PDA

View Full Version : Re: Homemade protein bars

Peter Tønnesen
July 19th 03, 12:33 AM
"Carla A-G" > skrev i en meddelelse
> http://dropmac.web.aplus.net/news/news/view.php?id=116&a=full

Way to much useless carbonhydrate (pure refined sugar) and fat... Wont
advice a sugar bomb like that before riding, your blood sugar will make you
dull. Maybe after riding?

Peter
DK

Lefty
July 19th 03, 03:32 AM
"Carla A-G" > wrote in message
> http://dropmac.web.aplus.net/news/news/view.php?id=116&a=full

I get the convenience of "bars" when I'm rushed, or need to stuff something
into pockets, but I tend to buy them more when I'm traveling than when I'm
biking.

I'm not an expert on the best foods before, in the middle, and after a
ride - but until I find fault with them my tendancy would be to eat
"regular" food. Trader Joes markes here have some nice raw sunflower seeds,
(unsalted) blistered peanuts, and of course raisins. Fig Newtons (not the
low fat kind) always seemed to go down easy as a long-ride energy source.

(Went to the local Carneceria and picked up some thin-sliced and marinated
skirt steak for diner tonight, grilled it over oak, ... tasty protein
burritos.)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home