PDA

View Full Version : Shelby, MI trails?

August 5th 03, 08:10 PM
Going to a wedding near here. It's been 20 years since I've been in that direct
area, so I imagine that the amount of sand hasn't changed. Any mtb trails?

Would I be better off bringing my road slicks and riding to the blueberry patches?

--
J'm Sm'th
To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes

...-.-

KLydesdale
August 6th 03, 01:52 AM
> wrote in message
> Going to a wedding near here. It's been 20 years since I've been in that
direct
> area, so I imagine that the amount of sand hasn't changed. Any mtb
trails?

> Would I be better off bringing my road slicks and riding to the blueberry
patches?

If you mean the Shelby which is a northern suburb of Detroit, check out the
MTB trails in Stoney Creek Metropark at 26 mile and Shelby Road. The MMBA
has been working with the park to develop the singletrack there and there's
some fun stuff there. The singletrack is mixed in with the XC ski trails and
can be accessed from the West Branch picnic area, parking lot B.

There's also Addison Oaks and Bald Mountain not too far away. But for the
cost of a 45 minute ride west out on M-59, you could be at one of the better
trails in Metro Detroit: Pontiac Lake. Another 10 miles past puts you at
another: Highland.

The MMBA website www.mmba.org has info on these trails so does
www.trail-edge.com.

Let me know when you're going to be in the area if you want someone to ride
with.

Keith L.

August 6th 03, 06:15 PM
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:52:58 -0400, "KLydesdale" >
wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > Going to a wedding near here. It's been 20 years since I've been in that
> direct
> > area, so I imagine that the amount of sand hasn't changed. Any mtb
> trails?
> >
> > Would I be better off bringing my road slicks and riding to the blueberry
> patches?
>

> If you mean the Shelby which is a northern suburb of Detroit, check out the
> MTB trails in Stoney Creek Metropark at 26 mile and Shelby Road. The MMBA
> has been working with the park to develop the singletrack there and there's
> some fun stuff there. The singletrack is mixed in with the XC ski trails and
> can be accessed from the West Branch picnic area, parking lot B.

Actually, the Shelby that is about 30 miles north of Muskegan.

> There's also Addison Oaks and Bald Mountain not too far away. But for the
> cost of a 45 minute ride west out on M-59, you could be at one of the better
> trails in Metro Detroit: Pontiac Lake. Another 10 miles past puts you at
> another: Highland.
>
> The MMBA website www.mmba.org has info on these trails so does
> www.trail-edge.com.

I'll check those two places out, anyway.

> Let me know when you're going to be in the area if you want someone to ride
> with.

At this point, I don't know if I'll be able to take a bike along, just planning
ahead.

--
J'm Sm'th
To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes