PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding the Randonnee du Centenaire in Paris?

EDerner
July 4th 03, 06:47 PM
I sent the ride organizers two separate entry forms, but as yet have
not received any sort of confirmation. Do I just show up the day of
the ride and present my passport? I'm a bit flustered, as I reserved a
pair of bicycles for my wife and myself and was really counting on
making this a fitting finale to our TDF holiday.

Does anyone know anything about what's going on with this event?

E. Derner

RG
July 4th 03, 08:18 PM
"EDerner" > wrote in message
om...
> I sent the ride organizers two separate entry forms, but as yet have
> not received any sort of confirmation. Do I just show up the day of
> the ride and present my passport? I'm a bit flustered, as I reserved a
> pair of bicycles for my wife and myself and was really counting on
> making this a fitting finale to our TDF holiday.
>
> Does anyone know anything about what's going on with this event?
>
> E. Derner

Oui ! Yes, I'm riding in it - I sent my application off a while ago and got
confirmation in the mail today - you have to register for the ride (with the
form that came in the mail) on the Saturday 26 July.

If you want check whether you have a place you can call the TDF organisers
(they speak English) on + 33 141 331 500 (assuming that you are in N
America then the mail will probably take a little longer than to here in the
UK. They were helpful when I called them - they will tell you if you have
a place and, presumably, if you are already in France then they may arrange
for you to collect your entry at the registration point.

Rob in the UK

EDerner
July 5th 03, 06:05 AM
"RG" > wrote in message >...
> "EDerner" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I sent the ride organizers two separate entry forms, but as yet have
> > not received any sort of confirmation. Do I just show up the day of
> > the ride and present my passport? I'm a bit flustered, as I reserved a
> > pair of bicycles for my wife and myself and was really counting on
> > making this a fitting finale to our TDF holiday.
> >
> > Does anyone know anything about what's going on with this event?
> >
> > E. Derner
>
> Oui ! Yes, I'm riding in it - I sent my application off a while ago and got
> confirmation in the mail today - you have to register for the ride (with the
> form that came in the mail) on the Saturday 26 July.
>
> If you want check whether you have a place you can call the TDF organisers
> (they speak English) on + 33 141 331 500 (assuming that you are in N
> America then the mail will probably take a little longer than to here in the
> UK. They were helpful when I called them - they will tell you if you have
> a place and, presumably, if you are already in France then they may arrange
> for you to collect your entry at the registration point.
>
> Rob in the UK

Thank you for your input, Rob. I will try to reach them via telephone,
and who knows, perhaps we will see you on the streets of Paris in a
few weeks. Greetings from America, today is Independence Day.

Cheers,
Ethan Derner

Burr
July 5th 03, 03:50 PM

> Look forward to that - you'll spot me easily .... I'm tall and will be
> riding a silver bike ;-)
>
> Rob

Why don't you guys trade entry numbers then you'll know what/who to
look for

RG
July 5th 03, 07:29 PM
"Burr" > wrote in message

> > Look forward to that - you'll spot me easily .... I'm tall and will be
> > riding a silver bike ;-)
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Why don't you guys trade entry numbers then you'll know what/who to
> look for

If only it were that simple - there are no race numbers issued (remember,
it's the French we are dealing with here!)

Rob

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home