PDA

View Full Version : Re: More AM-B Epic ID

Xtc
July 16th 03, 11:38 AM
Great pics Gman! On a SS rigid. Excellent. Thx for sharing the ride.
Xtc

Paladin
July 16th 03, 08:51 PM
Gman > wrote in message >...
> THE PIX:
> http://www.pbase.com/gmanpbase/ambepic
>
> THE STORY:
> Well, it took me a while to get my sh_t in order,
> but here's my perspective. I'll try and keep it
> short 'cause I know I'm usually boring. :)

Not on a bike you're not. Unless you mean the fact that you leave us
standing around saying, where'd he go?

> What a weekend! JD, Craig and I started out on
> Friday night with a little SS teaser up into
> Ponderosa Park along a peninsula on Lake Payette.
> This short, but awesome piece of singletrack
> culminates on a cliff overlooking Payette, simply
> spectacular (see pix).
>
> We spun it home, had some chow, and JD and I
> accompanied group #2, including the (in)famous
> Paladin up the same ride.

Nothing like a stout little ride with a gutful of spaghetti &
brownies. Sure wish I coulda seen you monkeys clean those
"challenging" switchbacks on your Singlespeeds. It was that single
ride that convinced me to NOT take my SS on the big epic.

> Saturday morning arrived and I had full intentions
> of riding my geared bike, but after some
> harassment by certain tallish individuals, I was
> representin' on the rigid SS once again.

Good to have you two over-sized galoots taking the lead. Of course
you & the Freak had it easy, what with not having to concern
yourselves with chainrings, gearing, do I shift now or later, you
could just shut the hell up and ride!

And what
> a great call that was. The Ruby Meadows to Loon
> Lake to Chinook Campground is an SS dream. 15
> miles of up-n-down, twisty singletrack and fun little
> technical rock/root challenges.

Clydesdale was begging for some singletrack pictures. To my
knowledge, the only double track we rode was the first 3 or 4 miles
over to Willowbasket. I've got a picture from Alex that shows Joel
coming into the big burn site/rest area, just before you rolled in
with Gab after your flat. Those technical climbs in the white sandy
rocks up-n-over to our first rest stop were rockin tacos!

It was a complete
> HOOT, and all 14 of us properly enjoyed it.
> (despite the fact that we _started_ the ride at
> noon when the temps were around 90...DOH!)

If the finish had been another 3 miles or so, we'da had some folks
approaching serious dehydration. Next time we'll do a regular
rotation on sweeper. Thanks to Gab and Joel for relieving me now and
then.

> Sunday Brundage Ski Resort bombing had me reaching
> for my FS, and not being too sad about catching a
> lift uphill either. Brundage was fun, but I was a
> tad disappointed that they did not have any big
> rollers to launch off with all that speed
> ...trying to keep the liability insurance down I
> guess. :)

There's no accounting for your insanity. Drink a six of mtn dew and
huck off your roof, you maniac.

> The weekend camaraderie was absolutely fantastic
> and it was great to meet and ride with some of you
> folks. I am already looking forward to next year.

Friday's swimming/cliff jumping & Post-Ride dips in the lake were
awesome.

> Props to CDB and others for all of the hard work!

Gracias, but the *setting* did it all. At PaladinAdventureTours.com,
we kick back to achieve the highest levels of mediocrity!

Paladin
> Gman out

Penny S.
July 16th 03, 09:28 PM
Paladin scribbled :
> And what
>> a great call that was. The Ruby Meadows to Loon
>> Lake to Chinook Campground is an SS dream. 15
>> miles of up-n-down, twisty singletrack and fun little
>> technical rock/root challenges.
>
> Clydesdale was begging for some singletrack pictures.

He must be blind.

To my
> knowledge, the only double track we rode was the first 3 or 4 miles
> over to Willowbasket.

wasn't even double track; it was a widish ATV track.

I've got a picture from Alex that shows Joel
> coming into the big burn site/rest area, just before you rolled in
> with Gab after your flat. Those technical climbs in the white sandy
> rocks up-n-over to our first rest stop were rockin tacos!

and how come we haven't seen that photo yet?

> If the finish had been another 3 miles or so, we'da had some folks
> approaching serious dehydration. Next time we'll do a regular
> rotation on sweeper. Thanks to Gab and Joel for relieving me now and
> then.

Next time we will pack the water filter. Craig's still waiting to see if
the stuff he drank out of the Secesh on his solo makes him ill or not...

> Friday's swimming/cliff jumping & Post-Ride dips in the lake were
> awesome.

I am really sorry we missed that part, but work called...

Penny

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home