PDA

View Full Version : RR: "boring" "single"track

John Allison
July 30th 03, 03:36 AM
So this past weekend the homebrew club had a picnic/campout
at Heil Valley Ranch, which has a county trail, typical
sububran-accessible 3 ft wide "single"track used by hikers
and horses almost as much as mtbers.

Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed
out with 2 other club members. Spent alot of time waiting
on one guy gerbilling up what I middle-ringed, and I consider
myself a wuss. He was slow but not discouraged, but we
eventually got tired of waiting and starting yo-yoing from
checkpoints back down to our buddy. A decent lollipop really,
2.5mi up, 2.5mi loop, then 2.5mi back down, with a nice
scenic overlook onto the canyon in the middle of the loop.
Didn't stay long as we could see the rain and lightning moving
in < 1mi away. Ended up barely sprinkling on us.

So it was fun, and I finally got to ride with the other
cyclists in the club. We aired it out a bit on the downhill,
as most are wont to do, and I was feeling good. Getting
set up for one of the few switchbacks, this the widest of them,
next to a kinda neat old sandstone block house,
and waddya know there's a tree grabbing my handlebars.
AT-4s but still knocked me off. D'oh! that was stupid,
but all was okay esp we got back to camp for food, beer,
and mead. mmmm...beer

John

Craig Brossman
July 30th 03, 03:50 AM
John Allison wrote:
<snip nice!>
> and waddya know there's a tree grabbing my handlebars.
> AT-4s but still knocked me off. D'oh! that was stupid,
> but all was okay esp we got back to camp for food, beer,
> and mead. mmmm...beer
>
> John

Maybe that should now be called an "Armstrong", I have the rights :)
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

P e t e F a g e r l i n
July 30th 03, 04:17 AM
On 29 Jul 2003 20:36:45 -0600, (John Allison) wrote:

|So this past weekend the homebrew club had a picnic/campout
|at Heil Valley Ranch, which has a county trail, typical
|sububran-accessible 3 ft wide "single"track used by hikers
|and horses almost as much as mtbers.
|
|Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed
|out with 2 other club members.

Lame.

I just take bottles.

John Allison
July 30th 03, 06:35 PM
In article >,
P e t e F a g e r l i n > wrote:
>On 29 Jul 2003 20:36:45 -0600, (John Allison) wrote:
>|Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed
>|out with 2 other club members.
>
>Lame.
>
>I just take bottles.

No beer bottles around. All was kegs, a bit much for me to carry.
A 22oz does fit nicely in the cage, tho.
John

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home