PDA

View Full Version : Re: RR: SS rides again (finally)

Paladin
June 30th 03, 04:30 PM
"Doug Taylor" > wrote in message >...
> My SS has been out of action all season due to rear wheel problem (axle
> snapped). Suffice it to say that I was too cheap to spring for a new wheel
> while I was waiting for the LBS to hassle with Spot on a warranty claim.
> After 3 months of wrangling, I ended up with Spot paying for a new Paul hub.
> Go figure. Hint: I made out like a bandit. I believe SS Hubs in
> descending order of quality go something like this: King, Wood, Paul,
> Surly, Spot. SS gods correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> So, yesterday was the maiden voyage of the season. Loved it. It is so
> light and snappy, and the rigid fork is so precise in the corners. Made all
> the climbs, cleaned all the technical; though arms got a bit shakey and
> fatigued on descents.
>
> I'll go for the extremes of the dualie and the SS; the middle ground is
> vanilla. Back to the dust heap in the rear of the garage for the ht.

I share your joy, Doug. Getting out on those one-trick ponies has no
equal in the mtb world. But I too, am thinking about scrapping my ht
and getting a fairly long-travel double squish just for the more
technical, longer rides, and for the fun of it.

Paladin

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home