PDA

View Full Version : NC Mountains

.o0 0o.
March 15th 04, 02:57 PM
I started my riding life in Wilmington (read=flat). Now I live in Raleigh
(read=rolling hills) and love the hills. This summer I want to ride some
mountains. What are some good ones to start on and what are some of the
more difficult ascents? Also, I have a wife and two kids so not having to
drive far is a big bonus.

TIA

--
Heterosexual does NOT mean homophobic
White does NOT mean racist

To reply directly to me use DEODORANT

Marc Genberg
March 16th 04, 02:27 AM
Head on up to Boone and there some great riding there. There are a few bike shops in the area and they can get you hooked up with some good routes. One of my favorite is to head out from Blowing Rock and ride up to Grandfather Mountain

".o0 0o." > wrote in message ...
I started my riding life in Wilmington (read=flat). Now I live in Raleigh
(read=rolling hills) and love the hills. This summer I want to ride some
mountains. What are some good ones to start on and what are some of the
more difficult ascents? Also, I have a wife and two kids so not having to
drive far is a big bonus.

TIA

--
Heterosexual does NOT mean homophobic
White does NOT mean racist
Male does NOT mean sexist

To reply directly to me use DEODORANT

andrew smith
March 17th 04, 02:14 AM
"Marc Genberg" > wrote in message

I understand Asheville has a pretty large cycling community.

a.

Doug Huffman
March 17th 04, 12:09 PM
I thought that they were petite and drop-dead knockouts! No one who
bicycles long in the mountains of NC will be 'large' (if that means obese).

"andrew smith" > wrote in message
ink.net...
| "Marc Genberg" > wrote in message
|
| I understand Asheville has a pretty large cycling community.
|
| a.

andrew smith
March 18th 04, 12:21 AM
"Doug Huffman" > wrote in message
> I thought that they were petite and drop-dead knockouts! No one who
> bicycles long in the mountains of NC will be 'large' (if that means
obese).

> "andrew smith" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> | "Marc Genberg" > wrote in message
> |
> | I understand Asheville has a pretty large cycling community.

Correction: There are apparently a great many (per capita) cyclists in
Asheville.

a.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home