PDA

View Full Version : RR: A.M-B UK Snowdon Ride (dead short as usual):

Shaun Rimmer
October 7th 03, 02:29 PM
Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so, here
goes:

We all (Spademan, Bomba, Dave and his son Theo, these last pair, I hadn't
met before Friday - damned good guys), met up on the carpark above the
Mountain Railway station in Llanberis. We said our hi's, got our bikes and
gear sorted, and supposedly headed up toward this mountain Called Snowdon. I
say 'supposedly' 'cos I had to take folk's word for it - I couldn't see a
freaking mountain anywhere, unless a mountain is a hill with all white
fluffy stuff stuck to the top of it.

Theo, well, he's full of a cold and coughing his lungs up, and me, well,
I've still got a bad chest cold making me do the same, the recovery of which
is undoubtedly being hampered by the fact I'm a dirt-lousy
smoker........ahem....(getting me excuses out the way early!) Oh, and on top
of this, Theo's rig has got big gears only (44 tooth? front ring)..........

Spadey says to us we're starting off on this bit of road, not too steep,
nice warm up for the main climb. Bollox, the Fcuking cnut was lying, it was
as near vertical as it could get without being a wall. So, anyhow, we huffed
and puffed our way up, one or two walking a bit because they didn't have the
gears, but eventually, we got to the trail.

It seemed to start off fairly sane, and we trundled along over the damp
rocks and stuff. Soon enough it gets steeper, and steeper, we were all doing
OK, some much better that others, for all our different reasons. My tyres
were awesome, and had me clearing stuff my lack of fitness and 'skillz' gave
me no right to clear. Nice and rocky. Big rocks, little rocks, medium rocks,
gravel - all **** like that. Spadey and Bomba showed off a few of their
trials-ie type skills by stopping still with feet on pedals and not falling
over. They weren't even holding onto a wall or anything. Kewl.

Some of us took pictures and stuff at various points during the ride, which
I believe Bomba will be uploading and posting as soon as he gets time/pulls
his fcuking finger out.

Right, so, we've been climbing up this steep trail for what seems like
forever, sometimes pushing, sometimes pedalling. On some of the harder,
steeper bits, I'm indulging in very short spurts of energy, busting some
way-rad moves 'dudez' (ploughing frantically up and over steep rough stuff,
spinning like a hamster on coke, body English-yada-yada-yada), before
getting off and collapsing over the bike, coughing, spluttering and
breathless, and resuming the pushathon. Dave and me are pottering along for
quite a way, having a chat and a laugh about this and that, like how it's
such a small Usenet (Eh Dave?!? Heheheheh).

I had a sudden sympathy for asthmatics.

Theo seems to be fairing somewhat better with his lungs, but his gearing
situation is taking it's toll, it's really too damned steep and 'gnarly' to
stand and mash such a big gear. Bomba's low gear is also not as low as some
of ours, him having an 11-28 tooth cassette, but he's doing OK in spite of
it, the cocky *******. Dunno what the Spadey's set-up is, but he was rocking
too. Yeah, anyhow, already physically wiped out, I look at my speedo thingy,
and it says we've done about 2 miles - **** ;-(

We continued on up, squished a few hikers while saying our cheery 'hello's!'
and smiling, when we round this corner under a bridge, and someone (I
couldn't see too clearly by this point, what, with the clouds all around us
and the double vision...) points out that there is a giant seagull perched
on the ledge, right near The Corner of Death. We wave at the seagull, but it
ignores us and looks away. It was a roadie seagull.

Right here, the trail gets _proper_ steep, I mean, steeper than Harrods
prices, and sooner or later, we're all off the bikes and carrying
them........slowly.............Anyhow, pretty quickly (yeah, right) we're
sorta cresting the ridge and are now totally exposed to the weather. The
wind is hammering at us, and I watch the clouds blow fast past our feet, and
knees, and heads (etc.). I think the others are getting cold - me, I'm still
warm enough, apart from my fingers, which I can't feel anymore, apart from
the pain......yeah, so, riding along this ridge, and the wind keeps trying
to make me go off trail, but I didn't, not being in the mood nor being
equipped for, for a free-fall. This is fun, because it's a lot more level
now, and there are a few nice rocky moves to negotiate - we all giggle like
schoolgirls at how much fun this is - 'giggle giggle giggle' - just like
that.

We're near the very top now, and head towards the upper train station, where
there is a nice warm bar and café, with beer and everything, but the fcuker
is closed, what, with the trains not running, because of the bad
weather......******s...... We huddle at the back of the building for a
while, chit-chat about this and that, try and get our extremities to come
back to life, I'm panting and coughing over and over and still can't get my
breath, but somehow I manage to put my coat on anyway, and roll a
cigarette - seems I have some skillz after all.

Bomba, Spadey and meself head off up to the summit point just above leaving
Dave and Theo at the café just below, we snap a few photies and head back
down to the trail. Theo has gone on ahead, 'cos he was frozzed. Anyhow,
pretty soon, we are descending in Earnest. Earnest being the name of the
local Mountain Rescue helicopter.

Only kidding!

Now, although the cloud is lifting a bit, it's still bloody cold and windy,
and I have a few near endos because I can't feel half of my hands,
especially the half I'm trying to control my brakes with, but this is all
good fun! Dave is at back of me, and the others somewhere in front (still
can't see a damned thing). Eventually, we come to the steep bit that was
just after The Corner of Death on the way up, but is now just before it -
wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! This is fun! Luckily, as we come down this fast stretch,
we drop below the cloud line, so we can see that we need to slow down and
turn, and The Corner of Death becomes more of a Corner of Mild Surprise.

We stop under the bridge and gather together - still no sign of Theo, as
he's flown off in front, being a bit of a gravity freak and all that, as
well as dying to get somewhere warm. Spadey sets off and drops off a water
bar, all smooth like, so I follow him in a more ungainly fashion, and soon,
we're all off and flying, bouncing over the rocks and stuff, generally
having a ball. Hell fire, Spadey and Bomba are quick, very bloody quick -
this ground is rough as hell with a hangover, and they just soak it all up!
******s.

I'm doing OK now, for me, apart from on some of the really steep, rocky
sections where my nervousness and lack of 'skillz' see me slowing right
down, where my forearms then take a real beating - I have to stop to ease
their fatigue several times on the way down, because it really was rather
difficult to steer while they were sleeping.

Bomba's right hand grip comes off, and I see Spadey is trying to give him
one of his bar plugs to help, but it won't fit. So, I take one of mine off,
and he fits that. I try the other, but it won't budge - Bomba says he's
alright, the left grip isn't loose.

Off we go again, zooming, bouncing, launching, carving, dropping and having
fun. I see Bomba move quick to the left in front of me and sorta lean on
some grass and rocks or something as I fly past, slowly. Seems his other
grip came off. I catch up with Spadey and wait. We're waiting for ages, when
Dave comes along, and tells us Bomba got a puncture. Now, we all know Bomba
doesn't get pinch flats, because he inflates his tyres to 50 psi, so this
wasn't a pinch flat, although it happened in just the same way. He gets it
fixed and catches us up, while Spadey and meself are bashing away at getting
my other bar plug out, which we do eventually, and fit to Bomba's bars -
he's a happy bunny again.

More fun and frolics, and we finally catch up with Theo, at the side of the
trail, bike upside down, tube in hand. We fix him up, and proceed downward
in our jolly manner. The sun is shining, BTW. Somewhere at least. I reckon.
Odds-on and all that.

So, we're now about at the end of the trail, then actually at the end of it
(funny how that happens), and onto the road again. A bit of road ripping
descending, and we're back at the carpark, all intact, no major mechanicals,
totally fooked (well I know I was).

We did about 3200 (+) feet of climbing in around 4 1/2 miles, and
coincidentally about 3200 (+) feet of descending in around 4 1/2 miles. I
think that qualifies as reasonably steep. I can't speak for the others, but
that was the damned toughest 8-9 miles I've ever done, by a long shot. I
really enjoyed myself, as I'm sure all did, and I would have even more, if I
hadn't been gasping for air all the way - smoking's not only bad on its own,
but it wreaks havoc with chest infections.
(Yes, it's on my list, so don't bother ',;~}~ ).

I'd recommend that ride to anyone brain dead with fcuk-all common sense - it
really was fantastic. Oh, and for anyone with an ounce of skill, it's
definitely all rideable. We reckoned ol' Jock Duff could ride all the way up
and down that trail on a rigid singlespeed balloon tyred beach cruiser.

Dave, Theo - good to meet you guys! Spadey, Bomba - good to get together
again! See you all again sometime soon, eh?

Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to seeing
you both again on the next one!

Take care!

Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~

Dave
October 7th 03, 09:34 PM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so, here
> goes:

<small snip - ouch!!>

> Dave, Theo - good to meet you guys! Spadey, Bomba - good to get together
> again! See you all again sometime soon, eh?
>
> Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to seeing
> you both again on the next one!
>
> Take care!
>
> Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~

Does it for me Shaun, missed out the bit about catching the old venicular up
and down though ;-)
I certainly think it's got to be the biggest ride in England / Wales ...
But for me, the best bit was the company 8-D (aahhh, bless 'em!!)
Still gotta clean the bike (right!).
Theo then went on to spend 3 hours at a BMX park when we got home, bloody
kids!!
Take care y'all and see you again, hopefully. I will get Theo geared up
reasonably for it next time (probably)
Cheers,
Dave.
p.s., excellent RR by the way.
pps - it is a small usenet ;-) heheheheheh

bomba
October 7th 03, 09:38 PM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Some of us took pictures and stuff at various points during the ride, which
> I believe Bomba will be uploading and posting as soon as he gets time/pulls
> his fcuking finger out.

Cheeky get! I only got back two hours ago. Still, I'm nothing if not
good to you: http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/

Should have Spadey's pics up tomorrow.

> Right, so, we've been climbing up this steep trail for what seems like
> forever, sometimes pushing, sometimes pedalling. On some of the harder,
> steeper bits, I'm indulging in very short spurts of energy, busting some
> way-rad moves 'dudez' (ploughing frantically up and over steep rough stuff,
> spinning like a hamster on coke, body English-yada-yada-yada), before
> getting off and collapsing over the bike, coughing, spluttering and
> breathless, and resuming the pushathon. Dave and me are pottering along for
> quite a way, having a chat and a laugh about this and that, like how it's
> such a small Usenet (Eh Dave?!? Heheheheh).
>
> I had a sudden sympathy for asthmatics.

The asthmatic in the group didn't seem to be having anywhere near the
problems you were having...

> Right here, the trail gets _proper_ steep, I mean, steeper than Harrods
> prices, and sooner or later, we're all off the bikes and carrying
> them........slowly.............Anyhow, pretty quickly (yeah, right) we're
> sorta cresting the ridge and are now totally exposed to the weather. The
> wind is hammering at us, and I watch the clouds blow fast past our feet, and
> knees, and heads (etc.). I think the others are getting cold - me, I'm still
> warm enough,

http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/18.jpg
When this picture was taken, it must have been pretty near 0 deg C with
wind chill. The ramblers in wooly hats and Gore-Tex were absolutely
freaked to find some nutter at the top of Snowdon in October in a vest
(that's an English vest) and shorts.

> We're near the very top now, and head towards the upper train station, where
> there is a nice warm bar and café, with beer and everything, but the fcuker
> is closed, what, with the trains not running, because of the bad
> weather......******s...... We huddle at the back of the building for a
> while, chit-chat about this and that, try and get our extremities to come
> back to life, I'm panting and coughing over and over and still can't get my
> breath, but somehow I manage to put my coat on anyway, and roll a
> cigarette - seems I have some skillz after all.

Mr Health himself:
http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/19.jpg
http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/20.jpg

Doesn't he look happy?

http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/21.jpg
http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/22.jpg

http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/27.jpg

> We stop under the bridge and gather together - still no sign of Theo, as
> he's flown off in front, being a bit of a gravity freak and all that, as
> well as dying to get somewhere warm. Spadey sets off and drops off a water
> bar, all smooth like, so I follow him in a more ungainly fashion, and soon,
> we're all off and flying, bouncing over the rocks and stuff, generally
> having a ball. Hell fire, Spadey and Bomba are quick, very bloody quick -
> this ground is rough as hell with a hangover, and they just soak it all up!
> ******s.

http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/28.jpg
http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/29.jpg - Spadey
http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/30.jpg - Shaun
http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/31.jpg - Dave

The last picture shows Dave after he's just jumped off the water bar and
about 1/2 a second before he crashed :)

> Off we go again, zooming, bouncing, launching, carving, dropping and having
> fun. I see Bomba move quick to the left in front of me and sorta lean on
> some grass and rocks or something as I fly past, slowly. Seems his other
> grip came off. I catch up with Spadey and wait. We're waiting for ages, when
> Dave comes along, and tells us Bomba got a puncture. Now, we all know Bomba
> doesn't get pinch flats, because he inflates his tyres to 50 psi, so this
> wasn't a pinch flat, although it happened in just the same way.

I was running them at 55psi+ on Friday and I got my first pinch flat in
years. Huge holes in the tube...

> We did about 3200 (+) feet of climbing in around 4 1/2 miles, and
> coincidentally about 3200 (+) feet of descending in around 4 1/2 miles. I
> think that qualifies as reasonably steep. I can't speak for the others, but
> that was the damned toughest 8-9 miles I've ever done, by a long shot.

I've had rides that are tougher on the lungs and legs, but for technical
uphill it was very tough.

> really enjoyed myself, as I'm sure all did, and I would have even more, if I
> hadn't been gasping for air all the way - smoking's not only bad on its own,
> but it wreaks havoc with chest infections.
> (Yes, it's on my list, so don't bother ',;~}~ ).

Gonna give up already?

> I'd recommend that ride to anyone brain dead with fcuk-all common sense - it
> really was fantastic. Oh, and for anyone with an ounce of skill, it's
> definitely all rideable.

Hmm, I think most of it's rideable, but there are some parts that need
to be hiked.

Same again next year?

MattB
October 7th 03, 10:08 PM
"bomba" > wrote in message
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:

<snip>
> Mr Health himself:
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/19.jpg
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/20.jpg
>
> Doesn't he look happy?

Ha ha! That's a great shot. Looks to be having a blast!

> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/27.jpg

Beautiful country, when you can see it.

Sounded like a good adventure despite the charm of British weather, which
looked damn miserable (like Shaun in the photos above).

Matt

Dave
October 7th 03, 10:20 PM
"MattB" > wrote in message
> "bomba" > wrote in message
> > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> > Mr Health himself:
> > http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/19.jpg
> > http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/20.jpg
> >
> > Doesn't he look happy?
> >

> Ha ha! That's a great shot. Looks to be having a blast!
>

> > http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/27.jpg
> >

> Beautiful country, when you can see it.
>
> Sounded like a good adventure despite the charm of British weather, which
> looked damn miserable (like Shaun in the photos above).
>
> Matt

Yeah, but (typically!!) it was gorgeous for both the drive out and back!!!

gabrielle
October 8th 03, 12:40 AM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 06:29:25 -0700, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> - I couldn't see a freaking mountain anywhere, unless a mountain is a
> hill with all white fluffy stuff stuck to the top of it.

To be a proper mountain it must have erupted within the past 500 or os
years. ;D

>Yeah, anyhow, already physically wiped out, I
> look at my speedo thingy, and it says we've done about 2 miles - ****
> ;-(

Ain't that a hoot!

> We wave at
> the seagull, but it ignores us and looks away. It was a roadie seagull.

Hee hee.

Nice RR Shaun.

gabrielle

Sorni
October 8th 03, 01:07 AM
"bomba" > wrote in message

> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/18.jpg

"Unfortunately, after the sex-change operation Olive Oyl became hopelessly
addicted to crack."

Cameron
October 8th 03, 01:52 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...
> Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so, here
> goes:
> snip<

> We're near the very top now, and head towards the upper train station, where
> there is a nice warm bar and café, with beer and everything, but the fcuker
> is closed, what, with the trains not running, because of the bad
> weather......******s...... We huddle at the back of the building for a
> while, chit-chat about this and that, try and get our extremities to come
> back to life, I'm panting and coughing over and over and still can't get my
> breath, but somehow I manage to put my coat on anyway, and roll a
> cigarette - seems I have some skillz after all.

Hehe, you look like you're laying an egg in those pics. Heeheehee!

How the fork did you manage to roll one in that weather? As soon as it drops
below 50 F all my dexterity goes out the window. Yes, I still smoke also. Of
course, I do have Raynaud's Syndrome, which doesn't help.

>snip<

> I'm doing OK now, for me, apart from on some of the really steep, rocky
> sections where my nervousness and lack of 'skillz' see me slowing right
> down, where my forearms then take a real beating - I have to stop to ease
> their fatigue several times on the way down, because it really was rather
> difficult to steer while they were sleeping.

Wimp. Didn't look bad at all. :-)

> Bomba's right hand grip comes off, and I see Spadey is trying to give him
> one of his bar plugs to help, but it won't fit. So, I take one of mine off,
> and he fits that. I try the other, but it won't budge - Bomba says he's
> alright, the left grip isn't loose.

I found that Krazyglue works great for grips. Mount the grip, use a very small
flat screwdriver to lift each end, and apply a tiny drop allowing it to run.

> snip<
> We did about 3200 (+) feet of climbing in around 4 1/2 miles, and
> coincidentally about 3200 (+) feet of descending in around 4 1/2 miles. I
> think that qualifies as reasonably steep. I can't speak for the others, but
> that was the damned toughest 8-9 miles I've ever done, by a long shot.

Looks like a kick coming down...

> really enjoyed myself, as I'm sure all did, and I would have even more, if I
> hadn't been gasping for air all the way - smoking's not only bad on its own,
> but it wreaks havoc with chest infections.
> (Yes, it's on my list, so don't bother ',;~}~ ).

Ditto.

> Take care!
>
> Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~

Thanks for the RR!

--
Cameron

spademan o---[\) *
October 8th 03, 09:31 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so, here
> goes:

<snip>
> Take care!
>
> Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~

Cheers Shaun, maybe next time I'll just read your excellent RR and save
myself a lot of effort...

Steve.

spademan o---[\) *
October 8th 03, 09:33 AM
"bomba" > wrote in message
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Some of us took pictures and stuff at various points during the ride,
which
> > I believe Bomba will be uploading and posting as soon as he gets
time/pulls
> > his fcuking finger out.
>
> Cheeky get! I only got back two hours ago. Still, I'm nothing if not
> good to you: http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/

Ahh nice piccies Bomba, brings it all back, sniff sniff.

> Same again next year?

Indeed! As mentioned was thinking of going again in Spring when theres some
snow on the top...Anybody else?

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 11:57 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> > Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so,
here
> > goes:
>
> <small snip - ouch!!>

Uh? It wasn't that long!

> > Dave, Theo - good to meet you guys! Spadey, Bomba - good to get together
> > again! See you all again sometime soon, eh?
> >
> > Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to
seeing
> > you both again on the next one!
> >
> > Take care!
> >
> > Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~
> >

> Does it for me Shaun, missed out the bit about catching the old venicular
up
> and down though ;-)
> I certainly think it's got to be the biggest ride in England / Wales ...
> But for me, the best bit was the company 8-D (aahhh, bless 'em!!)
> Still gotta clean the bike (right!).

Clean it? WTF is that all about?

> Theo then went on to spend 3 hours at a BMX park when we got home, bloody
> kids!!

Ach, after that, BMX ha gotta be easy, heheheheh........

> Take care y'all and see you again, hopefully. I will get Theo geared up
> reasonably for it next time (probably)
> Cheers,
> Dave.
> p.s., excellent RR by the way.
> pps - it is a small usenet ;-) heheheheheh

Cheers!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 12:18 PM
"bomba" > wrote in message
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Some of us took pictures and stuff at various points during the ride,
which
> > I believe Bomba will be uploading and posting as soon as he gets
time/pulls
> > his fcuking finger out.
>
> Cheeky get! I only got back two hours ago.

I knew you weren't back, but this crowd didn't, heheheheh.......

> Still, I'm nothing if not
> good to you: http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/

Cheers Jon! Good work, some nice pics there mate.

> Should have Spadey's pics up tomorrow.

Great!

> > Right, so, we've been climbing up this steep trail for what seems like
> > forever, sometimes pushing, sometimes pedalling. On some of the harder,
> > steeper bits, I'm indulging in very short spurts of energy, busting some
> > way-rad moves 'dudez' (ploughing frantically up and over steep rough
stuff,
> > spinning like a hamster on coke, body English-yada-yada-yada), before
> > getting off and collapsing over the bike, coughing, spluttering and
> > breathless, and resuming the pushathon. Dave and me are pottering along
for
> > quite a way, having a chat and a laugh about this and that, like how
it's
> > such a small Usenet (Eh Dave?!? Heheheheh).
> >
> > I had a sudden sympathy for asthmatics.
>
> The asthmatic in the group didn't seem to be having anywhere near the
> problems you were having...

Aye, well, uhhmmm.......

> > Right here, the trail gets _proper_ steep, I mean, steeper than Harrods
> > prices, and sooner or later, we're all off the bikes and carrying
> > them........slowly.............Anyhow, pretty quickly (yeah, right)
we're
> > sorta cresting the ridge and are now totally exposed to the weather. The
> > wind is hammering at us, and I watch the clouds blow fast past our feet,
and
> > knees, and heads (etc.). I think the others are getting cold - me, I'm
still
> > warm enough,
>
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/18.jpg
> When this picture was taken, it must have been pretty near 0 deg C with
> wind chill. The ramblers in wooly hats and Gore-Tex were absolutely
> freaked to find some nutter at the top of Snowdon in October in a vest
> (that's an English vest) and shorts.

Yeah, I generate loads of heat, but it doesn't ever quite make it down to my
fingers, and before any of you smart arses start trying to tell me that my
fingers woulda been OK if I'd kept my core temps up - bull****, my core
temps were just fine, and even when they're higher, my fingers still get
fcuked up, so 'ner'.

> > We're near the very top now, and head towards the upper train station,
where
> > there is a nice warm bar and café, with beer and everything, but the
fcuker
> > is closed, what, with the trains not running, because of the bad
> > weather......******s...... We huddle at the back of the building for a
> > while, chit-chat about this and that, try and get our extremities to
come
> > back to life, I'm panting and coughing over and over and still can't get
my
> > breath, but somehow I manage to put my coat on anyway, and roll a
> > cigarette - seems I have some skillz after all.
>
> Mr Health himself:
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/19.jpg
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/20.jpg
>
> Doesn't he look happy?

Aye, well, bad chest colds will do that to a smoker - 'Don't do it kids!'.

> > Bomba, Spadey and meself head off up to the summit point just above
leaving
> > Dave and Theo at the café just below, we snap a few photies and head
back
> > down to the trail.
>
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/21.jpg
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/22.jpg
>
> > Now, although the cloud is lifting a bit, it's still bloody cold and
windy,
> > and I have a few near endos because I can't feel half of my hands,
> > especially the half I'm trying to control my brakes with, but this is
all
> > good fun! Dave is at back of me, and the others somewhere in front
(still
> > can't see a damned thing). Eventually, we come to the steep bit that was
> > just after The Corner of Death on the way up, but is now just before
it -
> > wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! This is fun!
>
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/27.jpg
>
> > We stop under the bridge and gather together - still no sign of Theo, as
> > he's flown off in front, being a bit of a gravity freak and all that, as
> > well as dying to get somewhere warm. Spadey sets off and drops off a
water
> > bar, all smooth like, so I follow him in a more ungainly fashion, and
soon,
> > we're all off and flying, bouncing over the rocks and stuff, generally
> > having a ball. Hell fire, Spadey and Bomba are quick, very bloody
quick -
> > this ground is rough as hell with a hangover, and they just soak it all
up!
> > ******s.
>
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/28.jpg
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/29.jpg - Spadey
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/30.jpg - Shaun
> http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/31.jpg - Dave
>
> The last picture shows Dave after he's just jumped off the water bar and
> about 1/2 a second before he crashed :)
>
> > Off we go again, zooming, bouncing, launching, carving, dropping and
having
> > fun. I see Bomba move quick to the left in front of me and sorta lean on
> > some grass and rocks or something as I fly past, slowly. Seems his other
> > grip came off. I catch up with Spadey and wait. We're waiting for ages,
when
> > Dave comes along, and tells us Bomba got a puncture. Now, we all know
Bomba
> > doesn't get pinch flats, because he inflates his tyres to 50 psi, so
this
> > wasn't a pinch flat, although it happened in just the same way.
>
> I was running them at 55psi+ on Friday and I got my first pinch flat in
> years. Huge holes in the tube...

Yeah, nice and smooth wasn't it? Heheheheh........

Well, I was running about 15 psi front, maybe 17 or 18 rear. No pinch
flats.......heheheh.......

> > We did about 3200 (+) feet of climbing in around 4 1/2 miles, and
> > coincidentally about 3200 (+) feet of descending in around 4 1/2 miles.
> > think that qualifies as reasonably steep. I can't speak for the others,
but
> > that was the damned toughest 8-9 miles I've ever done, by a long shot.
>
> I've had rides that are tougher on the lungs and legs, but for technical
> uphill it was very tough.

Was sure some good learnin' to be had on that there climb eh?

> > really enjoyed myself, as I'm sure all did, and I would have even more,
if I
> > hadn't been gasping for air all the way - smoking's not only bad on its
own,
> > but it wreaks havoc with chest infections.
> > (Yes, it's on my list, so don't bother ',;~}~ ).
>
> Gonna give up already?

Leave it boy! I'm on it.

> > I'd recommend that ride to anyone brain dead with fcuk-all common
sense - it
> > really was fantastic. Oh, and for anyone with an ounce of skill, it's
> > definitely all rideable.
>
> Hmm, I think most of it's rideable, but there are some parts that need
> to be hiked.

> Same again next year?

Oh hell yeah!

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 12:20 PM

Yeah, well, my hands were ****ing freezing.

> > http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/27.jpg
> >

> Beautiful country, when you can see it.
>
> Sounded like a good adventure despite the charm of British weather, which
> looked damn miserable (like Shaun in the photos above).

Hey, I look cheerful in the majority of 'em ya *******!

Harrumph!

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 12:22 PM
"Sorni" > wrote in message

> "bomba" > wrote in message
> >>
> > http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/18.jpg
>
> "Unfortunately, after the sex-change operation Olive Oyl became hopelessly
> addicted to crack."

That, you dozy gret pillock, is sheer, angry, bloody-minded guts and
determination, but we couldn't expect you to know about that sort of stuff,
can we?

|:-|

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 12:24 PM
"gabrielle" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.10.07.15.05.23.132948.6205@nothanks. gorge.net...
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 06:29:25 -0700, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > - I couldn't see a freaking mountain anywhere, unless a mountain is a
> > hill with all white fluffy stuff stuck to the top of it.
>
> To be a proper mountain it must have erupted within the past 500 or os
> years. ;D

Oh, right, have to find one o' them for next time......heheheheh.........

> >Yeah, anyhow, already physically wiped out, I
> > look at my speedo thingy, and it says we've done about 2 miles - ****
> > ;-(
>
> Ain't that a hoot!

Well, _I_ couldn't believe it!

> > We wave at
> > the seagull, but it ignores us and looks away. It was a roadie seagull.
>
> Hee hee.
>
> Nice RR Shaun.
>
> gabrielle

Cheers Gab!

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 12:32 PM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> > Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so,
here
> > goes:
> > snip<

Yo Cam,

> > We're near the very top now, and head towards the upper train station,
where
> > there is a nice warm bar and café, with beer and everything, but the
fcuker
> > is closed, what, with the trains not running, because of the bad
> > weather......******s...... We huddle at the back of the building for a
> > while, chit-chat about this and that, try and get our extremities to
come
> > back to life, I'm panting and coughing over and over and still can't get
my
> > breath, but somehow I manage to put my coat on anyway, and roll a
> > cigarette - seems I have some skillz after all.
>
> Hehe, you look like you're laying an egg in those pics. Heeheehee!

Well, it didn't feel like that........

> How the fork did you manage to roll one in that weather?

Practice?

> As soon as it drops
> below 50 F all my dexterity goes out the window.

I couldn't feel my fingers at all, apart from the sheer agony they were
in........

> Yes, I still smoke also. Of
> course, I do have Raynaud's Syndrome, which doesn't help.

WTF is that then?

> >snip<
>
> > I'm doing OK now, for me, apart from on some of the really steep, rocky
> > sections where my nervousness and lack of 'skillz' see me slowing right
> > down, where my forearms then take a real beating - I have to stop to
ease
> > their fatigue several times on the way down, because it really was
rather
> > difficult to steer while they were sleeping.
>
> Wimp. Didn't look bad at all. :-)

It wasn't, I was lying.

> > Bomba's right hand grip comes off, and I see Spadey is trying to give
him
> > one of his bar plugs to help, but it won't fit. So, I take one of mine
off,
> > and he fits that. I try the other, but it won't budge - Bomba says he's
> > alright, the left grip isn't loose.
> >

> I found that Krazyglue works great for grips. Mount the grip, use a very
small
> flat screwdriver to lift each end, and apply a tiny drop allowing it to
run.

I sanded my bars rough under the grip area, covered them in superglue, and
put the grips on - I'd had enough of slipping grips, and these fcukers are
going nowhere until I cut 'em off, heheheh..........

> > snip<
> > We did about 3200 (+) feet of climbing in around 4 1/2 miles, and
> > coincidentally about 3200 (+) feet of descending in around 4 1/2 miles.
> > think that qualifies as reasonably steep. I can't speak for the others,
but
> > that was the damned toughest 8-9 miles I've ever done, by a long shot.
>
> Looks like a kick coming down...

It was ',;~}~

> > really enjoyed myself, as I'm sure all did, and I would have even more,
if I
> > hadn't been gasping for air all the way - smoking's not only bad on its
own,
> > but it wreaks havoc with chest infections.
> > (Yes, it's on my list, so don't bother ',;~}~ ).
>
> Ditto.
>
> > Take care!
> >
> > Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~
>
> Thanks for the RR!

Yer welcome!

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 12:35 PM
"spademan o---[) *" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> > Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so,
here
> > goes:
>
> <snip>
> > Take care!
> >
> > Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~
> >

> Cheers Shaun, maybe next time I'll just read your excellent RR and save
> myself a lot of effort...
>
> Steve.

Heheheheh......

Well, thank you Kindly Mr. Steve, thank you kindly ',;~}~

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

Pete Jones
October 8th 03, 12:38 PM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:40:54 -0700, gabrielle
> blathered:

>> - I couldn't see a freaking mountain anywhere, unless a mountain is a
>> hill with all white fluffy stuff stuck to the top of it.
>
>To be a proper mountain it must have erupted within the past 500 or os
>years

Snowdon last erupted about 500 *million* years ago, in the Ordovician
Period. It was part of a large submarine caldera event, similar to the
Krakatoa eruption, that occurred when the North American plate slammed
into the European Plate during the closure of the Iapetus Ocean. The
North American plate subsequently ripped away again when the Atlantic
formed, leaving Scotland welded onto the top of what is now England,
along the Iapetus suture.

Phew. Flashback to uni.

I'll go now.

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 02:11 PM
"Pete Jones" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:40:54 -0700, gabrielle
> > blathered:
>
> >> - I couldn't see a freaking mountain anywhere, unless a mountain is a
> >> hill with all white fluffy stuff stuck to the top of it.
> >
> >To be a proper mountain it must have erupted within the past 500 or os
> >years
>
> Snowdon last erupted about 500 *million* years ago, in the Ordovician
> Period. It was part of a large submarine caldera event, similar to the
> Krakatoa eruption, that occurred when the North American plate slammed
> into the European Plate during the closure of the Iapetus Ocean. The
> North American plate subsequently ripped away again when the Atlantic
> formed, leaving Scotland welded onto the top of what is now England,
> along the Iapetus suture.

OooOoOOOOO! 'Ark at 'im with 'is fancy knowingness!

Shaun aRe

Dave
October 8th 03, 04:01 PM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> "Pete Jones" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:40:54 -0700, gabrielle
> > > blathered:

> > >To be a proper mountain it must have erupted within the past 500 or os
> > >years
> >
> > Snowdon last erupted about 500 *million* years ago, in the Ordovician
> > Period. It was part of a large submarine caldera event, similar to the
> > Krakatoa eruption, that occurred when the North American plate slammed
> > into the European Plate during the closure of the Iapetus Ocean. The
> > North American plate subsequently ripped away again when the Atlantic
> > formed, leaving Scotland welded onto the top of what is now England,
> > along the Iapetus suture.
>
> OooOoOOOOO! 'Ark at 'im with 'is fancy knowingness!
>
> Shaun aRe

Funnily enough I had my suspicions as I was 'riding' up the damned
thing....I thought to meself.....
"I bet Snowdon last erupted about 500 *million* years ago, in the Ordovician
Period. It was part of a large submarine caldera event, similar to the
Krakatoa eruption etc&etc...." but then I fell asleep and forgot all about
it ;-)
Dave.

Shaun Rimmer
October 8th 03, 04:17 PM
"Dave" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Pete Jones" > wrote in message
> > > On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:40:54 -0700, gabrielle

> > > Snowdon last erupted about 500 *million* years ago, in the Ordovician
> > > Period. It was part of a large submarine caldera event, similar to the
> > > Krakatoa eruption, that occurred when the North American plate slammed
> > > into the European Plate during the closure of the Iapetus Ocean. The
> > > North American plate subsequently ripped away again when the Atlantic
> > > formed, leaving Scotland welded onto the top of what is now England,
> > > along the Iapetus suture.
> >
> > OooOoOOOOO! 'Ark at 'im with 'is fancy knowingness!
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Funnily enough I had my suspicions as I was 'riding' up the damned
> thing....I thought to meself.....
> "I bet Snowdon last erupted about 500 *million* years ago, in the
Ordovician
> Period. It was part of a large submarine caldera event, similar to the
> Krakatoa eruption etc&etc...." but then I fell asleep and forgot all about
> it ;-)
> Dave.

Heheheheheh - "It was all a bad dream"..........

Shaun aRe

Paladin
October 8th 03, 05:34 PM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message >...
> Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so, here
> goes:
> Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to seeing
> you both again on the next one!
>
> Take care!
>
> Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~

Epics like that take on a rosy, fond glow in your memory after aging
for about 4 years. But sounded like great fun, nonetheless, (since
I'm a bike sadist, that is.)

Good writing.

Paladin

Andy Chequer
October 9th 03, 01:54 AM
<snipped hugely cool RR>

> Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to seeing
> you both again on the next one!

Great RR mate. I almost felt there ;-) Gutted I couldn't come but I really
needed some time with the folks. I'd be reckoning that we could get together
again soon and have some MTB stuff.

Myself and Huw will be guest starring at the real ale wobble in Nov (I
forget the date) if anyone wants to come, ride and then repent with beer
kick back with a beer it'd be beyond lovely.

Top Hole, old fruit.

Andy Chequer

Cameron
October 9th 03, 02:42 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> > > Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so,
> here
> > > goes:
> > > snip<
>
> Yo Cam,

Yo Shaun! That cold going away yet?

> > > We're near the very top now, and head towards the upper train station,
> where
> > > there is a nice warm bar and café, with beer and everything, but the
> fcuker
> > > is closed, what, with the trains not running, because of the bad
> > > weather......******s...... We huddle at the back of the building for a
> > > while, chit-chat about this and that, try and get our extremities to
> come
> > > back to life, I'm panting and coughing over and over and still can't get
> my
> > > breath, but somehow I manage to put my coat on anyway, and roll a
> > > cigarette - seems I have some skillz after all.
> >
> > Hehe, you look like you're laying an egg in those pics. Heeheehee!
>
> Well, it didn't feel like that........

Maybe you were too numb. I heard that ya can poach eggs in dry ice...

> > How the fork did you manage to roll one in that weather?
>
> Practice?

Desperation?

> > As soon as it drops
> > below 50 F all my dexterity goes out the window.
>
> I couldn't feel my fingers at all, apart from the sheer agony they were
> in........
>
> > Yes, I still smoke also. Of
> > course, I do have Raynaud's Syndrome, which doesn't help.
>
> WTF is that then?

http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/raynaud/ar125fs.htm

I didn't read all the way through this site, but doctors' and my own
research point to smoking. And maybe (?) my excessive beer drinking.
I believe that alcohol depletes the body of certain B vits, which I believe
help the nerve structure. I could be wrong, but in cold seasons takeing a
B complex helps a lot. I've read that some get it from types of anemia,
the B deficiency type.

> > >snip<
> >
> > > I'm doing OK now, for me, apart from on some of the really steep, rocky
> > > sections where my nervousness and lack of 'skillz' see me slowing right
> > > down, where my forearms then take a real beating - I have to stop to
> ease
> > > their fatigue several times on the way down, because it really was
> rather
> > > difficult to steer while they were sleeping.
> >
> > Wimp. Didn't look bad at all. :-)
>
> It wasn't, I was lying.

Now you're lying. Bomba just put up Spademan's pics. A little steeper
than Bomba's deceptive pics...

> > > Bomba's right hand grip comes off, and I see Spadey is trying to give
> him
> > > one of his bar plugs to help, but it won't fit. So, I take one of mine
> off,
> > > and he fits that. I try the other, but it won't budge - Bomba says he's
> > > alright, the left grip isn't loose.
> > >

> > I found that Krazyglue works great for grips. Mount the grip, use a very
> small
> > flat screwdriver to lift each end, and apply a tiny drop allowing it to
> run.
>
> I sanded my bars rough under the grip area, covered them in superglue, and
> put the grips on - I'd had enough of slipping grips, and these fcukers are
> going nowhere until I cut 'em off, heheheh..........

Whatever works. Grips are cheap... :-)

> > > snip<
> > > We did about 3200 (+) feet of climbing in around 4 1/2 miles, and
> > > coincidentally about 3200 (+) feet of descending in around 4 1/2 miles.
> > > think that qualifies as reasonably steep. I can't speak for the others,
> but
> > > that was the damned toughest 8-9 miles I've ever done, by a long shot.
> >
> > Looks like a kick coming down...
>
> It was ',;~}~

Almost makes me wish I was rich enough to fly out there...

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 9th 03, 10:41 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> > Yo Cam,
>
> Yo Shaun! That cold going away yet?

Nope! Daughter got it first, then Kath, then me - daughter is still
sneezing, sniffling and coughing weeks later, so is Kath, me, well, me too.

> > > Hehe, you look like you're laying an egg in those pics. Heeheehee!
> >
> > Well, it didn't feel like that........
>
> Maybe you were too numb.

Only my hands were cold.

> I heard that ya can poach eggs in dry ice...

You can also burn your fingers on it.

> > > How the fork did you manage to roll one in that weather?
> >
> > Practice?
>
> Desperation?

Practice.

> > WTF is that then?
>
> http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/raynaud/ar125fs.htm
>
> I didn't read all the way through this site, but doctors' and my own
> research point to smoking. And maybe (?) my excessive beer drinking.
> I believe that alcohol depletes the body of certain B vits, which I
believe
> help the nerve structure. I could be wrong, but in cold seasons takeing a
> B complex helps a lot. I've read that some get it from types of anemia,
> the B deficiency type.

Right, yup - B-comlex is good for nerves.

You are right. Make your ****ing mind up boy.

> Bomba just put up Spademan's pics. A little steeper
> than Bomba's deceptive pics...

Yup, <cliché but true> but they still don't do some of it justice by a long
shot </cliché but true>.

> > > I found that Krazyglue works great for grips. Mount the grip, use a
very
> > small
> > > flat screwdriver to lift each end, and apply a tiny drop allowing it
> > run.
> >
> > I sanded my bars rough under the grip area, covered them in superglue,
and
> > put the grips on - I'd had enough of slipping grips, and these fcukers
are
> > going nowhere until I cut 'em off, heheheh..........
>
> Whatever works. Grips are cheap... :-)

Apart from the expensive ones.

> > but
> > >
> > > Looks like a kick coming down...
> >
> > It was ',;~}~
>
> Almost makes me wish I was rich enough to fly out there...

Huh, that's just too funny! Heheheheh..........

Shaun aRe - The place is closed to bikes for the warmest 5 months of the
year, heheheh......

Shaun Rimmer
October 9th 03, 10:52 AM
"Paladin" > wrote in message
om...
> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> > Well, uuhhhm, yeah - I suppose I'd better write summink about it, so,
here
> > goes:
> > Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to
seeing
> > you both again on the next one!
> >
> > Take care!
> >
> > Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~
>
> Epics

? I always think of epics as 'long' hard rides, not short but tough ones ?
I'd consider the Kinder Scout ride we (club) did as an epic at 35+ miles
over very tough terrain - it took us a damned long time......

> like that take on a rosy, fond glow in your memory after aging
> for about 4 years. But sounded like great fun, nonetheless, (since
> I'm a bike sadist, that is.)

It was fun! - I don't want to keep on saying this, but I'd have had far more
fun if I hadn't been in such crappy health, and not just the chest thing -
I've been quite down about it for a while, my health is all shot this past
12-18 months (knees are _fcuked_, so is back, energy levels way down - all
**** like that), nothing like it was, and I still don't know why, as my
lifestyle hasn't changed. My health is always something I've revelled
in......ach, ignore me, I'm just having a moan.......

> Good writing.

Cheers P!

> Paladin

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 9th 03, 10:53 AM
"Andy Chequer" > wrote in
message ...
> <snipped hugely cool RR>
>
> > Mark - next time, eh? Andy and Huw - we missed you, look forward to
seeing
> > you both again on the next one!
>
> Great RR mate. I almost felt there ;-)

Cheers! Glad it did that for ya, youze wuz missed.

> Gutted I couldn't come but I really
> needed some time with the folks.

Of course.

> I'd be reckoning that we could get together
> again soon and have some MTB stuff.
>
> Myself and Huw will be guest starring at the real ale wobble in Nov (I
> forget the date) if anyone wants to come, ride and then repent with beer
> kick back with a beer it'd be beyond lovely.

Will have to see!

> Top Hole, old fruit.

Well, never been into the other hole........heheheheh..........ahem!

> Andy Chequer

Shaun aRe

bomba
October 9th 03, 12:38 PM
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:54:52 +0100, Andy Chequer wrote:

> Myself and Huw will be guest starring at the real ale wobble in Nov (I
> forget the date) if anyone wants to come, ride and then repent with beer
> kick back with a beer it'd be beyond lovely.

Hmm, Wales in the rain or sunning myself in Sydney? It's a tough choice,
but I think I'll skip the Real Ale Wobble this year...

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Andy Chequer
October 9th 03, 05:43 PM
> Hmm, Wales in the rain or sunning myself in Sydney? It's a tough choice,
> but I think I'll skip the Real Ale Wobble this year...

Yer big pussy.

Andy Chequer would go to Sydney too !

Cameron
October 10th 03, 06:44 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
>
> > > Yo Cam,
> >
> > Yo Shaun! That cold going away yet?
>
> Nope! Daughter got it first, then Kath, then me - daughter is still
> sneezing, sniffling and coughing weeks later, so is Kath, me, well, me too.

How sweet. A family that shares. ;-)

> > I heard that ya can poach eggs in dry ice...
>
> You can also burn your fingers on it.

Or other things if you're careless...

> > > WTF is that then?
> >
> > http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/raynaud/ar125fs.htm
> >
> > I didn't read all the way through this site, but doctors' and my own
> > research point to smoking. And maybe (?) my excessive beer drinking.
> > I believe that alcohol depletes the body of certain B vits, which I
> believe
> > help the nerve structure. I could be wrong, but in cold seasons takeing a
> > B complex helps a lot. I've read that some get it from types of anemia,
> > the B deficiency type.
>
> Right, yup - B-comlex is good for nerves.

But a friends spaz dog isn't good for mine.

> > > It wasn't, I was lying.
> >
> > Now you're lying.
>
> You are right. Make your ****ing mind up boy.

Consistency is my middle name. And I never claimed to be consistent. I've
said all along that those pics showed an easy, grueling climb. Considering
that I have absolutely no experience with that trail, I can definitely say that
I know what I'm talking about.

> > Bomba just put up Spademan's pics. A little steeper
> > than Bomba's deceptive pics...
>
> Yup, <cliché but true> but they still don't do some of it justice by a long
> shot </cliché but true>.

True, yet you bitched and whined about my Blanchard RR. Pushing up steep
trails, humf!

> > Whatever works. Grips are cheap... :-)
>
> Apart from the expensive ones.

How profound! Did that come to you in a dream?

> > > It was ',;~}~
> >
> > Almost makes me wish I was rich enough to fly out there...
>
> Huh, that's just too funny! Heheheheh..........

You lost me on that one.

> Shaun aRe - The place is closed to bikes for the warmest 5 months of the
> year, heheheh......

Yer forgetting that I was born and raised in the Pacific North Wet.

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 10th 03, 12:47 PM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> > Nope! Daughter got it first, then Kath, then me - daughter is still
> > sneezing, sniffling and coughing weeks later, so is Kath, me, well, me
too.

> How sweet. A family that shares. ;-)

You ant some too?

> > > I heard that ya can poach eggs in dry ice...
> >
> > You can also burn your fingers on it.
>
> Or other things if you're careless...

Why TF would anyone be in such a position in the first place?

>>> I could be wrong, but in cold seasons takeing a
> > > B complex helps a lot. I've read that some get it from types of
anemia,
> > > the B deficiency type.
> >
> > Right, yup - B-comlex is good for nerves.
>
> But a friends spaz dog isn't good for mine.

Punch it on the nose. Hard.

You can pull that dick out of your ear now, your brain is well ****ed.

> > > Bomba just put up Spademan's pics. A little steeper
> > > than Bomba's deceptive pics...
> >
> > Yup, <cliché but true> but they still don't do some of it justice by a
long
> > shot </cliché but true>.
>
> True, yet you bitched and whined about my Blanchard RR. Pushing up steep
> trails, humf!

I took the deceptiveness of your photo into account, that's how I know it
actually was a climb, and not a DH, plus, it was smooth.

> > > Whatever works. Grips are cheap... :-)
> >
> > Apart from the expensive ones.
>
> How profound! Did that come to you in a dream?

It came to me while browsing an MTB shop, hackshirley.

> > > Almost makes me wish I was rich enough to fly out there...
> >
> > Huh, that's just too funny! Heheheheh..........
>
> You lost me on that one.

If you had the money, you'd fly to Snowdon, to ride in atrocious weather,
when you could fly to somewhere with a similar trail, and ride in good
weather? Heheheheh.........

> > Shaun aRe - The place is closed to bikes for the warmest 5 months of the
> > year, heheheh......
>
> Yer forgetting that I was born and raised in the Pacific North Wet.

That's as maybe, but it still ain't Wales boyo.

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 10th 03, 12:47 PM
"Andy Chequer" > wrote in
message ...

> > Hmm, Wales in the rain or sunning myself in Sydney? It's a tough
choice,
> > but I think I'll skip the Real Ale Wobble this year...
>
> Yer big pussy.
>
> Andy Chequer would go to Sydney too !

But what would you do?

Shaun aRe

Bill Wheeler
October 11th 03, 04:00 AM
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:29:25 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
> wrote:

[snip one hell of an RR!]

Loved it. Take care of those frozen fingers.

Loved the bit about Jock Duff and his balloon tired SS cruiser.

>Take care!
>
>Shaun aRe - Now where'd I put my respirator? ',;~}~

Peace,
Bill

Cameron
October 13th 03, 04:24 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
>
> > > Nope! Daughter got it first, then Kath, then me - daughter is still
> > > sneezing, sniffling and coughing weeks later, so is Kath, me, well, me
> too.
> >
> > How sweet. A family that shares. ;-)
>
> You ant some too?

Actually, I don't have a pest problem here. Aside from those
Hobo spiders...

> > > You can also burn your fingers on it.
> >
> > Or other things if you're careless...
>
> Why TF would anyone be in such a position in the first place?

Umm, because the planet is infested with stupid people? Ever read
the Darwin Awards?

> anemia,
> > >
> > > Right, yup - B-comlex is good for nerves.
> >
> > But a friends spaz dog isn't good for mine.
>
> Punch it on the nose. Hard.

I can't get that close. The (I think) Lab/Boxer mix named 'Michael' will
stand around twenty feet away barking and growling at me. When I turn
my back on him, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg. As soon as
I notice him, he will run away. He will patrol the yard, and every time I
move or look at him he will start snapping and snarling. When I decide to
ignore him again, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg. Etc.

> > > You are right. Make your ****ing mind up boy.
> >
> > Consistency is my middle name. And I never claimed to be consistent. I've
> > said all along that those pics showed an easy, grueling climb. Considering
> > that I have absolutely no experience with that trail, I can definitely say
> that
> > I know what I'm talking about.
>
> You can pull that dick out of your ear now, your brain is well ****ed.

Stop day dreaming. It aint *that* long.

> > > Yup, <cliché but true> but they still don't do some of it justice by a
> long
> > > shot </cliché but true>.
> >
> > True, yet you bitched and whined about my Blanchard RR. Pushing up steep
> > trails, humf!
>
> I took the deceptiveness of your photo into account, that's how I know it
> actually was a climb, and not a DH, plus, it was smooth.

Duh! It wasn't a DH on the push up. And it wasn't a push up on the DH. And
as for the "smooth" part, you seem to be forgeting about my RR and how much
I loved those Gazzaloddi's on wet roots and rocks................

> > > Apart from the expensive ones.
> >
> > How profound! Did that come to you in a dream?
>
> It came to me while browsing an MTB shop, hackshirley.

Shoplifting, no doubt....

> > > Huh, that's just too funny! Heheheheh..........
> >
> > You lost me on that one.
>
> If you had the money, you'd fly to Snowdon, to ride in atrocious weather,
> when you could fly to somewhere with a similar trail, and ride in good
> weather? Heheheheh.........

Perhaps you should try reading my posts. I started that sentence with 'Almost'.

:-P

> > > Shaun aRe - The place is closed to bikes for the warmest 5 months of the
> > > year, heheheh......
> >
> > Yer forgetting that I was born and raised in the Pacific North Wet.
>
> That's as maybe, but it still ain't Wales boyo.

Ain't my problem, monkey boy.

> Shaun aRe

Still looks fun. Easy, but fun.

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 13th 03, 10:05 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

Today, I feel fuking awful, and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

> > You ant some too?
>
> Actually, I don't have a pest problem here. Aside from those
> Hobo spiders...

Somebody stole my dubbya!

> > > Or other things if you're careless...
> >
> > Why TF would anyone be in such a position in the first place?
>
> Umm, because the planet is infested with stupid people? Ever read
> the Darwin Awards?

You planning on being in 'em?

> > > But a friends spaz dog isn't good for mine.
> >
> > Punch it on the nose. Hard.
>
> I can't get that close.

Then throw a brick at it's nose, hard. Duh!

> The (I think) Lab/Boxer mix named 'Michael' will
> stand around twenty feet away barking and growling at me. When I turn
> my back on him, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg.

Kick out backwards. Dogs are stupid and deserve pain.

> As soon as
> I notice him, he will run away. He will patrol the yard, and every time I
> move or look at him he will start snapping and snarling. When I decide to
> ignore him again, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg. Etc.

You two were made for each other.

> > You can pull that dick out of your ear now, your brain is well ****ed.
>
> Stop day dreaming.

I am fully lucid.

>It aint *that* long.

Quit yer bitchin' and buy some of those pills you keep getting spammed
about.

> > > True, yet you bitched and whined about my Blanchard RR. Pushing up
steep
> > > trails, humf!
> >
> > I took the deceptiveness of your photo into account, that's how I know
it
> > actually was a climb, and not a DH, plus, it was smooth.
>
> Duh! It wasn't a DH on the push up. And it wasn't a push up on the DH. And
> as for the "smooth" part, you seem to be forgeting about my RR and how
much
> I loved those Gazzaloddi's on wet roots and rocks................

But I didn't see any on that picture of where you pushed up.

> > > How profound! Did that come to you in a dream?
> >
> > It came to me while browsing an MTB shop, hackshirley.
>
> Shoplifting, no doubt....

Well, I only actually tilted up one corner.

> > > You lost me on that one.
> >
> > If you had the money, you'd fly to Snowdon, to ride in atrocious
weather,
> > when you could fly to somewhere with a similar trail, and ride in good
> > weather? Heheheheh.........
>
> Perhaps you should try reading my posts. I started that sentence with
'Almost'.

> :-P

You almost started a sentence. Congratuluckingfations.

> > That's as maybe, but it still ain't Wales boyo.
>
> Ain't my problem, monkey boy.

You got a monkey boy now?

> > Shaun aRe
>
> Still looks fun. Easy, but fun.

Yeah.

Shaun aRe - So, I lied about the wrath thing.

Shaun Rimmer
October 13th 03, 10:30 AM
"Bill Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:29:25 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
> > wrote:
>
> [snip one hell of an RR!]
>
> Loved it. Take care of those frozen fingers.

Cheers Bill. WTF happened to 'nice'?!?!?!?

> Loved the bit about Jock Duff and his balloon tired SS cruiser.

It was a funny thought at the time ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Phil.Winterbourne
October 13th 03, 02:32 PM
bomba wrote:

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> > Some of us took pictures and stuff at various points during the ride, which
> > I believe Bomba will be uploading and posting as soon as he gets time/pulls
> > his fcuking finger out.
>
> Cheeky get! I only got back two hours ago. Still, I'm nothing if not
> good to you: http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/
>
> Should have Spadey's pics up tomorrow.

Looks great - shame I missed. I've been feeling near deaths door for
the last month & now I know why - I've been diagnosed with Type 1
Diabetes :-( Feeling better now I'm getting my insulin fixes though &
have been out on a few rides. Doctor says once I've got the hang of it
I'll be back to normal. I'm in N Wales in two weeks & a mate & I will be
trying to escape the kids and do Snowdon. I'll post my pics if we make
it.

Phil

Phil.Winterbourne
October 13th 03, 03:43 PM
The OP has expired on my news server. I appreciate it if someone could
either re-post or e-mail it to me. (have googled to no avail)

Phil

Shaun Rimmer
October 13th 03, 03:45 PM
"Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message

> bomba wrote:
> >
> > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > > Some of us took pictures and stuff at various points during the ride,
which
> > > I believe Bomba will be uploading and posting as soon as he gets
time/pulls
> > > his fcuking finger out.
> >
> > Cheeky get! I only got back two hours ago. Still, I'm nothing if not
> > good to you: http://j-harris.net/bike/snowdon/
> >
> > Should have Spadey's pics up tomorrow.
> >

> Looks great - shame I missed.

Indeed.

**** ;-(

> Feeling better now I'm getting my insulin fixes though &
> have been out on a few rides. Doctor says once I've got the hang of it
> I'll be back to normal.

Cool - he's to hoping that's soon, eh?

> I'm in N Wales in two weeks & a mate & I will be
> trying to escape the kids and do Snowdon. I'll post my pics if we make
> it.

Have fun, and try not to freeze!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Phil.Winterbourne
October 13th 03, 03:47 PM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> "Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message
[snip]
> > Feeling better now I'm getting my insulin fixes though &
> > have been out on a few rides. Doctor says once I've got the hang of it
> > I'll be back to normal.
>
> Cool - he's to hoping that's soon, eh?

Gee Thanks :-0

> > I'm in N Wales in two weeks & a mate & I will be
> > trying to escape the kids and do Snowdon. I'll post my pics if we make
> > it.
>
> Have fun, and try not to freeze!

We'll do our best.

Phil

Shaun Rimmer
October 13th 03, 03:52 PM
"Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message

> The OP has expired on my news server. I appreciate it if someone could
> either re-post or e-mail it to me. (have googled to no avail)

Here ya go Phil!:

[...]

October 13th 03, 04:06 PM
"Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > "Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message
> [snip]
> > > Feeling better now I'm getting my insulin fixes though &
> > > have been out on a few rides. Doctor says once I've got the hang of
it
> > > I'll be back to normal.
> >
> > Cool - here's to hoping that's soon, eh?
<own typo corrected>
> Gee Thanks :-0

Dude, just hoping you get back to normal quick-style! So, get TF on with it
already! ',;~}~

> > > I'm in N Wales in two weeks & a mate & I will be
> > > trying to escape the kids and do Snowdon. I'll post my pics if we
make
> > > it.
> >
> > Have fun, and try not to freeze!
> >
> We'll do our best.

I'd take a big flask of hot coffee up there. Probably with a lot of rum in
it........heheheheh..........

Shaun aRe - Hate being a ******* when I'm not trying to be,
heheheheheh........

Shaun aRe

Phil.Winterbourne
October 13th 03, 04:30 PM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> "Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message

[snip]

> I'd take a big flask of hot coffee up there. Probably with a lot of rum in
> it........heheheheh..........

No, I'm hoping for a lovely autumnal day with rich colours and blue
skies dappled with a few clouds just to add interest to the photos. The
wind will be gentle and the late October sun will be just strong enough
to keep the chill off while resting and eating energy bars on the way
up. The views from the top will be crystal clear without any of that
annoying summer haze. That being said I was up there once walking and
we'd forgotten the water bottles - it was quite something seeing us chip
ice off the trig point to suck!

> Shaun aRe - Hate being a ******* when I'm not trying to be,
> heheheheheh........

LOL

Phil

Shaun Rimmer
October 13th 03, 04:44 PM
"Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > "Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message
> > >
> [snip]
> >
> > I'd take a big flask of hot coffee up there. Probably with a lot of rum
in
> > it........heheheheh..........
>

> No, I'm hoping for a lovely autumnal day with rich colours and blue
> skies dappled with a few clouds just to add interest to the photos. The
> wind will be gentle and the late October sun will be just strong enough
> to keep the chill off while resting and eating energy bars on the way
> up. The views from the top will be crystal clear without any of that
> annoying summer haze.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! You've gone and done it now intcha
ya gret daft sod?!?!?!

',;~}~

> That being said I was up there once walking and
> we'd forgotten the water bottles - it was quite something seeing us chip
> ice off the trig point to suck!

Heheheheh, where's the photos!

> > Shaun aRe - Hate being a ******* when I'm not trying to be,
> > heheheheheh........
> >
> LOL
>
> Phil

Shaun aRe - Just wait and see! Heheheheh........

Shaun Rimmer
October 14th 03, 09:31 AM
"Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > "Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > The OP has expired on my news server. I appreciate it if someone
could
> > > either re-post or e-mail it to me. (have googled to no avail)
> >
> > Here ya go Phil!:
> >

> Thanks - sounds like a blast.

It was.....an icy, damp, cloudy blast, heheheheheh ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Phil.Winterbourne
October 14th 03, 10:28 AM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> "Phil.Winterbourne" > wrote in message
> >

> > Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> could
> > >
> > > Here ya go Phil!:
> > >

> > Thanks - sounds like a blast.
>
> It was.....an icy, damp, cloudy blast, heheheheheh ',;~}~
>
> Shaun aRe

How much of it did you push?

Phil

Shaun Rimmer
October 14th 03, 11:41 AM
"Phil.Winterbourne" wrote:

> > > Thanks - sounds like a blast.
> >
> > It was.....an icy, damp, cloudy blast, heheheheheh ',;~}~
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>
> How much of it did you push?

Me? Uhhhhm, more than Bomba.............

Heh, dunno to be honest, I was struggling to breath, and that took up a lot
of my mind. I'd say, probably roughly half of it, maybe more, maybe less,
give or take some.......

> Phil

Shaun aRe - It was a bit steep in
places........heheheheheheh..................

Cameron
October 15th 03, 04:29 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
>
> Today, I feel fuking awful,

Yeah, it shows in both your spelling and punctuation.

and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm all weak with fright.

> > > You ant some too?
> >
> > Actually, I don't have a pest problem here. Aside from those
> > Hobo spiders...
>
> Somebody stole my dubbya!

Karma for giving us those Hobo spiders.

> > > Why TF would anyone be in such a position in the first place?
> >
> > Umm, because the planet is infested with stupid people? Ever read
> > the Darwin Awards?
>
> You planning on being in 'em?

Nope. I plan on dying in a very boring way.

> > > Punch it on the nose. Hard.
> >
> > I can't get that close.
>
> Then throw a brick at it's nose, hard. Duh!

Well, he does have a lot of jade lying around... Big chunks at that.

> > The (I think) Lab/Boxer mix named 'Michael' will
> > stand around twenty feet away barking and growling at me. When I turn
> > my back on him, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg.
>
> Kick out backwards. Dogs are stupid and deserve pain.

Are you trying to incure the wrath of Kathleen?

> > As soon as
> > I notice him, he will run away. He will patrol the yard, and every time I
> > move or look at him he will start snapping and snarling. When I decide to
> > ignore him again, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg. Etc.
>
> You two were made for each other.

........... . . . . . . . . . ?

> > > You can pull that dick out of your ear now, your brain is well ****ed.
> >
> > Stop day dreaming.
>
> I am fully lucid.

That does not mean that you are not dreaming.

> >It aint *that* long.
>
> Quit yer bitchin' and buy some of those pills you keep getting spammed
> about.

Eh? The spam I get is from some idiot in the Congo who wants to give me $35
billion dollars. Yeah, like I want it.

> steep
> > >
> > > I took the deceptiveness of your photo into account, that's how I know
> it
> > > actually was a climb, and not a DH, plus, it was smooth.
> >
> > Duh! It wasn't a DH on the push up. And it wasn't a push up on the DH. And
> > as for the "smooth" part, you seem to be forgeting about my RR and how
> much
> > I loved those Gazzaloddi's on wet roots and rocks................
>
> But I didn't see any on that picture of where you pushed up.

Blame that on Bomba and Spademan. If they were there, the pics would be
posted. But since they were AWOL, I had to go solo and do everything myself.

> > > It came to me while browsing an MTB shop, hackshirley.
> >
> > Shoplifting, no doubt....
>
> Well, I only actually tilted up one corner.

They must have some heavy bikes...

> > > If you had the money, you'd fly to Snowdon, to ride in atrocious
> weather,
> > > when you could fly to somewhere with a similar trail, and ride in good
> > > weather? Heheheheh.........
> >
> > Perhaps you should try reading my posts. I started that sentence with
> 'Almost'.
> >
> > :-P
>
> You almost started a sentence. Congratuluckingfations.

¿Que?

> > > That's as maybe, but it still ain't Wales boyo.
> >
> > Ain't my problem, monkey boy.
>
> You got a monkey boy now?

Who do you think I've been chatting with? Olive Oil on crack?

;-)

> Shaun aRe - So, I lied about the wrath thing.

No, you failed.

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 15th 03, 10:03 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> > Today, I feel fuking awful,
>
> Yeah, it shows in both your spelling and punctuation.

My keyboard is shot, also - half the keys work half the time, the other half
work a quarter of the time.

> and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
> > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> I'm all weak with fright.

That's not fright, it's malnutrition.

> > Somebody stole my dubbya!
>
> Karma for giving us those Hobo spiders.

I never gave you Hobo spiders.

> > > Umm, because the planet is infested with stupid people? Ever read
> > > the Darwin Awards?
> >
> > You planning on being in 'em?
>
> Nope. I plan on dying in a very boring way.

'Die like you lived'.

> > Kick out backwards. Dogs are stupid and deserve pain.
>
> Are you trying to incure the wrath of Kathleen?

Kathleen knows better than to pick on me for **** like that, and I'm not
scared of any words, from anyone, on freaking Usenet - how ridiculously
foolish of me would that be, especially with _my_ wordsmithing abilities!?!
Ha! Ahem.......

> > > As soon as
> > > I notice him, he will run away. He will patrol the yard, and every
time I
> > > move or look at him he will start snapping and snarling. When I decide
> > > ignore him again, he will sneak up behind me and lick my leg. Etc.
> >
> > You two were made for each other.
>
> .......... . . . . . . . . . ?

Stupid leg licking followers.

> > I am fully lucid.
>
> That does not mean that you are not dreaming.

Like you would know, snoozy-boy.

> > Shaun aRe - So, I lied about the wrath thing.
>
> No, you failed.

Not even nearly - I _know_ when I lie or not, anything you have to say about
it is merely postulation.

Shaun aRe

Dave
October 15th 03, 10:14 PM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
>
> > > Today, I feel fuking awful,
> >
> > Yeah, it shows in both your spelling and punctuation.
>
> My keyboard is shot, also - half the keys work half the time, the other
half
> work a quarter of the time.
>
> > and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
> > > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
> >
> > I'm all weak with fright.
>
> That's not fright, it's malnutrition.
>
> > > Somebody stole my dubbya!
> >
> > Karma for giving us those Hobo spiders.
>
> I never gave you Hobo spiders.

> > > You planning on being in 'em?
> >
> > Nope. I plan on dying in a very boring way.
>
> 'Die like you lived'.
>
> > > Kick out backwards. Dogs are stupid and deserve pain.
> >
> > Are you trying to incure the wrath of Kathleen?
>
> Kathleen knows better than to pick on me for **** like that, and I'm not
> scared of any words, from anyone, on freaking Usenet - how ridiculously
> foolish of me would that be, especially with _my_ wordsmithing
abilities!?!
> Ha! Ahem.......

> time I
> > >
> > > You two were made for each other.
> >
> > .......... . . . . . . . . . ?
>
> Stupid leg licking followers.
>
> > > I am fully lucid.
> >
> > That does not mean that you are not dreaming.
>
> Like you would know, snoozy-boy.
>
> > > Shaun aRe - So, I lied about the wrath thing.
> >
> > No, you failed.
>
> Not even nearly - I _know_ when I lie or not, anything you have to say
about
> it is merely postulation.
>

> Shaun aRe

Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......
ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
Dave (nice-but dumb!)

Cameron
October 16th 03, 04:24 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
>
> > > Today, I feel fuking awful,

> > and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
> > > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
> >
> > I'm all weak with fright.
>
> That's not fright, it's malnutrition.

And what exactly is wrong with cheeseburgers and beer?

> > > Somebody stole my dubbya!
> >
> > Karma for giving us those Hobo spiders.
>
> I never gave you Hobo spiders.

I said 'us' not 'me'. Duh.

> > > You planning on being in 'em?
> >
> > Nope. I plan on dying in a very boring way.
>
> 'Die like you lived'.

Oh, great. I gonna die working or cooking. Or choke on a cheeseburger...

> > > Kick out backwards. Dogs are stupid and deserve pain.
> >
> > Are you trying to incure the wrath of Kathleen?
>
> Kathleen knows better than to pick on me for **** like that, and I'm not
> scared of any words, from anyone, on freaking Usenet - how ridiculously
> foolish of me would that be, especially with _my_ wordsmithing abilities!?!
> Ha! Ahem.......

Hell hath no fury as..................

> time I
> > >
> > > You two were made for each other.
> >
> > .......... . . . . . . . . . ?
>
> Stupid leg licking followers.

........... . . . . . . . . . ?

--
Cameron

Cameron
October 16th 03, 04:34 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message ...

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >
> Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......

Calm yourself, he's married.

> ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
> Dave (nice-but dumb!)

Slightly less than pleasant poisonous spiders.
http://www.hobospider.net/info/#Where%20did%20they%20come%20from?

Caught several of the feckurs in my living not long ago.

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 16th 03, 10:20 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Dave" > wrote in message

> > Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......
>
> Calm yourself, he's married.

I think he was politely telling me to **** off.

',;~}~

> > ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
> > Dave (nice-but dumb!)
>
> Slightly less than pleasant poisonous spiders.
> http://www.hobospider.net/info/#Where%20did%20they%20come%20from?
>
> Caught several of the feckurs in my living not long ago.

You been bitten yet?

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 16th 03, 10:21 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> > > Yeah, it shows in both your spelling and punctuation.
> >
> > My keyboard is shot, also - half the keys work half the time, the other
> half
> > work a quarter of the time.
> >
> > > and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
> > >
> > > I'm all weak with fright.
> >
> > That's not fright, it's malnutrition.

> > > Karma for giving us those Hobo spiders.
> >
> > I never gave you Hobo spiders.

> > > Nope. I plan on dying in a very boring way.
> >
> > 'Die like you lived'.

> > > Are you trying to incure the wrath of Kathleen?
> >
> > Kathleen knows better than to pick on me for **** like that, and I'm not
> > scared of any words, from anyone, on freaking Usenet - how ridiculously
> > foolish of me would that be, especially with _my_ wordsmithing
> abilities!?!
> > Ha! Ahem.......

> > time I
> decide

> > > .......... . . . . . . . . . ?
> >
> > Stupid leg licking followers.

> > > That does not mean that you are not dreaming.
> >
> > Like you would know, snoozy-boy.

> > > No, you failed.
> >
> > Not even nearly - I _know_ when I lie or not, anything you have to say
> about
> > it is merely postulation.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >
> Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......

Heheheheh - but I only just gpot here!

> ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
> Dave (nice-but dumb!)

I don't know anything about no hobos spiders it wasn't me.

Shaun aRe - 'Innocent'.

Shaun Rimmer
October 16th 03, 10:34 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> > > and you sir, shall bear my wrath,
> > >
> > > I'm all weak with fright.
> >
> > That's not fright, it's malnutrition.
>
> And what exactly is wrong with cheeseburgers and beer?

You tell me, you're the one with malnutrition.

> > > Karma for giving us those Hobo spiders.
> >
> > I never gave you Hobo spiders.
>
> I said 'us' not 'me'. Duh.

I didn't gave anyone Hobo spiders.

> > > Nope. I plan on dying in a very boring way.
> >
> > 'Die like you lived'.
>
> Oh, great. I gonna die working or cooking. Or choke on a cheeseburger...

Soon?

> > > Are you trying to incure the wrath of Kathleen?
> >
> > Kathleen knows better than to pick on me for **** like that, and I'm not
> > scared of any words, from anyone, on freaking Usenet - how ridiculously
> > foolish of me would that be, especially with _my_ wordsmithing
abilities!?!
> > Ha! Ahem.......
>
> Hell hath no fury as..................

There's no armour like distance. Besides, I've spent a _lot_ of time around
women, some of who were far more vicious than Kathleen could ever hope to
be, should she be so inclined as to hope for such things.

> > time I

> > > .......... . . . . . . . . . ?
> >
> > Stupid leg licking followers.
>
> .......... . . . . . . . . . ?

Well, you just proved the 'stupid' bit right there.

Cheers Cam!

Shaun aRe

Cameron
October 17th 03, 06:33 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> "Cameron" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Dave" > wrote in message
>
> > > Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......
> >
> > Calm yourself, he's married.
>
> I think he was politely telling me to **** off.

Would you be unhappier if I was to impolitely tell you
to go **** off?

> > > ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
> > > Dave (nice-but dumb!)
> >
> > Slightly less than pleasant poisonous spiders.
> > http://www.hobospider.net/info/#Where%20did%20they%20come%20from?
> >
> > Caught several of the feckurs in my living not long ago.
>
> You been bitten yet?

Thankfully, no. But the future is in front of me... :-(

--
Cameron

Cameron
October 17th 03, 06:48 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> > > That's not fright, it's malnutrition.
> >
> > And what exactly is wrong with cheeseburgers and beer?
>
> You tell me, you're the one with mylnatritiksion.

What does that mean professor?
(Yes I tampered with the spelling; keep reading)

> > > I never gave you Hobo spiders.
> >
> > I said 'us' not 'me'. Duh.
>
> I didn't gave anyone Hobo spiders.

Ahem. So are you denying that you are a 'gaving' person?

> > > 'Die like you lived'.
> >
> > Oh, great. I gonna die working or cooking. Or choke on a cheeseburger...
>
> Soon?

Touche! ;-)

> > > Kathleen knows better than to pick on me for **** like that, and I'm not
> > > scared of any words, from anyone, on freaking Usenet - how ridiculously
> > > foolish of me would that be, especially with _my_ wordsmithing
> abilities!?!
> > > Ha! Ahem.......
> >
> > Hell hath no fury as..................
>
> There's no armour like distance.

Did you quote that or write it? I like it.

Besides, I've spent a _lot_ of time around
> women, some of who were far more vicious than Kathleen could ever hope to
> be, should she be so inclined as to hope for such things.

Try spending time around women in real life. (I decided to skip the bike
pump joke)

> > > time I
> decide

> > > Stupid leg licking followers.
> >
> > .......... . . . . . . . . . ?
>
> Well, you just proved the 'stupid' bit right there.

¿Woof?

> Cheers Cam!

Thanks, I think. Still need to get the 2.3 Nok's for the trail bike.............

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 17th 03, 09:45 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message

> > > Calm yourself, he's married.
> >
> > I think he was politely telling me to **** off.
>
> Would you be unhappier if I was to impolitely tell you
> to go **** off?

I am very happy. <change tense> I would remain just as happy regardles of
any words you did or did not use.

> > > Slightly less than pleasant poisonous spiders.
> > > http://www.hobospider.net/info/#Where%20did%20they%20come%20from?
> > >
> > > Caught several of the feckurs in my living not long ago.
> >
> > You been bitten yet?
>
> Thankfully, no. But the future is in front of me... :-(

How far, I mean, we talking in inches or miles?

Shaun aRe

Shaun Rimmer
October 17th 03, 10:03 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> > > And what exactly is wrong with cheeseburgers and beer?
> >
> > You tell me, you're the one with mylnatritiksion.
>
> What does that mean professor?
> (Yes I tampered with the spelling; keep reading)

It means I am far too sharp and quick witted for you to deal with, so you
decided to avoid dealing with me in favour of ****ing about uselessly.

> > > I said 'us' not 'me'. Duh.
> >
> > I didn't gave anyone Hobo spiders.
>
> Ahem. So are you denying that you are a 'gaving' person?

Originally, I'd typed 'I never gave anyone.....', when I changed 'never' to
'didn't', I overlooked changing the 'a' in 'gave' to an 'i' which would have
made the word 'give'. Do you always need the obvious explaining to you,
child?

Anyway, it's ironic you should try to take shots at my spelling, when you
write things like 'Touche' instead of 'Touché', and 'incure' rather than
'incur' ',;~}~

(People in glass hoses etc.)

> > > Oh, great. I gonna die working or cooking. Or choke on a
cheeseburger...

> > Soon?
>
> Touche! ;-)

>',;~}~

> > abilities!?!
> > >
> > > Hell hath no fury as..................
> >
> > There's no armour like distance.
>
> Did you quote that or write it? I like it.

It wasn't a quote, it just stands to reason, so I wrote it.

> Besides, I've spent a _lot_ of time around
> > women, some of who were far more vicious than Kathleen could ever hope
> > be, should she be so inclined as to hope for such things.
>
> Try spending time around women in real life.

With me not modelling my life on yours, I indeed do spend time around women
in real life.

FFS, I'm extremely happily married to a woman with a daughter, and not even
counting the women in my life I've had (ahem) romantic links with, I have a
mother and 2 sisters, my workplace is 80% populated by women, one of my best
friends ever is a woman. Women are great ',;~}~

> (I decided to skip the bike
> pump joke)

It's not a joke unless its funny, but conversely, not everything funny is a
joke.

> > decide
Etc.

> > > .......... . . . . . . . . . ?
> >
> > Well, you just proved the 'stupid' bit right there.
>
> ¿Woof?

Cats everywhere are pointing at you and howling with laughter.

> > Cheers Cam!
>
> Thanks, I think.

Heheheheh, hope you had fun too ',;~}~

> Still need to get the 2.3 Nok's for the trail bike.............

Found any at a good price yet?

Shaun aRe - Think I paid about £15 each for mine.

Dave
October 17th 03, 11:14 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> "Dave" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message
> > >

> > > Shaun aRe
> > >
> > Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......
>
> Calm yourself, he's married.

Yeah, I know, but having followed his cute ass up Snowdon, I couldn't resist
;-) (now there's a rumour started....or supported perhaps)...

> > ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
> > Dave (nice-but dumb!)
>
> Slightly less than pleasant poisonous spiders.
> http://www.hobospider.net/info/#Where%20did%20they%20come%20from?
>
> Caught several of the feckurs in my living not long ago.
>
> --
> Cameron

F*CK......little f*ckers....can lead to amputation!!
Y'know, sometimes I'm sure this (UK) was the original garden of eden. I
mean, apart from the rain that we occasionally get (which is never THAT bad
and helps keep it a green and pleasant land), it's pretty gorgeous. Lots of
variety in the landscape, ok, no deserts, but we got some nice
beaches.....nothing to the extreme, all very nice and, most importantly NO
F*CKING SHORT SIGHTED SPIDERS!!! ...or any other predators for that matter.
At worst a minor sting, being a mild irritant (unless you're really unlucky
and go into anaphylactic (s?) shock).....It really makes me grateful
that I love this land so much that I never venture far from it's shores when
I see documentaries and such about insects that lay eggs under the skin
which turn into massive maggots with the munchies that subsequently EAT YA
from the inside out and sharks that fancy 'uman ho-duvets and the
like....nature?...sooner we get rid of it, the better!!! - part from some
interestin' veg ;-)
Dave.

Shaun Rimmer
October 17th 03, 01:31 PM
"Dave" > wrote in message

> "Cameron" > wrote in message

> > > Go Shaun, go Shaun, go Shaun.......
> >
> > Calm yourself, he's married.
> >
> Yeah, I know, but having followed his cute ass up Snowdon, I couldn't
resist
> ;-) (now there's a rumour started....or supported perhaps)...

It's certainly no rumour - I genuinely do have a cute arse.

> > > ps - wtf are Hobo Spiders ???
> > > Dave (nice-but dumb!)
> >
> > Slightly less than pleasant poisonous spiders.
> > http://www.hobospider.net/info/#Where%20did%20they%20come%20from?
> >
> > Caught several of the feckurs in my living not long ago.
> >
> > --
> > Cameron
> >
> F*CK......little f*ckers....can lead to amputation!!
> Y'know, sometimes I'm sure this (UK) was the original garden of eden. I
> mean, apart from the rain that we occasionally get (which is never THAT
bad
> and helps keep it a green and pleasant land), it's pretty gorgeous. Lots
of
> variety in the landscape, ok, no deserts, but we got some nice
> beaches.....nothing to the extreme, all very nice and, most importantly NO
> F*CKING SHORT SIGHTED SPIDERS!!!

Yup - 'strue! All UK spiders have an optics plan funded by the NaHS.

> ...or any other predators for that matter.
> At worst a minor sting, being a mild irritant

It wasn't a very mild irritant when I picked up an open can of Red Bull
morning after a major party, and got myself stung on the tongue by a
humongous (and shortly thereafter extremely deceased) wasp. I ****ing hate
wasps.

> (unless you're really unlucky
> and go into anaphylactic (s?)

(yous sp. it correct AFAICT)

> shock).....It really makes me grateful
> that I love this land so much that I never venture far from it's shores
when
> I see documentaries and such about insects that lay eggs under the skin
> which turn into massive maggots with the munchies that subsequently EAT YA
> from the inside out and sharks that fancy 'uman ho-duvets and the
> like

Heheheheh........

>....nature?...sooner we get rid of it, the better!!! - part from some
> interestin' veg ;-)

Heheheheh, you made oye larf! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Cameron
October 21st 03, 04:12 AM
"Shaun Rimmer" > wrote in message ...

> > > You tell me, you're the one with mylnatritiksion.
> >
> > What does that mean professor?
> > (Yes I tampered with the spelling; keep reading)
>
> It means I am far too sharp and quick witted for you to deal with, so you
> decided to avoid dealing with me in favour of ****ing about uselessly.

That's a Red Herring. Back up your claim, boy.

<tapping foot impatiently>

Not any more. From now on I'll just assume that you are a **** up. ;-)

> Anyway, it's ironic you should try to take shots at my spelling, when you
> write things like 'Touche' instead of 'Touché', and 'incure' rather than
> 'incur' ',;~}~
>
> (People in glass hoses etc.)

Shall we revisit my incoherent declaration of inconsistency?

> cheeseburger...
> > >
> > > Soon?
> >
> > Touche! ;-)
>
> >',;~}~

Your welcome. :-)

> I have a
> mother and 2 sisters, my workplace is 80% populated by women, one of my best
> friends ever is a woman. Women are great ',;~}~

I totally agree, just learn how to write. (That would be "two sisters".)

> > (I decided to skip the bike
> > pump joke)
>
> It's not a joke unless its funny, but conversely, not everything funny is a
> joke.

I know a lot of jokes that aren't funny. That's also why I skipped the one that
came to mind...

> > > Well, you just proved the 'stupid' bit right there.
> >
> > ¿Woof?
>
> Cats everywhere are pointing at you and howling with laughter.

What else is new? Cats laugh at the human "sucker" race everyday.

> > Still need to get the 2.3 Nok's for the trail bike.............
>
> Found any at a good price yet?
>
> Shaun aRe - Think I paid about £15 each for mine.

Nice. So far I have found the G's DH casing for $45-$60. Of
course I would have to pay shipping (and possibly tax) for the $45's.
Have you any experience with the NBXs'? I think they have them in
50 durometer, and they look like they will shed muck well.

--
Cameron

Shaun Rimmer
October 21st 03, 11:06 AM
"Cameron" > wrote in message

> > > What does that mean professor?
> > > (Yes I tampered with the spelling; keep reading)
> >
> > It means I am far too sharp and quick witted for you to deal with, so
you
> > decided to avoid dealing with me in favour of ****ing about uselessly.
>
> That's a Red Herring.

No, anyone with a clue could see it was a pink salmon.

> Back up your claim, boy.

I don't need to, you're doing all the work for me ',;~}~

> <tapping foot impatiently>

Meds worn off?

> > > Ahem. So are you denying that you are a 'gaving' person?
> >
> > Originally, I'd typed 'I never gave anyone.....', when I changed 'never'
> > 'didn't', I overlooked changing the 'a' in 'gave' to an 'i' which would
have
> > made the word 'give'. Do you always need the obvious explaining to you,
> > child?
>
> Not any more. From now on I'll just assume that you are a **** up. ;-)

Assume away - makes no odds to me ',;~}~

> > Anyway, it's ironic you should try to take shots at my spelling, when
you
> > write things like 'Touche' instead of 'Touché', and 'incure' rather than
> > 'incur' ',;~}~
> >
> > (People in glass hoses etc.)
>
> Shall we revisit my incoherent declaration of inconsistency?

You never left it, and I never visited.

> > cheeseburger...

> > > Touche! ;-)
> >
> > >',;~}~
>
> Your welcome. :-)
>

> > I have a
> > mother and 2 sisters, my workplace is 80% populated by women, one of my
best
> > friends ever is a woman. Women are great ',;~}~
>
> I totally agree, just learn how to write. (That would be "two sisters".)

It matters to you whether I use words or numerals? Well, it doesn't matter
to me - IDGAF.

> > > ¿Woof?
> >
> > Cats everywhere are pointing at you and howling with laughter.
>
> What else is new? Cats laugh at the human "sucker" race everyday.

But they don't laugh at those of us who aren't suckers (i.e. 'me') ',;~}~

> > > Still need to get the 2.3 Nok's for the trail bike.............
> >
> > Found any at a good price yet?
> >
> > Shaun aRe - Think I paid about £15 each for mine.
>
> Nice. So far I have found the G's DH casing for $45-$60.

I believe mine may have been standard casing at that price.

> Of
> course I would have to pay shipping (and possibly tax) for the $45's.
> Have you any experience with the NBXs'? I think they have them in
> 50 durometer, and they look like they will shed muck well.

Nope - no experience with those at all.

Shaun aRe

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home