PDA

View Full Version : RR: Mountain biking in Denmark

iddqdATworldonline.dk
July 18th 03, 09:26 PM
Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
so give it a look and let me know what you think.

Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.

Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.

http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html

Kind regards

Bruno

Lefty
July 18th 03, 10:21 PM
"iddqdATworldonline.dk" > wrote in message
> Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> so give it a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
>
> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
>
> http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html

cool report, and it looks like a great place to ride.

(you sure don't see that many deer in one place around here.)

notaknob
July 18th 03, 10:36 PM
In article >,
says...

> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.

Yeah, it would suck if your RRs made sense...

After going back through my own, I have this feeling that I wrote them
after climbing from 80 meters to 4000 meters above sea level. It's the
"you had to be there" or "you were once there" feeling. Think of usenet
RRs as a fart in the wind. Only the originator understands it.
Thankfully there's digital cameras.

> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.

I read it slowly - as the pictures loaded.

First of all, why do Danes drive SUVs? Second of all, why do people in
Denver drive SUVs? Yeah yeah yeah, snow, fields, etc.

Third of all, thank you for not posting any topless pictures. That
really sucks when that happens.

good ride report. I liked the stats at the end. We don't get that
level of singletrack - road percentage down south here.

By the way, there heaps of sarcasam in this RR review - and bad english
to.

nk

iddqdATworldonline.dk
July 19th 03, 12:59 AM
Michael Dart wrote:
> Beautiful place. Kind of reminds me of this place in Virginia
> http://www.panoramatrails.com/ click pictures link to see. I wish our
> streets were designed for bikes like in Denmark.

Thank you. I can see why it reminds you of Virginia, except you seem to
have a bit more hills.

As for the bike lanes they are actually pretty common in many of the
european countries, but most widespread in Denmark and Holland.

Kind regards

Bruno

M&M
July 19th 03, 03:59 AM
"iddqdATworldonline.dk" > wrote in message >...
> Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> so give it a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
>
> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
>
> http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno

Great RR , Bruno .
The English is better than mine . The pictures were great , except
when you left out the panorama of the beach :)

M&M

Raptor
July 19th 03, 06:40 AM
Lefty wrote:
> cool report, and it looks like a great place to ride.
>
> (you sure don't see that many deer in one place around here.)

Except in National Parks, where you can't ride except on the road.

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Raptor
July 19th 03, 06:42 AM
iddqdATworldonline.dk wrote:
> Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> so give it a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
>
> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
>
> http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno

Looks lovely, good English. Are there any areas of what you'd call
"wilderness" left in Denmark? Places that see human visits once a week
at the most?

"I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
--Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Splat Graphics
July 19th 03, 07:12 AM
nice ride ;)
I'd love to take a motion cam to record what my rides are like :)
Have a good one :)

--
Cory Sarafinchan
Splat Graphics

"Raptor" > wrote in message ...
> iddqdATworldonline.dk wrote:
> > Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> > so give it a look and let me know what you think.
> >
> > Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> > the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
> >
> > Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> > pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
> >
> > http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Bruno
>
> Looks lovely, good English. Are there any areas of what you'd call
> "wilderness" left in Denmark? Places that see human visits once a week
> at the most?
>
> --
> --
> Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall
> "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we could to protect
> our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security."
> --Microsoft VP in charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

Notaknob
July 19th 03, 03:44 PM
Raptor > wrote in message >...

> Looks lovely, good English. Are there any areas of what you'd call
> "wilderness" left in Denmark? Places that see human visits once a week
> at the most?

There are few places on the mainland of Europe that could qualify for
the description of "wilderness" as applied to much of the rest of the
world.

Thousands of years of western civilizaton has pretty much re-worked
the landscape. Think of what Iceland once was, or as a more modern
example, Madagascar has become. If denuded landscape is wilderness,
they both qualify.

Denmark might have more less-utilized areas, but they're probably
islands that aren't easily reachable.

But that's my own opinon from traveling throughout central western
Europe. Other places (Scandanavian countries and Eastern Europe)
probably have wilderness.

nk 'got hitched in Esjberg'

nk

iddqdATworldonline.dk
July 19th 03, 05:08 PM
Raptor wrote:
> Looks lovely, good English. Are there any areas of what you'd call
> "wilderness" left in Denmark? Places that see human visits once a week
> at the most?

Thank you.

In the less populated area's of Denmark you can find places that are
wilderness, but this is a small country so aren't many of them. There
are a few places in Denmark were the nature is said to be untouched
since the last ice age, but the woods I ride in are mostly man made.

In fact many of the trees in the forrests around Copenhagen was planted
early in the 19th century, as a reaction to the british terror bombing*
Copenhagen in 1807 and the subsequent handing over of the danish fleet.

The plan was to ensure raw material for future generations to build a
new fleet. Building a 18th/19th century battle ship took around 1500
full size oak trees, and it takes around 140-150 years for a oak tree to
reach full size. Before the trees grew up technology made wooden war
ships obsolete and Denmarks role as a super power on the seven seas was
never restored. So the trees are still here, most of them anyway, and
the Napoleon wars is a long time ago.

A little bit of the trees have been knocked over and sent to the US, to
be used in the restoration of the Coronet.

http://www.iyrs.org/coro1.htm

Kind regards

Bruno

* More than 2000 civilians was killed and large parts of the city burnt
to the ground by the british fire bombardment.

bomba
July 19th 03, 10:24 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk wrote:
> Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> so give it a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
>
> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
>
> http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html

Nice RR and pictures, but a couple of points. You shouldn't really post
pictures that big, embedded in the page. Each of your picturs are over
500KB in size. It's not a problem for me, as I have broadband, but for
56k users, your pages would take ages to load. Either put in thumbnails
with links to the bigger pictures, or put in smaller pictures (600
pixels or so wide).

If you need a program that will quickly resize pictures, try Easy
Thumbnails: http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

Slacker
July 21st 03, 07:57 AM
> Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> so give it a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
>
> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
>
> http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno

Very nice Bruno. Thanks!
--
Slacker

Shaun Rimmer
July 21st 03, 12:18 PM
iddqdATworldonline.dk > wrote in message
> Just finished uploading my RR, had to make room on my makeshift website,
> so give it a look and let me know what you think.
>
> Due to the RR containing a good deal of pictures I have decided not post
> the text on it's own, it would make less sense that way.
>
> Please be patient when reading, my english is far from perfect and the
> pictures will take a little time to load if you have a slow connection.
>
> http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl45720/rr/rr1.html
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bruno

Now what the hell makes you think we would be interested in this?

Heheheheheh - Thanks Bruno ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home