PDA

View Full Version : Re: 2003 Marzocchi MX Comp troubles.

KLydesdale
July 8th 03, 09:22 PM
"Chris Phillipo" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, klydesdale001
> @comcast.net says...
> > Has anyone out there had troubles with bushing play in a 2003 Marzocchi
MX
> > Comp fork? I bought a new one a couple of weeks ago and it's already
> > developed a clunking sound after only a couple of rides. When I
> > investigated the source of the noise, it definitely felt like there was
some
> > slop between the stanchion and the lower leg on the right side similar
> > when I had worn bushings on other shocks.
>
> Usually if your bushing is that far gone you will get oil leaking past
> the seal, do you see evidence of that?

Nope. And I wouldn't expect such either. The darn fork is almost brand
spanking new. It only has about 50 miles of dirt road under it's belt.

>This new coil in one leg, air in
> the other system does make for some strange new noises.

This is the basic Marzocchi MX Comp 85mm - not the ETA version. It's a dual
coil/oil system (which is why I chose it). Like I said the strange noise is
similar to what I've experienced with worn bushings and I can feel the play
in the right side but not the left. I'm thinking it's problem with the
tolerances between the bushings and stanchions. I've emailed Marzocchi to
see what they have to say about it.

KLydesdale
July 9th 03, 01:28 PM
"Slacker" > wrote in message
> "KLydesdale"
>
> > This is the basic Marzocchi MX Comp 85mm - not the ETA version. It's a
dual
> > coil/oil system (which is why I chose it). Like I said the strange
noise is
> > similar to what I've experienced with worn bushings and I can feel the
play
> > in the right side but not the left. I'm thinking it's problem with the
> > tolerances between the bushings and stanchions. I've emailed Marzocchi
> > see what they have to say about it.
>

> I would make a phone call (661 257 6630) and not rely on Marzocchi
answering their email; it could be a long wait.
> --

When I sent them a couple of emails a few weeks back, I received replies in
less than two days.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home