PDA

View Full Version : Re: Front suspension

KLydesdale
July 10th 03, 03:38 PM
"Andrew Thorne" > wrote in message
> >On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:02:45 +0200, rh wrote:
> >
> >> I have an older mountain bike without front suspension. Can anyone
> >> recommend front suspension for a Trek 950?
> >
> > anything from Fox
>
> The current fork and a 2.5 inch tire would be a far better choice for that
> bike.

I don't think so. Installing a suspension fork on my Trek 930 was one of
the best things I ever did MTB-wise.

Andrew Thorne
July 10th 03, 06:41 PM

>> > anything from Fox
>>
>> The current fork and a 2.5 inch tire would be a far better choice for that
>> bike.
>

>I don't think so. Installing a suspension fork on my Trek 930 was one of
>the best things I ever did MTB-wise.

It's at least a five year old bike, that sold for under $700 then, and somebody
suggests buying a $500 fork for it that is fairly long travel and, depending on
how old the bike is, will slacken the head angle by at least one and possibly
three degrees. And you agree? What're you smoking?

-Andrew

KLydesdale
July 11th 03, 05:27 AM

> >> The current fork and a 2.5 inch tire would be a far better choice for
that
> >> bike.
> >

> >I don't think so. Installing a suspension fork on my Trek 930 was one of
> >the best things I ever did MTB-wise.
> >

> It's at least a five year old bike, that sold for under $700 then, and
somebody
> suggests buying a $500 fork for it that is fairly long travel and,
depending on
> how old the bike is, will slacken the head angle by at least one and
possibly
> three degrees. And you agree? What're you smoking?

I have to ask what drugs you're on because they're obviously causing you to
read quite a bit into the statement of mine you quoted above as well as
causing you to miss the caveats I gave in another post where I specifically
cautioned against using a long-travel fork on such a bike.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home