PDA

View Full Version : Lockout rear susp still moves, what gives?

Destroy
August 6th 03, 02:35 AM
I've got a TALAS rear Fox shock with lockout on it (Liquid 10 bike).

Thing is, when I flip the switch to lockout position the susp still
moves a bit. If I really jump on it, it'll move quite a bit.

Granted, its very very stiff and hard to push down but the shock is
truly not "locked out" or solid.

Is this normal or is my shock bad already?

thanks

Bill Wheeler
August 6th 03, 03:28 AM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:35:26 GMT, Destroy > wrote:

>TALAS + Fox shock + lockout + (Liquid 10 bike) = Bvllsh!t.

"What gives?" you ask, humph well I'll tell you what gives.

Dumb ass people giving their hard earn dollars to the hype machine so
they can post dumb ass sh!t like you just did.

That's what gives.

Peace,
Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]

Michael Dart
August 6th 03, 03:44 AM
"Destroy" > wrote in message
> I've got a TALAS rear Fox shock with lockout on it (Liquid 10 bike).
>
> Thing is, when I flip the switch to lockout position the susp still
> moves a bit. If I really jump on it, it'll move quite a bit.
>
> Granted, its very very stiff and hard to push down but the shock is
> truly not "locked out" or solid.
>
> Is this normal or is my shock bad already?
>
> thanks

I think there is a 'blow off' circuit to prevent the shock from being
damaged by taking a hit while locked out. You may be activating it. Give
Fox a call to see for sure. www.foxracingshox.com .

Oh and ignore that Wheeler guy, he fell off his bike and landed on his head.

Mike

Cameron
August 6th 03, 04:11 AM
"Bill Wheeler" > wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:35:26 GMT, Destroy > wrote:
>
> >TALAS + Fox shock + lockout + (Liquid 10 bike) = Bvllsh!t.
>
> "What gives?" you ask, humph well I'll tell you what gives.
>
> Dumb ass people giving their hard earn dollars to the hype machine so
> they can post dumb ass sh!t like you just did.
>

> That's what gives.
>
> Peace,
> Bill

Just out of curiosity, why do you consistently reply to FS questions?
They never have any relevance. I think your lure broke off long ago... :-)

--
Cameron

Bill Wheeler
August 8th 03, 02:32 AM
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 03:11:50 GMT, "Cameron"
> wrote:

[snip]
>Just out of curiosity, why do you consistently reply to FS questions?
>They never have any relevance. I think your lure broke off long ago... :-)

Good question.

My answer is this:
I gotta stick to my shtick, it's part of me that I can't part with.

Peace,
Bill(SS forever)Wheeler

Sorry Cam, I meant to reply to the post and not to your e-mail
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]

Slacker
August 8th 03, 03:00 AM
> >Just out of curiosity, why do you consistently reply to FS questions?
> >They never have any relevance. I think your lure broke off long ago...
:-)

> Good question.
>
> My answer is this:
> I gotta stick to my shtick, it's part of me that I can't part with.
>
> Bill Wheeler

Why don't you just do what most normal people do, visit the toilet to "part
with it."
--
Slacker

Cameron
August 8th 03, 04:49 AM
"Bill Wheeler" > wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 03:11:50 GMT, "Cameron"
> > wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >Just out of curiosity, why do you consistently reply to FS questions?
> >They never have any relevance. I think your lure broke off long ago... :-)
>
> Good question.
>
> My answer is this:
> I gotta stick to my shtick, it's part of me that I can't part with.

Hey, if it works for ya, go with it. I am riding a 9 speed with two rings.
Yet I have very fond memories when I was on a BMX doing freestyle
as a teenager. Even managed to pull off a CherryPicker once.

> Peace,
> Bill(SS forever)Wheeler
>
> Sorry Cam, I meant to reply to the post and not to your e-mail

Now you have me confused. What email are you refering to? I checked
my sentbox....

--
Cameron

bomba
August 8th 03, 10:05 AM
Cameron wrote:

> Hey, if it works for ya, go with it. I am riding a 9 speed with two rings.
> Yet I have very fond memories when I was on a BMX doing freestyle

I too, have fond memories of riding freestyle on my bmx. Why, it only
seems like yesterday...

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

GigaNews
August 8th 03, 06:47 PM
Last straw. PLONK!

"Bill Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:35:26 GMT, Destroy > wrote:
>
> >TALAS + Fox shock + lockout + (Liquid 10 bike) = Bvllsh!t.
>
> "What gives?" you ask, humph well I'll tell you what gives.
>
> Dumb ass people giving their hard earn dollars to the hype machine so
> they can post dumb ass sh!t like you just did.
>

> That's what gives.
>
> Peace,
> Bill
>
> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
> than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
> an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

Stephen Baker
August 8th 03, 09:30 PM
GigaNews top-posts in reply to Bill Wheeler::

>Last straw. PLONK!

I'll see that PLONK and raise you a PLINK (for a lightweight)!

Cameron
August 9th 03, 01:34 AM
"bomba" > wrote in message ...
> Cameron wrote:
>
> > Hey, if it works for ya, go with it. I am riding a 9 speed with two rings.
> > Yet I have very fond memories when I was on a BMX doing freestyle
>

> I too, have fond memories of riding freestyle on my bmx. Why, it only
> seems like yesterday...

It feels like only 16 years ago to me.

--
Cameron

Stephen Baker
August 9th 03, 03:15 AM
Cameron says:

>> I too, have fond memories of riding freestyle on my bmx. Why, it only
>> seems like yesterday...
>>

>It feels like only 16 years ago to me.

Kids!

BMX-s weren't invented until after I had had my own kids. ;-)

Steve feeling older by the day.... (wonder why?)

Stephen Baker
August 9th 03, 04:45 PM
bomba says:

>Holy crap! You invented bmx as well as mountain biking?! ;~p

LOL! Beat me to it.

JD, I had my first kid in '79. Dunno whern BMX was "invented" but do not
remember seeing anything like one until we moved to the States in '84.

Steve OK, OK, I _know_, it wasn't me that had the kid, it was the wife........

bomba
August 9th 03, 06:26 PM
Stephen Baker wrote:

>>Holy crap! You invented bmx as well as mountain biking?! ;~p
>

> LOL! Beat me to it.
>
> JD, I had my first kid in '79. Dunno whern BMX was "invented" but do not
> remember seeing anything like one until we moved to the States in '84.

BMX kicked off in the early 70's and started to get organised around '75
with race series and the like. In 1977, BMX Action magazine was launched.

There's not an official start date, but it was all kids like JD with
bikes modded to look like MX bikes that kicked it off. I hear JD was
the very first though...

Cameron
August 9th 03, 10:08 PM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message ...
> Cameron says:
>
> >> I too, have fond memories of riding freestyle on my bmx. Why, it only
> >> seems like yesterday...
> >>

> >It feels like only 16 years ago to me.
>

> Kids!

32 years old may make me a kid, but at least I'm not a grumpy old fart with
one foot in the grave. :-)

--
Cameron

Cameron
August 10th 03, 12:58 AM
"Stephen Baker" > wrote in message ...
> Cameron says:
>

> >32 years old may make me a kid,
>
> True, true.....
>
> > but at least I'm not a grumpy old fart with
> >one foot in the grave. :-)
>
> I'm with you on that one.
> At least, I don't _think_ that's grave my foot is in....

Ahem. That would be "a grave". And considering your rapidly
developing dementia, how would you even know?

--
Cameron

Stephen Baker
August 10th 03, 02:42 AM
Cameron spouts:

>Ahem.

Yes?

>That would be "a grave".

No - that would be "gravy", I was washing up supper dishes at the time.... ;-)

>And considering your rapidly
>developing dementia, how would you even know?

Know what? WTF is this, the Inquisition?

I know, I know, NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition.....

Dementia my foot. Where was my foot? Oh, yeah, in the gravy. Gotta remember
not to spill......

Fsckin' kids.

;-)

Stephen Baker
August 10th 03, 01:19 PM
Cameron "I can't remember what we were arguing about so I'll make something new
up" says:

>Don't mess with a guy that know's how to cut and paste.

Heheh! I know how to cut and paste, and I _also_ know how to spell........

>Thank you for never inviting me to dinner

You're more than welcome ;-)

>Wrong. Those in Spain knew.

They may have known, but they still didn't expect it.

>So that's what happened to your shirt...

Yup!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home