PDA

View Full Version : seat post clamp question

Steve Gibson
July 15th 03, 12:47 AM
I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a
new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a quick
release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any
info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,

Steve

Michael Dart
July 15th 03, 12:59 AM
"Steve Gibson" > wrote in message
. ..
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a
> new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any
> info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

Salsa make the best IMO. They make both QR and bolt type ones.

Mike

B a r r y B u r k e J r .
July 15th 03, 01:16 AM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:47:24 GMT, "Steve Gibson" >
wrote:

>I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a
>new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a quick
>release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any
>info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
>Steve

Any decent bike shop can set you up for less than $10, in less time
than it took you to ask the question here.

Barry

Sorni
July 15th 03, 07:14 AM
"Steve Gibson" > wrote in message
. ..
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a
> new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any
> info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,

You'll be hearing from a man (nick)named "Clydesdale".

(Or just Google it.)

Bill

SuperClydesdale
July 15th 03, 03:38 PM
"Steve Gibson" > wrote in message
. ..
> I was hoping maybe someone here could give me some info on where to buy a
> new seat post clamp, a good solid one, I am a heavy guy, I dont want a
quick
> release and thats the kind my bike (specialized hard rock) came with any
> info or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance,
>
> Steve

Steve

If your seat tube diamter allows, I absolutely recommend the Lip Lock from
Salsa; http://www.salsacycles.com/enter.html. $15-$20 at your LBS.

SuperClydesdale

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home