PDA

View Full Version : Re: San Sebastian rides

jacques
July 6th 03, 07:46 PM
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:18:02 +0000, EAH wrote:

> We will shortly be heading to San Sebastian for five days (in between
> watching the Tour). Does anyone have any suggestions for some nice,
> long interesting road rides heading out of San Sebastian? Thanks.

70 km west of SS is a small town at the seaside called Lekeitio. I passed
there a few years ago (by car !) and thought I'd like to go back one day.
It has a strange melancholic atmosphere with its wooden houses on the
harbour. It is the kind of place where you could want to disappear and not
be found.

As far as I remember, the road from SS is winding and continuously going
up/down, so as far as cycling is concerned it is probably strenuous. The
first km from SS to Zarautz are rather ugly but then it becomes much nicer
along the sea.

Jacques

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home