PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle Tour of Colorado - July, 2003

GaryG
November 7th 03, 06:01 PM
For the third year in a row, I participated in the Bicycle Tour of Colorado
(http://www.bicycletourcolo.com). This year's route featured a lot of high
altitude Front Range riding, including an optional trip to the top of Mt.
Evans (14,264 ft / 4,348 meters). Well supported, with around 1500
cyclists, this is a great week of riding and I'll be returning in '04 (the
route is different each year).

I've got a photo gallery of this ride posted at:
http://www.shastasoftware.com/BTC2003/BTC0017.htm

Enjoy!

--
~_-*
....G/ \G

Per Löwdin
November 7th 03, 07:29 PM
> I've got a photo gallery of this ride posted at:
> http://www.shastasoftware.com/BTC2003/BTC0017.htm

Great pix, brings nice memories of Colorado to the fore.

Incidentally, we were in Frisco when all you guys rode through.

Per
http://lowdin.nu

GaryG
November 7th 03, 07:46 PM
"Per Löwdin" > wrote in message

> > I've got a photo gallery of this ride posted at:
> > http://www.shastasoftware.com/BTC2003/BTC0017.htm
>
> Great pix, brings nice memories of Colorado to the fore.
>
> Incidentally, we were in Frisco when all you guys rode through.
>
> Per
> http://lowdin.nu

Thanks.

Small world, eh? Frisco was a nice little town. We stayed there on our
rest day, and I really enjoyed it - in part because I secured a hotel room,
so was able to sleep on a comfortable bed instead of in a tent for a couple
of nights :-).

--
~_-*
....G/ \G
http://www.CycliStats.com
CycliStats - Software for Cyclists

Per Löwdin
November 7th 03, 10:06 PM
> Small world, eh? Frisco was a nice little town.

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed it, was the only place we visited twice. There is
splendid singletrack in Frisco too.
http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado/Mountainbike_around_Frisco.html
Definitely, a place we would like to go back to.

>We stayed there on our
> rest day, and I really enjoyed it - in part because I secured a hotel
room,
> so was able to sleep on a comfortable bed instead of in a tent for a
couple
> of nights :-).

I know the feeling, we camped most of seven weeks but every now and then we
take a hotel room to have a good shower.

Per

GaryG
November 7th 03, 11:13 PM
"Per Löwdin" > wrote in message
> > Small world, eh? Frisco was a nice little town.
>

> Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed it, was the only place we visited twice. There
is
> splendid singletrack in Frisco too.
> http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado/Mountainbike_around_Frisco.html
> Definitely, a place we would like to go back to.

Cool pictures, Per. Perhaps I'll bring my mountain bike next time!

> >We stayed there on our
> > rest day, and I really enjoyed it - in part because I secured a hotel
> room,
> > so was able to sleep on a comfortable bed instead of in a tent for a
> couple
> > of nights :-).
>
> I know the feeling, we camped most of seven weeks but every now and then
we
> take a hotel room to have a good shower.
>

> Per

B.C. Cletta
November 8th 03, 03:44 AM
"GaryG" > wrote in message >...
> For the third year in a row, I participated in the Bicycle Tour of Colorado
> (http://www.bicycletourcolo.com). This year's route featured a lot of high
> altitude Front Range riding, including an optional trip to the top of Mt.
> Evans (14,264 ft / 4,348 meters). Well supported, with around 1500
> cyclists, this is a great week of riding and I'll be returning in '04 (the
> route is different each year).
>
> I've got a photo gallery of this ride posted at:
> http://www.shastasoftware.com/BTC2003/BTC0017.htm
>
> Enjoy!

so where are the CycliStats for the ride?

GaryG
November 8th 03, 05:21 AM
"B.C. Cletta" > wrote in message
om...
> "GaryG" > wrote in message
> > For the third year in a row, I participated in the Bicycle Tour of
Colorado
> > (http://www.bicycletourcolo.com). This year's route featured a lot of
high
> > altitude Front Range riding, including an optional trip to the top of
Mt.
> > Evans (14,264 ft / 4,348 meters). Well supported, with around 1500
> > cyclists, this is a great week of riding and I'll be returning in '04
(the
> > route is different each year).
> >
> > I've got a photo gallery of this ride posted at:
> > http://www.shastasoftware.com/BTC2003/BTC0017.htm
> >
> > Enjoy!
>
> so where are the CycliStats for the ride?

Here you go: http://www.shastasoftware.com/BTC2003/BTC2003RidesReport.htm

Note: this page was generated by CycliStats. It's part of the new "Export"
features I'll be releasing in version 2.0 (due out soon).

--
~_-*
....G/ \G
http://www.CycliStats.com
CycliStats - Software for Cyclists

Per Löwdin
November 8th 03, 10:02 AM
> Cool pictures, Per. Perhaps I'll bring my mountain bike next time!

Do, we had so much fun riding Colorado singletrack that we are really in
querry about where to go next year. Hard to find something more fun
http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/singletrack2000/SingleTrack2000.htm

Per

Per Löwdin
November 8th 03, 10:04 AM
> Do, we had so much fun riding Colorado singletrack that we are really in
> querry about where to go next year. Hard to find something more fun
Sorry, should have been http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/Colorado/Singletrack.htm
Per

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home