PDA

View Full Version : Nice to Avignon

eric
July 2nd 03, 10:18 AM
any ideas on the best route to take from Nice to Avignon? I am riding
from Chianti to Avignon...and while i got the skinny on the first
part, it's after Nice that i am clueless. Should i go through the
hills, or cut down to Marsielle, and up? I have only 6 days to do the
whole journey...i am hoping to use only 2-3 to get to Genova...eric
)

Jack Fortune
July 2nd 03, 01:43 PM
On 2 Jul 2003 02:18:26 -0700, (eric) wrote:
> any ideas on the best route to take from Nice to Avignon? I am riding
> from Chianti to Avignon...and while i got the skinny on the first
> part, it's after Nice that i am clueless. Should i go through the
> hills, or cut down to Marsielle, and up? I have only 6 days to do the
> whole journey...i am hoping to use only 2-3 to get to Genova...eric
> )

I would recommend going inland and avoiding the crowded coastal areas.

Something like Nice to Grasse. Draguignan, Aups, Manosque, Venasque (rent a room here in Les Ramparts),
Carpentras, Avignon. Get green Michelin maps (1:100,000 scale) and try to use the yellow and white roads.

Bon Voyage,

Jack Fortune

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home