PDA

View Full Version : looking for 2-3 day penn dutch loop

Phil Blumenkrantz
June 21st 04, 01:51 PM
Looking for ideas for 2-3 day (45-90) mile loop tour through Penn
Dutch Country. Looking to get off of the heavy-trafficked roads, but
don't want TOO many hills either. I basically need some back roads to
get from:
(1) Lancaster to Intercourse
(2) Intercourse northwest to Lilitz (could be through Terre Hill/New
Holland, if trhis doesn't involve too many excess miles
(3) back to Lancaster (ideally not on 501?)

I'd be doing during the week in October - how crowded is 340/23/322?
It seeks the tour route listings that I have either do a grand loop
through all of the obvious places, sticking to the main roads, or a
loop from Intercourse to Bowmansville and return, or just a lot of
jaunts out and about.
Open to other suggestions. Not interested in Strasburg area
particularly.
I do have access to the rides on the Lancaster Bicycle Club site, so
you could reference any of these. The trick is to put these together.

Craig Brossman
June 21st 04, 02:43 PM
Phil Blumenkrantz wrote:

> Looking for ideas for 2-3 day (45-90) mile loop tour through Penn
> Dutch Country. Looking to get off of the heavy-trafficked roads, but
> don't want TOO many hills either. I basically need some back roads to
> get from:
> (1) Lancaster to Intercourse
> (2) Intercourse northwest to Lilitz (could be through Terre Hill/New
> Holland, if trhis doesn't involve too many excess miles
> (3) back to Lancaster (ideally not on 501?)
>
> I'd be doing during the week in October - how crowded is 340/23/322?
> It seeks the tour route listings that I have either do a grand loop
> through all of the obvious places, sticking to the main roads, or a
> loop from Intercourse to Bowmansville and return, or just a lot of
> jaunts out and about.
> Open to other suggestions. Not interested in Strasburg area
> particularly.
> I do have access to the rides on the Lancaster Bicycle Club site, so
> you could reference any of these. The trick is to put these together.

This might help to http://www.berksbicycle.com/OtherEvents.html
Also Amish country.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Roy Zipris
June 21st 04, 08:06 PM
> Phil Blumenkrantz wrote:
> > Looking for ideas for 2-3 day (45-90) mile loop tour through Penn
> > Dutch Country.

I can fax you the cue sheet from the 51 mile Pedal to Preserve ride,
out of Garden Spot High School, New Holland, to Warwick, Lititz and
points thereabouts, that I did on Saturday. The event was run by the
Lancaster Farmland Trust to raise funds for preserving farmland in the
county; see the Trust's web site at
http://www.savelancasterfarms.org/savelanc/cwp/view.asp?a=3&q=555327.
Some nice scenery, horse-drawn buggies, Amish on their bikes, not too
much traffic.
--Roy Zipris

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home