PDA

View Full Version : Re: pita

ClydesdaleMTB
July 19th 03, 10:46 PM
Paul MacIntyre wrote:
> New Brooks Professional.

Yummy!!!! In the natural honey brown color?

http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/misc/new-brooks.jpg

>Soaked it in Lexol for a few hours,

O.M.G., NOOooo not LEXOL... BLASPHEME!!!!!!!

Just a good treatment of Proofhide and go ride.

> so I'm hoping for a short break in.

This old, tired, sh!t, about a Broooks taking hundreds of miles to
"break in" is bovine ecrements, IMO...Either it feels good almost
instantly(20 miles), or it never will. the key is finding _the_ brooks
model that fits _your_ bum.

If not, I'll buy it off of you if you don't like it. (If you haven't
ruined it (made it too soft) with the Lexol..... I LOVE the Brooks
Professional, they fit me perfectly.I just can't afford them. My last
one was a gift from my sister-in-law. (What are the odds she just
happens to be visiting us right now ;-)

--
John G.

http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

B. Sanders
July 20th 03, 12:45 AM
"Paul MacIntyre" > wrote in message
> New Brooks Professional. Soaked it in Lexol for a few hours, so I'm
hoping
> for a short break in.

Hate to be the one to say it; but most Brooks lovers that I know don't
recommend even using Proofide, or any other softening agent. They say it
ruins the leather, and that you just have to let it break-in naturally for
best results.

I have no idea what Lexol would do; but I hope you didn't greatly shorten
the useful life of your Brooks saddle. OTOH: Tell us if the Lexol treatment
works. Always open to new ideas.

Barry

Paul MacIntyre
July 20th 03, 04:25 AM
----------
In article >, ClydesdaleMTB
> wrote:

> Paul MacIntyre wrote:
>> New Brooks Professional.
>
> Yummy!!!! In the natural honey brown color?

of course!

> http://www.shavings.net//images/bikes/misc/new-brooks.jpg
>

>>Soaked it in Lexol for a few hours,
>
> O.M.G., NOOooo not LEXOL... BLASPHEME!!!!!!!
>
> Just a good treatment of Proofhide and go ride.
>

>> so I'm hoping for a short break in.
>

> This old, tired, sh!t, about a Broooks taking hundreds of miles to
> "break in" is bovine ecrements, IMO...Either it feels good almost
> instantly(20 miles), or it never will. the key is finding _the_ brooks
> model that fits _your_ bum.
>
> If not, I'll buy it off of you if you don't like it. (If you haven't
> ruined it (made it too soft) with the Lexol..... I LOVE the Brooks
> Professional, they fit me perfectly.I just can't afford them. My last
> one was a gift from my sister-in-law. (What are the odds she just
> happens to be visiting us right now ;-)
>

> --
> John G.
>
> http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

I just broke a rail on my B-17 that I've had for over two years so I'm used
to Brooks. I used lexol on the B-17 with no problems. I rode about 15mi on
the new saddle today and expect to be acclimated to it in a week.

Paul

Paul

(Pete Cresswell)
July 20th 03, 09:01 PM
RE/
>New Brooks Professional. Soaked it in Lexol for a few hours, so I'm hoping
>for a short break in.

Bad Idea, IMHO.

You don't anything that penetrates the leather. The goop that Books sells
stays on top and is intended to stop anythng else from penetrating.

The test will be excessive sag.

Break-In? Must be different from my B-17's if it needs much more than a few
hours.
PeteCresswell

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home