PDA

View Full Version : Re: Rigid Forks, doesn't like suspension.

Shaun Rimmer
July 3rd 03, 09:35 AM
Andrew Thorne > wrote in message
> >Heheheheh - funny, but that's not what I was saying - I was sending
myself
> >up, what, with me and my huge tyre fixation and all.
>
> Fair enough. I just thought I'd have some fun with you.

I know ',;~}~

> Cheers,

Slanche!

> -Andrew

Shaun aRe

Doug Taylor
July 3rd 03, 02:31 PM
(Stephen Baker) wrote:

>Barry? What did _he_ do to get on the list?
>
>Huh!

Sorry for being ambiguous, that would be Barry SANDERS, who thinks
that v-brakes are better than discs.
--dt

J'm Sm'th
July 3rd 03, 02:34 PM
Doug Taylor wrote:

> B a r r y B u r k e J r . <Keep it in the >
> wrote:
>
> >You're an eTard! I'm on your side! <G>
>
> JD is the eTard. Me, I'm just guilty of being ambiguous.
>
> I meant Barry Sanders, lover of v-brakes over discs.
>
> >Read carefully, brother!
>
> Screw that. Much more fun to cause trouble by skimming, misreading,
> misunderstanding, and misquoting ;-)
>
> --dt

Dammit, man, don't let out the Secret To Usenet Newsgroups!

--
J'm

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes.
....-.-

Stephen Baker
July 3rd 03, 02:56 PM
Dougy says:

>Sorry for being ambiguous, that would be Barry SANDERS, who knows
>that v-brakes are sometimes better than discs.

OK - but you had Burke worried for a while in there ;-)

Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/private/scbweb/home.htm

JD
July 3rd 03, 06:53 PM
Doug Taylor > wrote in message >...
> (JD) wrote:
>
> >That's a pretty broad and bold statement there Dougie. You need to get out more.
>
> JD and Stephen Baker on their rigid forks vs. the rest of the world on
> suspension. What studs!
>
> I'm on my mt. bikes about 2 or 3 times a week, about 2/3 of the time
> on the dualie with discs and 1/3 on the rigid SS with V-s.
>
> Here's the truth that any idiot with half a brain who actually rides
> bikes with any degree of proficiency can determine empirically simply
> by actually riding frequently and not talking out of their ass: 1)
> suspension is faster "going down hills" that rigid; 2) disc brakes
> are superior to rim brakes in ALL respects.
>
> The small, small minority of people who disagree with either or both
> of those assertions are so far off the bell curve as to not to not
> merit much attention. JD, Stephen and Barry to name three.

I really like how you chose to delete your prior statement from this
post, to which I had contradicted because of its ignorant nature:

> Anybody who thinks a rigid frame and forks can keep pace with a full
> suspension or just a front suspension bike downhill: 1) rides only
> smooth fire roads; 2) has arms made of spaghetti; 3) hasn't ridden
> with suspension in a while; 4) doesn't ride with riders on suspension
> (front or both) bikes; 5) rides alone; 6) rides with weenies; 7) is
> Brian Lopes or a close relative

How uninformed of you. Your world must be pathetically small.

JD

B a r r y B u r k e J r .
July 3rd 03, 09:08 PM
On 02 Jul 2003 21:39:48 GMT, (Stephen Baker)
wrote:

>Barry says:
>
>>So, if a bike could _generally_ be ridden just as fast over a given
>>terrain, without a suspension fork, you'd see an awful lot of rigid
>>bikes on pro races.
>>

>Name me one team that doesn't have a fork-builder sponsoring it.

OK, forget "Pro". How about every single amateur "shop team" based
in the USA? <G>

You know, where the shop pays your entry fee if you podium. The
grassroots guys and gals can ride anything they want.

Barry

Bill Wheeler
July 8th 03, 12:34 PM
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:37:45 +0800, "Jansen Danganan" >
wrote:

[snip]

I totally enjoyed this thread!!

Peace and thank you,
Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home