PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta through South Carolina into Raleigh

Belda
July 16th 04, 07:32 PM
Hi guys,
I'm trying to find the best route from Atlanta to Raleigh, trying
to avoid interstates. Does anyone have suggestions? I was told that
278 to 176 would be the best way to get to Atlanta (I'm coming from
Memphis), but 176 does not lead directly to the city, forcing me to
switch onto 120. Is 120 a good road for bicycles? Also, I'm trying to
find a route from Atlanta to Raleigh (the next city we must stop at).
I was wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions on the best way
to get to/through South Carolina if I'm heading towards Raleigh. Also,
does anyone know if any roads in Georgia prohibit bicycles? Thanks!

Elwood Blues
July 17th 04, 06:29 AM
This will be very helpful

Georgia Bicycle Highway Map - includes cue sheets

http://www.dot.state.ga.us/dot/plan-prog/planning/projects/bicycle/maps/index.shtml

South Carolina Bicycle Map - includes cue sheets

http://www.sctrails.net/trails/ALLTRAILS/Bikeguide/biking.html

North Carolina Bicycle Map - does not include cue sheet online but you
can get printed copies from the state for free

http://www.doh.dot.state.nc.us/preconstruct/traffic/safety/test/bicycle_routes.htm

You can order the NC maps for free here.
http://www.ncdot.org/transit/bicycle/maps/maps_highways.html

Any other questions about SC roads, I can help with.

--
Elwood Blues

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home