PDA

View Full Version : Extra Large SPD compatible shoes

John Morey
July 24th 03, 06:22 PM
I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they were a
rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade , however
I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers is
hard enough these days)
can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers (preferably
UK based) ?

thanks

Shaun Rimmer
July 25th 03, 01:14 PM
John Morey > wrote in message
> I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
> riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they were
> rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade ,
however
> I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers is
> hard enough these days)
> can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers
(preferably
> UK based) ?

Well, being almost rabidly anti-clip in, I have no recommendations of my
own, but the usual one trotted out here in reply to this type of question,
is the (reportedly) venerable 'Sidi Dominator'.

HTH!

Shaun aRe

bomba
July 25th 03, 01:48 PM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
>>riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they were

>>rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade ,
>
> however
>
>>I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers is
>>hard enough these days)
>>can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers
>
> (preferably
>
>>UK based) ?
>

> Well, being almost rabidly anti-clip in, I have no recommendations of my
> own, but the usual one trotted out here in reply to this type of question,
> is the (reportedly) venerable 'Sidi Dominator'.

They only go up to a 48, and tend to be on the small size too, so in
reality, that should be a 47.

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

KLydesdale
July 27th 03, 01:54 PM
"bomba" > wrote in message
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>I have UK size 13 feet (49 EU size) and have great difficulty in finding
> >>riding shoes that fit , my size 48 shoes feel very squashed and they
were

> >>rather cheap pair I have had some years so I would like to upgrade ,
> >
> > however
> >
> >>I have had great difficultly finding shoes in my size (finding trainers
is
> >>hard enough these days)
> >>can anybody else with a similar problem recommend any suppliers
> >
> > (preferably
> >
> >>UK based) ?
> >

> > Well, being almost rabidly anti-clip in, I have no recommendations of my
> > own, but the usual one trotted out here in reply to this type of
question,
> > is the (reportedly) venerable 'Sidi Dominator'.
>
> They only go up to a 48, and tend to be on the small size too, so in
> reality, that should be a 47.

Here in the US, Sidi Dominator 4 shoes are available up to size 52. In my
experience, their size 48 is as large as, or larger, than other size 48 MTB
shoes I've tried from Specialized, AXO, Northwave, Pearl Izumi, Shimano,
Nike, and Diadora.

I find a size 48 Dominator Mega fit my 13EEE feet quite well.

RacerX
July 27th 03, 04:29 PM
try www.specialized.com

They have some great deals on shoes i bought allota pairs from there Really
cheap and are all absolutely perfect.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProduct.jsp?section=12652&browselevel=specia
ls&JServSessionIdroot=siduhrg5dl.j27005

try that pair $19 USD and i found them to be a bit larger than normal i wear
a 13US and bought a 13 and have to wear two pair of socks. hahahhaha

"KLydesdale" > wrote in message

> were

> > > however

> is
> > >
> > > (preferably

> > > Well, being almost rabidly anti-clip in, I have no recommendations of
my
> > > own, but the usual one trotted out here in reply to this type of
> question,
> > > is the (reportedly) venerable 'Sidi Dominator'.
> >
> > They only go up to a 48, and tend to be on the small size too, so in
> > reality, that should be a 47.
> >

> Here in the US, Sidi Dominator 4 shoes are available up to size 52. In my
> experience, their size 48 is as large as, or larger, than other size 48
MTB
> shoes I've tried from Specialized, AXO, Northwave, Pearl Izumi, Shimano,
> Nike, and Diadora.
>
> I find a size 48 Dominator Mega fit my 13EEE feet quite well.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home