PDA

View Full Version : Full sus bike

Graham Haller
October 12th 03, 08:05 PM
I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
so far the short list is:-

Ellsworth Truth;
Santa Cruze Blur;
Santa Cruse Superlight;
and Turner 02.

Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

Slacker
October 12th 03, 08:11 PM
"Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> so far the short list is:-
>
> Ellsworth Truth;
> Santa Cruze Blur;
> Santa Cruse Superlight;
> and Turner 02.
>
> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

You might want to mention your height, weight, riding style and terrain.

I would also remove Ellsworth from your list... that man needs to be put out
of business or learn what customer service means, IMO.
--
Slacker

MTBScottie
October 12th 03, 08:23 PM
>Subject: Full sus bike
>From: "Graham Haller"
>Date: 10/12/2003 3:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
>so far the short list is:-
>
>Ellsworth Truth;
>Santa Cruze Blur;
>Santa Cruse Superlight;
>and Turner 02.
>
>Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have
changed radically, along with being replaced by some new radical technology

Stephen Baker
October 12th 03, 09:32 PM
Scottie says:

>Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have
>changed radically, along with being replaced by some new radical technology

Well, DUH! However, in the meantime, he's keeping his eyes on what IS
available. If you would like to present us with the lineup for 2006, so that
he can keep current with what will be available when he's ready, be my guest.

Steve "not holding his breath..."

Pat
October 12th 03, 10:15 PM
x-no-archive:yes

"Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> so far the short list is:-
>
> Ellsworth Truth;
> Santa Cruze Blur;
> Santa Cruse Superlight;
> and Turner 02.
>
> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

Rocky Mountain

Slayer, ETSX-70, ETSX-50

Pat in TX

(Pete Cresswell)
October 12th 03, 10:23 PM
RE/
>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
>so far the short list is:-

You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't suitable
for someone 6'4" or over - even in the largest frame size available.
--
PeteCresswell

Splat Graphics
October 13th 03, 08:19 AM
Giant VT 1-3
:)
I'm getting the VT3 :)
CS
"Pat" > wrote in message
> x-no-archive:yes
>
> "Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> > so far the short list is:-
> >
> > Ellsworth Truth;
> > Santa Cruze Blur;
> > Santa Cruse Superlight;
> > and Turner 02.
> >
> > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
>
> Rocky Mountain
>
> Slayer, ETSX-70, ETSX-50
>
> Pat in TX

bomba
October 13th 03, 08:26 AM
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:23:22 +0000, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:

> RE/
>>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
>>so far the short list is:-
>
> You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't suitable
> for someone 6'4" or over - even in the largest frame size available.

The Superlight has a weight limit of 190 lbs too, IIRC.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Westie
October 13th 03, 10:12 AM
"Splat Graphics" > wrote in message
<snip>
> Giant VT 1-3

A VT?
Not really in the same company as a Blur or Ellsworth, is it?
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Per Löwdin
October 13th 03, 11:23 AM
> Ellsworth Truth;
> Santa Cruze Blur;
> Santa Cruse Superlight;
> and Turner 02.

Titus Switchblade or Racer X
Per
http://www.lowdin.nu

Shaun Rimmer
October 13th 03, 11:28 AM
"Per Löwdin" > wrote in message
> > Ellsworth Truth;
> > Santa Cruze Blur;
> > Santa Cruse Superlight;
> > and Turner 02.
>
> Titus Switchblade or Racer X

Turner - Spademan loves his, and it is an excellent bike, plus, even smelly
old Jock Duff gives them the thumbs-up.

Shaun aRe

B a r r y B u r k e J r .
October 13th 03, 12:44 PM
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:05:44 +0000 (UTC), "Graham Haller"
> wrote:

>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
>so far the short list is:-
>
>Ellsworth Truth;
>Santa Cruze Blur;
>Santa Cruse Superlight;
>and Turner 02.
>
>Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

I love my Giant VT1. Ride as many bikes as you can get your hands
on, then decide.

Barry

Graham Haller
October 13th 03, 07:31 PM
No problem there!! I'm only 5'6" and 9st 10lb

"bomba" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:23:22 +0000, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
>
> > RE/
> >>I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> >>so far the short list is:-
> >
> > You didn't mention height/weight, but at last one of those bikes isn't
suitable
> > for someone 6'4" or over - even in the largest frame size available.
>
> The Superlight has a weight limit of 190 lbs too, IIRC.
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Michael Dart
October 14th 03, 01:47 PM
"JD" > wrote in message
om...
> "Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> > so far the short list is:-
> >
> > Ellsworth Truth;
>
> crap company to deal with
>
> > Santa Cruze Blur;
> > Santa Cruse Superlight;
>
> ****ty design, fab and materials
>
> > and Turner 02.
>
> ok
>
> > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
>
> see above
>
> JD

I saw my first La Bruja in person last weekend. One of the guys who works
for Snowshoe rides/races sport DH on it. Beauty of a bike. Graham should
add it (or one of their other rides) to his list.

http://www.ventanausa.com

Mike

spademan o---[\) *
October 14th 03, 02:32 PM
"Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> so far the short list is:-
>
> Ellsworth Truth;
> Santa Cruze Blur;
> Santa Cruse Superlight;
> and Turner 02.
>
> Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????

No experience with the O2 but I have a Turner RFX and its superb, the basic
design hasn't changed for 9 years.

Steve.

JD
October 14th 03, 06:46 PM
"spademan o---[\) *" > wrote in message >...
> "Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> > so far the short list is:-
> >
> > Ellsworth Truth;
> > Santa Cruze Blur;
> > Santa Cruse Superlight;
> > and Turner 02.
> >
> > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
> >

> No experience with the O2 but I have a Turner RFX and its superb, the basic
> design hasn't changed for 9 years.

But that can't be because the magazine reading am-b jester, howdie
spankie wrote this: "Two years from now, those models either may not
be available or may have changed radically, along with being replaced
by some new radical technology" and he thinks he's always right.

JD

October 14th 03, 08:48 PM
(Stephen Baker) wrote in message >...
> Scottie says:
>
> >Two years from now, those models either may not be available or may have
> >changed radically, along with being replaced by some new radical technology
>
> Well, DUH! However, in the meantime, he's keeping his eyes on what IS
> available. If you would like to present us with the lineup for 2006, so that
> he can keep current with what will be available when he's ready, be my guest.
>
> Steve "not holding his breath..."

Thanks for your response, you make as much sense as asking about a
model that is available now but may not be purchased for up to two
years from now.

Graham Haller
October 14th 03, 09:42 PM
"Michael Dart" > wrote in message

> "JD" > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Graham Haller" > wrote in message
> > > I'm looking to upgrade to a full sus, at least within the next 2 years
> > > so far the short list is:-
> > >
> > > Ellsworth Truth;
> >
> > crap company to deal with
> >
> > > Santa Cruze Blur;
> > > Santa Cruse Superlight;
> >
> > ****ty design, fab and materials
> >
> > > and Turner 02.
> >
> > ok
> >
> > > Any one got any additions or faults/praise for the current list????
> >
> > see above
> >
> > JD
>
> I saw my first La Bruja in person last weekend. One of the guys who works
> for Snowshoe rides/races sport DH on it. Beauty of a bike. Graham should
> add it (or one of their other rides) to his list.
>
> http://www.ventanausa.com
>
> Mike

Not to keen on the look of the 'La Bruja' but the 'El Fuego' and 'El
Saltamontes' certainly look
interesting..

Stephen Baker
October 14th 03, 09:56 PM
Scottieski says:

>Thanks for your response, you make as much sense as asking about a
>model that is available now but may not be purchased for up to two
>years from now.

That made about as much sense as your previous reply. At least you're
consistent.

Steve

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home