PDA

View Full Version : Re: 2004 bikes and fork travel

iddqdATworldonline.dk
July 28th 03, 08:15 PM
John wrote:
> Why are companies witching? I know manufacturers have switched to aluminium
> largely because of consumer demand. Is the same thing happening to fork
> travel?

Companies are making what they think the consumers want, so yes there is
a tendency for more bikes with longer travel suspensions.

How does the inceased travel affect bike handling?

Better control in rough terrain, the option to do bigger drops and more
bob if the suspension isn't adjusted proberly. Not only is suspension
offering more travel it's also being smarter and frame geometry is
becoming more advanced also. So in effect you get more travel for the
same money and same weight meaning more bikes that can be pedaled up and
hammered down:-)

> Anything else I
> should know?

There is variable suspension travel on a lot of forks and some shocks,
meaning it's possible to adjust a bike to the terrain ridden.

Kind regards

Bruno

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home