PDA

View Full Version : Re: Wanna ride?

Zoot Katz
August 6th 03, 11:35 PM
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:39:14 -0500,
>, Kevan Smith
/\/\> wrote:

>Here's my riding conditions today:
>
> Temperature 99 °F / 37 °C
> HeatIndex 110 °F / 43 °C
> Humidity 44%
> Wind West at 10 mph / 16.1 km/h
> Wind Gust 18 mph / 30 km/h
> Conditions Scattered Clouds
>
>Any of y'all wanna do a 60-mile loop?

Sure thang.

15:00 PDT at YVR

Temperature: 68 °F / 20 °C
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Wind: SE at 9 mph / 14.5 km/h
Wind Gust: 17 mph / 28 km/h
Conditions: Partly Cloudy

This morning we had light showers so the air got washed.
--
zk

Terry Morse
August 7th 03, 12:05 AM
Zoot Katz wrote:

> >Any of y'all wanna do a 60-mile loop?
>
> Sure thang.
>
> 15:00 PDT at YVR
>
> Temperature: 68 °F / 20 °C
> Humidity: 60%
> Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
> Wind: SE at 9 mph / 14.5 km/h
> Wind Gust: 17 mph / 28 km/h
> Conditions: Partly Cloudy
>
> This morning we had light showers so the air got washed.

Not bad. Here's Redwood City, CA for today:

Temp (min/max): 64.6/77.5 F
Humidity: 55%
Wind: W @ 5.3 mph
Conditions: Partly Cloudy

Today's loop ride: 51 mi., 4800 ft., 71 F (avg). Visibility was
excellent. Nice day for a ride in the hills.

Pat
August 7th 03, 12:10 AM
"Kevan Smith" <..
> Here's my riding conditions today:
>
> Temperature 99 °F / 37 °C
> HeatIndex 110 °F / 43 °C
> Humidity 44%
> Wind West at 10 mph / 16.1 km/h
> Wind Gust 18 mph / 30 km/h
> Conditions Scattered Clouds
>
> Any of y'all wanna do a 60-mile loop?

Hey, it's only 105 F in Dallas. Come on over and we'll do Cedar Hill!

Pat in TX

Rick Onanian
August 7th 03, 12:16 AM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:39:14 -0500, wrote:
> Here's my riding conditions today:
>
> Temperature 99 °F / 37 °C
> Humidity 44%
> Wind West at 10 mph / 16.1 km/h
>
> Any of y'all wanna do a 60-mile loop?

Boy, I wish we had that humidity and breeze around here.
Instead, we have 90 °F with 75% humidity daily, with no
sustained wind [though occasional 20mph gusts]. I'll
take the extra 9 degrees in exchange for the humidity
and wind...

--
Rick Onanian

Luigi de Guzman
August 7th 03, 03:41 AM
(Tom Keats) wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> Kevan Smith /\/\> writes:
>
> > Any of y'all wanna do a 60-mile loop?
>
> Yes, but I've gotta transcribe 4 hours of videotaped
> documentary interviews about the arctic and Russian
> nuclear mishaps or some such stuff. In fact, I'd better
> stop f'ing the dog and get back to work right now.
>
> So, maybe later.

f'ing the dog??

isn't that a felony?

-Luigi
"you today, me tomorrow"
-Russian thieves' motto

Eric S. Sande
August 7th 03, 03:51 AM
>f'ing the dog??

>isn't that a felony?

I prefer to believe that it's a Canadian expression connoting an
essentially worthless activity in terms of actual compensation,
such as posting on bicycle newsgroups.

Although the Catholics came out as being strongly against the
practice today, according to CBS news.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------

Tom Keats
August 7th 03, 04:54 AM
In article >,
(Luigi de Guzman) writes:
> (Tom Keats) wrote in message >...
>> In article >,
>> Kevan Smith /\/\> writes:
>>
>> > Any of y'all wanna do a 60-mile loop?
>>
>> Yes, but I've gotta transcribe 4 hours of videotaped
>> documentary interviews about the arctic and Russian
>> nuclear mishaps or some such stuff. In fact, I'd better
>> stop f'ing the dog and get back to work right now.
>>
>> So, maybe later.
>
> f'ing the dog??

Not being productive. Goofing off. Skiving.

cheers,
Tom