PDA

View Full Version : Re: Whats you heart rate

cyclist101
July 29th 03, 11:04 PM
Chris Garwood wrote:
> Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
> heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal

Mine is usually in low 40s, occasionally I'll check when I wake up in
the morning and it'll be just under 40. It's acceptable if your
cardiopulmonary system is fit (low resting heart rate is one
indication). Means your heart is working more efficiently than the
hearts of "normal" people (72 is about average). Keep up the good work.

Phil, Squid-in-Training
July 30th 03, 03:01 AM
"Chris Garwood" > wrote in message
> Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
> heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal

Do small folk have higher rates than big folk, all else being equal?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Paladin
July 30th 03, 04:58 AM
cyclist101 > wrote in message >...
> Chris Garwood wrote:
> > Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
> > heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal
>
> Mine is usually in low 40s, occasionally I'll check when I wake up in
> the morning and it'll be just under 40. It's acceptable if your
> cardiopulmonary system is fit (low resting heart rate is one
> indication). Means your heart is working more efficiently than the
> hearts of "normal" people (72 is about average). Keep up the good work.

I've got the same stats as nut.nut above. But recovery rate and VO2
max are also good indicators of cardio fitness. Low blood pressure is
generally a good thing, to.

Paladin

cyclist101
July 30th 03, 01:42 PM
cyclist101 wrote:
> Mine is usually in low 40s, occasionally I'll check when I wake up in
> the morning and it'll be just under 40. It's acceptable if your
> cardiopulmonary system is fit (low resting heart rate is one
> indication). Means your heart is working more efficiently than the
> hearts of "normal" people (72 is about average). Keep up the good work.

Correction. I meant cardioVASCULAR. Just finished reading an article on
incidence of pulmonary embolisms when I posted. Sorry. :-)

bomba
July 30th 03, 03:24 PM
cyclist101 wrote:

> The consistently lowest resting heart rate I'm aware of was tennis star
> Bjorn Borg's, which was reportedly 35 bpm. President Bush's is in the
> low 40s. Neither man is exactly "smaller folk," but just thought I'd
> throw it out.

Miguel Indurain had a resting hr of 26.

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

cyclist101
July 30th 03, 04:38 PM
bomba wrote:
> Miguel Indurain had a resting hr of 26.

I've seen several different rates for Indurain. From Lance's website:

Ever wondered what kind of numbers the boy can generate? Lance's coach,
Chris Carmichael sent us these key stats for LA:

Resting heart rate: 32-34
VO2ml/kg: 83.8
Max power at VO2: 600 watts
Max heart rate: 201
Lactate Threshold HR: 178
Time Trial HR: 188-192
Pedal rpm's during TT: 95-100
Climbing rpm's: 80-85, sometimes faster when attacking
Average HR during endurance rides (4-6 hrs): 124-128
Average watts during endurance rides: 245-280 watts
Training miles/hours, endurance rides: 5- 6 hrs / 100-130miles

http://www.lancearmstrong.com/faq.html

troyq
July 31st 03, 02:46 AM
Huw Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:45:24 +0100, Chris Garwood did issue forth:
> > Am sitting here doing a little surfing and am well amazed to see my
> > heart rate in the mid 50's .... what's yours ? is this normal
> Mine's often in the mid 50's myself.
> Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
> really bad.
> Huw "I've got a healthy hear........ *thunk*

"Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
really bad."

Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
from 60 down)...

Sorni
July 31st 03, 03:17 AM
"troyq" > wrote in message
> Huw Pritchard wrote:

> "Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
> really bad."
>
> Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
> many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
> from 60 down)...

Read it again, Comprehendo.

*SECOND* Time The Charm Bill

troyq
July 31st 03, 05:10 AM
Sorni wrote:
> "troyq" > wrote in message news:3f28799c-
> riot.net.au...
> > Huw Pritchard wrote:
> > "Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
> > really bad."
> >
> > Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
> > many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
> > from 60 down)...
> Read it again, Comprehendo.
> *SECOND* Time The Charm Bill

hmm... minute, second... almost the same... i'll just go sit in the
corner now.

Troy grateful that his h/r is greater than 1bpm, but not at this moment.

Sorni
July 31st 03, 06:46 AM
> > riot.net.au...

> > > Huw Pritchard wrote:
> > > "Anything that is less than 1 beat per minute is to be considered
> > > really bad."
> > >
> > > Huh? Where's your source for that? If it's true then there must be
> > > many fit people out there who are close to death (on a sliding scale
> > > from 60 down)...

> > Read it again, Comprehendo.
> > *SECOND* Time The Charm Bill

> hmm... minute, second... almost the same... i'll just go sit in the
> corner now.
>
> Troy grateful that his h/r is greater than 1bpm, but not at this moment.

How dare you take some kidding good-naturedly?!? Get the fvck outta here!!!

Some People Bill

Stephen Baker
July 31st 03, 01:08 PM
troyq says:

>hmm... minute, second... almost the same... i'll just go sit in the
>corner now.

Humility....... not that common in here. Interesting!

;-)

Steve "nicer than Sorni"

Sorni
July 31st 03, 03:54 PM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> troyq says:
>
> >hmm... minute, second... almost the same... i'll just go sit in the
> >corner now.
>
> Humility....... not that common in here. Interesting!
>
> ;-)
>
> Steve "nicer than Sorni"

ESAD.

Google