PDA

View Full Version : The damndest thing

Corvus Corvax
July 1st 03, 03:49 AM
Sometimes you wonder.

I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
when I run it in 36x18.

****!

CC

Slacker
July 1st 03, 04:29 AM
> Sometimes you wonder.
>
> I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
> never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
> when I run it in 36x18.
>
> ****!
>
> CC

That's pretty funny cause I've been DH'ing a couple seasons now with my triple rings and front der attached without any kind of
tensioner; I've never dropped a chain!
--
Slacker

Paladin
July 1st 03, 03:46 PM
(Corvus Corvax) wrote in message >...
> Sometimes you wonder.
>
> I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
> never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
> when I run it in 36x18.
>
> ****!
>
> CC

According tohis majesty Sheldon, there are magical combinations that
don't require tensioners. Maybe you've hit one and didn't know how
lucky you were.

Paladin

James Messick
July 1st 03, 04:19 PM
"Slacker" > wrote in message
> > Sometimes you wonder.
> >
> > I have been riding my SS MTB for years. Thousands of miles. And I have
> > never noticed that it doesn't really seem to need a chain tensioner
> > when I run it in 36x18.
> >
> > ****!
> >
> > CC
>
> That's pretty funny cause I've been DH'ing a couple seasons now with my
triple rings and front der attached without any kind of
> tensioner; I've never dropped a chain!
> --
> Slacker

What? No rear der.?

Corvus Corvax
July 1st 03, 08:41 PM
(Paladin) wrote

> According tohis majesty Sheldon, there are magical combinations that
> don't require tensioners. Maybe you've hit one and didn't know how
> lucky you were.

Indeed. I took it out for a test spin this morning, and it seemed to
work great. Didn't rattle loose on dirt or staircases. Felt buttah
smooth. Amazingly cool! It's as if the bike was destined for
singularity.

2:1 sucks for a street gear, though. Looks like I'll just leave the
knobbies on the Giant and use the Surly for my onliest street ride.

CC

Slacker
July 2nd 03, 12:12 AM
> > That's pretty funny cause I've been DH'ing a couple seasons now with my
> triple rings and front der attached without any kind of
> > tensioner; I've never dropped a chain!
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> That's just because you go so slow! ;^P
>
> Mike

hehehe...actually, there's some truth in that statement
--
Slacker

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home