PDA

View Full Version : Oh - the shame......

Stephen Baker
August 2nd 03, 07:00 PM
I hate to have to admit this, but Glone and I went wrong somewhere with the
last kid.
He just went and bought himself a _road_ bike. <sob>

Actually, it was a great deal, and I 'm hoping he will leave it behind when he
goes back to school. ;-P

Steve hangs head in shame...

Huw Pritchard
August 2nd 03, 08:41 PM
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:00:28 +0000, Stephen Baker did issue forth:

> I hate to have to admit this, but Glone and I went wrong somewhere with
> the last kid.
> He just went and bought himself a _road_ bike. <sob>
>
> Actually, it was a great deal, and I 'm hoping he will leave it behind
> when he goes back to school. ;-P
>
> Steve hangs head in shame...

Make sure you check his pockets when he gets in. He'll be buying Immac
next.

Huw "The stubble's not quite so bad that way" Pritchard

Sorni
August 3rd 03, 12:26 AM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message
> I hate to have to admit this, but Glone and I went wrong somewhere with
the
> last kid.
> He just went and bought himself a _road_ bike. <sob>

I just got back from a "serious" road ride up Palomar Mountain with some
other guys who go both ways. Did I post a pic of my new baby?
(http://www.kleinbikes.com/bicycles/bikes.asp?p=1022) Hell, I'm old (like
you, SB ;-), so if I wanna "experiment" a little and it doesn't hurt anyone,
then what the hell...

> Actually, it was a great deal, and I 'm hoping he will leave it behind
when he
> goes back to school. ;-P

Hide it somewhere the night before he takes off.

Never-ending sentence Bill ("Sorni's icing sore knees...icing Sorni's icing
sore knees...icing Sorni's..." you get idea.)

Stephen Baker
August 3rd 03, 02:29 AM
Sorni says:

> Did I post a pic of my new baby?
>(http://www.kleinbikes.com/bicycles/bikes.asp?p=1022)

Pimp!

>so if I wanna "experiment" a little and it doesn't hurt anyone,
>then what the hell...

That sounds close to blasphemy from where I'm sitting. ;-)

Actually, he got a nice bike (Spec Allez) for a really good price. I would
have bought a new steed, but they had no SSes and no cross bikes. I wouldn't
mind a road bike for the island, but it's nice to hit what little dirt we have,
and a cross would be perfect. A SS would be interesting, but I'm going to try
to borrow one first for a week or so.

Next time. Money is still in the bank.

Steve

Stephen Baker
August 3rd 03, 09:58 PM
crazy says:

>Where is he pedaling his ass off Rhode Island?

Jamestown, right now.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home