PDA

View Full Version : I need a

Andy Chequer
July 22nd 03, 12:48 AM
suggestion.

I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
suits it.

On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e.
no flouro colours need apply,

Thoughts....

Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

Cameron
July 22nd 03, 01:57 AM
"Andy Chequer" > wrote in message
> suggestion.
>
> I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
>
> I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
> starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
> suits it.
>
> On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
> colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e.
> no flouro colours need apply,
>
> Thoughts....
>
> Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

How about a pastel split-pea green/lavender paint mix?

--
Cameron

John Harlow
July 22nd 03, 03:58 AM
> I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
>
> I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
> starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
> suits it.
>
> On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
> colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -
i.e.
> no flouro colours need apply,
>
> Thoughts....

Battleship
Camo
Barber pole
glitter and clearcoat

lay it on a spinning table and pour various paint colors on it

bomba
July 22nd 03, 09:50 AM
Andy Chequer wrote:

> suggestion.
>
> I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

Are you respraying it yourself?

> I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
> starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
> suits it.
>
> On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
> colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e.
> no flouro colours need apply,
>
> Thoughts....

These guys should give you some ideas:
http://www.ifbikes.com/colors2/paintgallery.shtml

You can drool over their frames too...

Shaun Rimmer
July 22nd 03, 10:35 AM
Andy Chequer > wrote in
message ...
> suggestion.
>
> I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
>
> I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is
> starting to rust through nicely and in a way the distressed look rather
> suits it.
>
> On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting
> colour is tempting. It's got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -
i.e.
> no flouro colours need apply,
>
> Thoughts....
>
> Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

Lime green, passionfruit purple, midnight blue, mid yellow - paint each tube
one colour and move on to the next. Don't argue, just get to it.

Shaun aRe

Andy Chequer
July 22nd 03, 06:24 PM
Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,

Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone
along with Rimmer's suggestion by now. Thank you God.....

Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a
hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames if
I can get em.

and a sticker for the chainstay that says ************titswankarse********.
Then you can all watch it on "The World's Zaniest Chainstays", coming to a
dodgy cable channel near you.

Andy Chequer, had a pus beige mini once.

Shaun Rimmer
July 23rd 03, 10:04 AM
John Morgan > wrote in message
> > Lime green,
>
> Hey, lime green is on its way back "in" ya know...

Then stop sniffing.

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
July 23rd 03, 10:06 AM
Andy Chequer > wrote in
message ...
> Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,

Hey - even I get a mention! Whooo-hooo!

> Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone
> along with Rimmer's suggestion by now. Thank you God.....

You will regret not doing it my way for the rest of your life.

> Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a
> hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames
if
> I can get em.
>
> and a sticker for the chainstay that says
************titswankarse********.
> Then you can all watch it on "The World's Zaniest Chainstays", coming to a
> dodgy cable channel near you.
>
> Andy Chequer, had a pus beige mini once.

Got yer face paint matched did you?

Shaun aRe

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home