PDA

View Full Version : Giant Boulder or Specialized Hardrock???

emile72
July 8th 03, 05:15 PM
Hi,

i'm new to the ng and I would like to ask you a simple question.
which is the best offer?

1) Giant Boulder AluxX FS2 for ? 370
or
2) Specialized Hardrock (2nd hand, the shop owner told me it has been used
only 2 months) for ?300 (original price = ? 380).

Thanks to everyone.

Bye,
emile72

Penny S.
July 8th 03, 05:24 PM
emile72 thoughtfully penned:
> Hi,
>
> i'm new to the ng and I would like to ask you a simple question.
> which is the best offer?
>
> 1) Giant Boulder AluxX FS2 for ? 370
> or
> 2) Specialized Hardrock (2nd hand, the shop owner told me it has been
> used only 2 months) for ?300 (original price = ? 380).
>
> Thanks to everyone.
>
> Bye,
> emile72

which one fits better?

p.

Pete
July 8th 03, 11:27 PM
"emile72" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i'm new to the ng and I would like to ask you a simple question.
> which is the best offer?
>
> 1) Giant Boulder AluxX FS2 for ? 370
> or
> 2) Specialized Hardrock (2nd hand, the shop owner told me it has been used
> only 2 months) for ?300 (original price = ? 380).
>
> Thanks to everyone.

Which Hardrock?
FS? Comp?

I've seen rigid hardrocks on closeout for $199. My 1999 FS model was ~$330
new.

Pete
in the hardrock line, FS = Front suspension, not Full suspension.

Pete
July 9th 03, 02:49 AM
"emile72" > wrote

> The shop owner told me the model is just Hardrock, so i guess it's the
basic
> (rigid) model.
> The prices are in EURO.
>
> Thanks

Not knowing standard bike prices in Europe....but 300 seems kinda high. 1
Euro = +- $1, depending on who farted last.

Which one fits you the best, and which one do *you* like better? You're the
one who is going to ride it.

Pete

emile72
July 9th 03, 09:46 AM
"Pete" > wrote in message

> "emile72" > wrote
> >
> > The shop owner told me the model is just Hardrock, so i guess it's the
> basic
> > (rigid) model.
> > The prices are in EURO.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Not knowing standard bike prices in Europe....but 300 seems kinda high. 1
> Euro = +- $1, depending on who farted last.
>
> Which one fits you the best, and which one do *you* like better? You're
the
> one who is going to ride it.
>
> Pete

Ok
I get the point. It's a question about test riding and "feeling" with the
bike more than just compare the price and see what I get for it.

Today I'll go to the shops and ask for a test ride.

Thanks!!!
emile72

Stephen Baker
July 9th 03, 12:25 PM
emile says:

>Today I'll go to the shops and ask for a test ride.

That's the ticket!
But..... if one of them is available in red, it will be faster, so give it
extra points. ;-)

Steve

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home