other half a cow)...

Penny S.
June 30th 03, 08:40 PM
Gyp thoughtfully penned:
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>>> The word to discribe the escape from the smoking flab is "atkins",
>>> pretty werid diet. Low carb diet but it doest take off the pounds
>>> PTQ (lost 16 pounds in my first two weeks) stays off as well.
>>> Although it must be said that if you start to eat carbs again it
>>> starts to go back on again.
>>>
>>> Most of the info is on the web so do your "atkins diet" searchs
>>> now..
>>>
>>> Gyp
>>

>> Kath has just started on Dr. Atkins' diet. She's having a rather
>> difficult time of it - she's a vegetarian, heheheh.......
>
> <Chuckle>, Mmm lets see thats Tofu and Cheese.. I think I'd last
> about a day on that diet.. It must be said that it isn't a very vegie
> friendly diet. but if you are a carnivore like myself.
>
> I enjoy a good blue/rare steak where I rip it apart with my teeth and
> can feel the blood run down my face..<Yum>
>
> Of course it could just be me..
>
> <Chuckle>

I used to be a vegetarian, but then having access to really good range fed
Wyoming beef changed all that. I just ordered a side of organic range fed
for this fall for my deep freeze.

penny

Bob M
June 30th 03, 09:24 PM
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:40:02 -0700, Penny S. >
wrote:

> Gyp thoughtfully penned:

>>> Kath has just started on Dr. Atkins' diet. She's having a rather
>>> difficult time of it - she's a vegetarian, heheheh.......
>>
>> <Chuckle>, Mmm lets see thats Tofu and Cheese.. I think I'd last
>> about a day on that diet.. It must be said that it isn't a very vegie
>> friendly diet. but if you are a carnivore like myself.
>>
>> I enjoy a good blue/rare steak where I rip it apart with my teeth and
>> can feel the blood run down my face..<Yum>
>>
>> Of course it could just be me..
>>
>> <Chuckle>
>
> I used to be a vegetarian, but then having access to really good range
> fed
> Wyoming beef changed all that. I just ordered a side of organic range
> fed
> for this fall for my deep freeze.
>
> penny

Where can you do that? I always thought that "free range beef" was BS.
However, I bought some ground meat from free range beef and it is by far
better than the normal stuff -- there's no "brown stuff" created when
cooking it and not much fat, either. It doesn't even need draining. I'd
definitely go for a side of beef.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply

Penny S.
June 30th 03, 09:54 PM
Bob M thoughtfully penned:
>> I used to be a vegetarian, but then having access to really good
>> range fed
>> Wyoming beef changed all that. I just ordered a side of organic
>> range fed
>> for this fall for my deep freeze.
>>
>> penny
>>

> Where can you do that? I always thought that "free range beef" was
> BS. However, I bought some ground meat from free range beef and it is
> by far better than the normal stuff -- there's no "brown stuff"
> created when cooking it and not much fat, either. It doesn't even
> need draining. I'd definitely go for a side of beef.

I have a friend that always raises a couple of beef every year. She just
lets 'em graze.

penny

Mudhead
July 1st 03, 04:16 AM
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:40:02 -0700, "Penny S."
> wrote:

>I used to be a vegetarian, but then having access to really good range fed
>Wyoming beef changed all that. I just ordered a side of organic range fed
>for this fall for my deep freeze.
>
>penny

Ok everyone lets go to Penny's for steaks and the alterations needed
after that feast.

Mud

Gyp
July 1st 03, 09:29 AM
Penny S. wrote:
> I used to be a vegetarian, but then having access to really good range fed
> Wyoming beef changed all that. I just ordered a side of organic range fed
> for this fall for my deep freeze.

Good for you.. Yes food with the drugs and chemicals is much nicer.. We
get ours from a friend of the damily farmer in Ireland that does a
couple of cows for friends and family every year.

Of course we fly over and collect it so you should see the looks on
security when they check our bags. <Chuckle>

Fruitwise we do pretty well as we've mature cherry,apple and plum trees
in the garden..Wouldn't mind a pear tree as well but we have enough
trees methinks..

Gyp

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home