PDA

View Full Version : moutain tires & wheel size query

Dilbert Firestorm
July 7th 03, 10:00 AM
hey all,

what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?

I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size
may be an issue...

my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.

the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

comments are welcome

spademan o---[\) *
July 7th 03, 02:21 PM
"Dilbert Firestorm" > wrote in
message ...
> hey all,
>
> what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?
>
> I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be
possible. size
> may be an issue...
>
> my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.
>
> the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)
>
> comments are welcome

Dilbert I have no idea what kinds of tyres you will be able to get, but who
cares, I'd just like to commend you on your most excellent name....

Steve E.

Mark Hickey
July 7th 03, 06:14 PM
Dilbert Firestorm > wrote:

>what do I need to look for in getting the right size wheel & tire?
>
>I would like to get mountain tires for my bike, but it may not be possible. size
>may be an issue...
>
>my bike is an Response F-S 12 speed. its an old bike I bought from sears.
>
>the tires it currently uses are 27" X 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 (not sure which)

Check out the Tioga Bloodhound (available in 27x1-3/8") or the
slightly less knobby Kenda Kross Cyclo (also 27" x 1-3/8").

Just make sure you have enough clearance to mount them on your bike
before buying them.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com