PDA

View Full Version : Rides/Routes in Port Aransas, TX?

Greg Jones
July 8th 04, 04:20 AM
Hello,

This is a shot in the dark but anyone know a decent road bike route
around Port Aransas, TX? I will be there for a few days with family so
I will definately need some "me" time.

Looks like 361 would be nice since it follows the coast but is it safe
for road bikes? Is some crazy fisherman going to run me off the road?
:-D

Thanks!!

Phil Blumenkrantz
July 10th 04, 05:49 PM
361 is a great route, particularly once you get out to the peninsula.
You can ride all the way to Mustang Island State Park. As I recall,
there's a substantial shoulder, or if not, traffic wasn't that
significant. Beautiful country. Don't take 35 north - not worth the
effort. You might also want to consider driving (or biking if you are
intrepid) to south of Corpus and then taking Texas 43 or 70 east to
King Ranch - it's worth a visit. Maybe 43 out and 70 back so as to not
have to see the same scenery. You are more likely to be eaten alive by
the mosquitos than any fishermen. They bit through my windbreaker.

Phil

(Greg Jones) wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> This is a shot in the dark but anyone know a decent road bike route
> around Port Aransas, TX? I will be there for a few days with family so
> I will definately need some "me" time.
>
> Looks like 361 would be nice since it follows the coast but is it safe
> for road bikes? Is some crazy fisherman going to run me off the road?
> :-D
>
> Thanks!!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home