PDA

View Full Version : Re: Got My Norco

Slacker
July 14th 03, 02:00 AM
> Hey
>
> after a long wait i got my norco dh team. Its sweet and has a sweet spec,
>
> Boxxers, mrp, azonic, clarks six pots etc.
>
> I know i haven't posted here in a while a couple of months to be more exact,
> but i know there was some people who wanted to know what it was like when i
> got it. So here goes
>
> The head angle is quite steep, but it has a long back end to make up for it,
> which takes a bit of getting used to. As a result it turns in to corners
> really quikly but the back is sort of washy and takes a while to come
> around. The rear end works so well and eats anything I can throw at it with
> ease. I still have to get the right spring for my weight, but its working ok
> with the one that came as stock. It pedals very well for an 8" travell bike
> and I can make the 45 mins road spin to my local trails no bother. Theres
> the quick run down on it ill have pics up soon as i get my camera back.
>
> AL

Nice rig. Although the Norco's don't fit me, I really like them.
--
Slacker - looking forward to some pix

spademan o---[\) *
July 14th 03, 11:34 AM
"Alastair Maxwell" > wrote in message
> Hey
>
> after a long wait i got my norco dh team. Its sweet and has a sweet spec,
>
> Boxxers, mrp, azonic, clarks six pots etc.
>
> I know i haven't posted here in a while a couple of months to be more
exact,
> but i know there was some people who wanted to know what it was like when
> got it. So here goes
>
> The head angle is quite steep, but it has a long back end to make up for
it,
> which takes a bit of getting used to. As a result it turns in to corners
> really quikly but the back is sort of washy and takes a while to come
> around. The rear end works so well and eats anything I can throw at it
with
> ease. I still have to get the right spring for my weight, but its working
ok
> with the one that came as stock. It pedals very well for an 8" travell
bike
> and I can make the 45 mins road spin to my local trails no bother. Theres
> the quick run down on it ill have pics up soon as i get my camera back.
>
> AL

Hey Al,
Sounds like a good set-up, how are those brakes treating you?

Steve.

Alastair Maxwell
July 15th 03, 11:14 AM
"spademan o---[) *" > wrote in message

> "Alastair Maxwell" > wrote in message
> > Hey
> >
> > after a long wait i got my norco dh team. Its sweet and has a sweet
spec,

> > Boxxers, mrp, azonic, clarks six pots etc.
> >
> > I know i haven't posted here in a while a couple of months to be more
> exact,
> > but i know there was some people who wanted to know what it was like
when
> > got it. So here goes
> >
> > The head angle is quite steep, but it has a long back end to make up for
> it,
> > which takes a bit of getting used to. As a result it turns in to corners
> > really quikly but the back is sort of washy and takes a while to come
> > around. The rear end works so well and eats anything I can throw at it
> with
> > ease. I still have to get the right spring for my weight, but its
working
> ok
> > with the one that came as stock. It pedals very well for an 8" travell
> bike
> > and I can make the 45 mins road spin to my local trails no bother.
Theres
> > the quick run down on it ill have pics up soon as i get my camera back.
> >
> > AL
> >

> Hey Al,
> Sounds like a good set-up, how are those brakes treating you?
>
> Steve.

The Brakes are amazing, although i did do a little customisation for the
front one. They do not come in a mount to fit boxxers, seen as i was going
to have to get a mount made to do the job i got a hayes eight inch rotor and
got a mount match the caliper to the fork using the larger rotor which
results in stupid stopping power. Probably a little over board but what the
hell. The rear one runs on a very small disk 155 mm and works amazingly.

AL

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home