PDA

View Full Version : Trail work...

Roger Buchanan
October 15th 03, 09:57 PM
Long time no post...I know...I know... Heh-heh-heh... :-)

Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
construction point of view.

One of the local clubs was having a trail building day, so I volunteered
my time. With no real experience I think I got the better of the deal
though. I learned about the types of tools that are used... thank God
for pruning shears, as well as how to make the most of the existing
topography. When there are no really big climbs or descents, a trail
builder needs to take advantage of every root, boulder, downed log and
off camber section they can find. Make it all twisty-turny and you've
got yourself a fun and challenging trail! With trail cutting slow and
steady wins the race.

With enough rakes, shears, saws...etc, we cut a pretty nice extention to
an already existing trail. It's a section that is a little more
technical than the rest of the trail. As such, although it's only 30% of
the overall loop, it will take about 50% of the total lap time to get
around. Not to give too much away, but can you say "HOW wide are my
bars???"

It's not something that I'll likely be able to ride, but it was worth
kicking in the time just to know that people will be enjoying it as
either an advanced recreational trail, or when it gets used for races
next year. (I'll be sure to help out at the races, just to see how well
the trail "performs")

My next job will to be to go out there sometime soon with a garden rake
and clean all the leaves off of the trail. That way when winter arrives
the snow will help pack down the trail underneath, so that things are a
little firmer when the first riders of the trail next spring help
"ride-in" the new singletrack.

If you haven't taken part in a trail crew day, I'd highly recommend
volunteering some time. The people are fun, you get to learn lots about
the trails you ride, and it's a great way to generate good will with the
land managers, not to mention giving back to a sport that sorely needs
help at the grassroots level.

Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
for me :-(

Good riding to ya everybody!!
--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Stephen Baker
October 15th 03, 10:34 PM
Rog says:

<snip good trail-building stuff>

>Good riding to ya everybody!!

And to you. Good to see you back.

Steve "keep the sticky side OUT!!!"

John Harlow
October 15th 03, 11:25 PM
> Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
> construction point of view.

Thanks to you and all those who help keep our trails healthy.

One thing I may suggest though; go lightly as possible with your rake - do
just what's necessary to clear out the big sticks from jumping up in your
drivetrain. It'll eventually all become compressed and form a nice base,
and help prevent erosion. If necessary, use large sticks on both sides of
the trail to help demarcate it (and keep the barneys in line).

MattB
October 15th 03, 11:31 PM
"Roger Buchanan" > wrote in message
> Long time no post...I know...I know... Heh-heh-heh... :-)

Hey, Rog. Nice to hear from you!

> Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
> construction point of view.

<snip trail crew report>

Cool. It is a good thing to put your time in, both from an education and a
due paying point of view.

> Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
> saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
> for me :-(

Excellent! Keep at it!

Matt

Paladin
October 16th 03, 05:29 AM
Roger Buchanan wrote:

> Long time no post...I know...I know... Heh-heh-heh... :-)
>
> Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
> saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
> for me :-(
>
> Good riding to ya everybody!!

Well, well, well! If that doesn't just make my day! How great to hear
from you, Rog! And to hear yer out bustin yer hump with axes and
shovels, to boot. Way to go, and thanks for checking in.

Paladin
One of your original fans, and a shameless groupie, I admit

Shaun Rimmer
October 16th 03, 09:21 AM
"Roger Buchanan" > wrote in message

<snipped good work and fun had!>

Great to hear from ya Rog.

> Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
> saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
> for me :-(

Brilliant. This mean you're gonna be posting up a thousand K's of RR soon?

> Good riding to ya everybody!!

Take care,

Shaun aRe

D H
October 16th 03, 01:28 PM
"John Harlow" > wrote in message
> > Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
> > construction point of view.
>
> Thanks to you and all those who help keep our trails healthy.
>
> One thing I may suggest though; go lightly as possible with your rake - do
> just what's necessary to clear out the big sticks from jumping up in your
> drivetrain. It'll eventually all become compressed and form a nice base,
> and help prevent erosion. If necessary, use large sticks on both sides of
> the trail to help demarcate it (and keep the barneys in line).

Be very careful how you use sticks/logs on the side of the trail to mark
it out. It can work in SOME cases but often causes problems. This was done
in our state parks (ie. Douthat State Park close to me) and caused terrible
damage to the trails. This has been done in many cases where the water
should cross the trail from the high side to the low side and then dump out
of the trail. Instead, the water is held IN the trail by the logs/sticks and
forced to run with the trail instead of exiting across, causing much more
erosion than it otherwise would. You need to be sure not to use this method
anywhere that the water will be trapped by it. The more your trailbed sinks
below the level of surrounding terrain and the more slope there is to the
ground, the more this method causes trouble. In a perfectly flat area, it
may not cause problems.
Another downside to this method is that the logs/sticks on the sides
eventually (maybe a long time, I'll admit) end up falling or getting knocked
back into the trail, typically on an angle almost running with the trail but
crossing it on a slight angle. When a rider has no time to avoid them, they
become potential derailler or wheel eaters or cause a crash This may be a
lesser concern than the first one, but still worth considering. I would
suggest that if you really need to mark the trail, some kind of small flags
stuck in the ground on one side can mark it, and later be removed easily
once the trail is established. (Your power company and phone companies often
use these flags to mark out planned underground cable lines.) Better yet,
just get the folks out there several days en masse to really hit it well and
help the bed to pack down.
--
Off to ride the mountains, D H
Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

Carla A-G
October 16th 03, 01:48 PM
"Roger Buchanan" > wrote in message
> Long time no post...I know...I know... Heh-heh-heh... :-)
>
> Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
> construction point of view.
>
> One of the local clubs was having a trail building day, so I volunteered
> my time. With no real experience I think I got the better of the deal
> though. I learned about the types of tools that are used... thank God
> for pruning shears, as well as how to make the most of the existing
> topography. When there are no really big climbs or descents, a trail
> builder needs to take advantage of every root, boulder, downed log and
> off camber section they can find. Make it all twisty-turny and you've
> got yourself a fun and challenging trail! With trail cutting slow and
> steady wins the race.
>
> With enough rakes, shears, saws...etc, we cut a pretty nice extention to
> an already existing trail. It's a section that is a little more
> technical than the rest of the trail. As such, although it's only 30% of
> the overall loop, it will take about 50% of the total lap time to get
> around. Not to give too much away, but can you say "HOW wide are my
> bars???"
>
> It's not something that I'll likely be able to ride, but it was worth
> kicking in the time just to know that people will be enjoying it as
> either an advanced recreational trail, or when it gets used for races
> next year. (I'll be sure to help out at the races, just to see how well
> the trail "performs")
>
> My next job will to be to go out there sometime soon with a garden rake
> and clean all the leaves off of the trail. That way when winter arrives
> the snow will help pack down the trail underneath, so that things are a
> little firmer when the first riders of the trail next spring help
> "ride-in" the new singletrack.
>
> If you haven't taken part in a trail crew day, I'd highly recommend
> volunteering some time. The people are fun, you get to learn lots about
> the trails you ride, and it's a great way to generate good will with the
> land managers, not to mention giving back to a sport that sorely needs
> help at the grassroots level.
>
> Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
> saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
> for me :-(
>
> Good riding to ya everybody!!

Welcome back, Rog. Glad to hear that you're doing well, keep up the good
work!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Michael Dart
October 16th 03, 02:06 PM
"D H" > wrote in message news:1066307758.559535@cache3...
> "John Harlow" > wrote in message
> > > Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
> > > construction point of view.
> >
> > Thanks to you and all those who help keep our trails healthy.
> >
> > One thing I may suggest though; go lightly as possible with your rake -
do
> > just what's necessary to clear out the big sticks from jumping up in
your
> > drivetrain. It'll eventually all become compressed and form a nice
base,
> > and help prevent erosion. If necessary, use large sticks on both sides
of
> > the trail to help demarcate it (and keep the barneys in line).
>
> Be very careful how you use sticks/logs on the side of the trail to
mark
> it out. It can work in SOME cases but often causes problems. This was done
> in our state parks (ie. Douthat State Park close to me) and caused
terrible
> damage to the trails. This has been done in many cases where the water
> should cross the trail from the high side to the low side and then dump
out
> of the trail. Instead, the water is held IN the trail by the logs/sticks
and
> forced to run with the trail instead of exiting across, causing much more
> erosion than it otherwise would. You need to be sure not to use this
method
> anywhere that the water will be trapped by it. The more your trailbed
sinks
> below the level of surrounding terrain and the more slope there is to the
> ground, the more this method causes trouble. In a perfectly flat area, it
> may not cause problems.
> Another downside to this method is that the logs/sticks on the sides
> eventually (maybe a long time, I'll admit) end up falling or getting
knocked
> back into the trail, typically on an angle almost running with the trail
but
> crossing it on a slight angle. When a rider has no time to avoid them,
they
> become potential derailler or wheel eaters or cause a crash This may be a
> lesser concern than the first one, but still worth considering. I would
> suggest that if you really need to mark the trail, some kind of small
flags
> stuck in the ground on one side can mark it, and later be removed easily
> once the trail is established. (Your power company and phone companies
often
> use these flags to mark out planned underground cable lines.) Better yet,
> just get the folks out there several days en masse to really hit it well
and
> help the bed to pack down.
> --
> Off to ride the mountains, D H
> Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

You live near Douthat? I love riding there. Harlow and I are down in
Richmond. I agree with your concerns using logs to line a trail. We did
that at Pocahontas SP and ran into some of the same problems. John is
correct in not raking down to mineral dirt. (At least east coast trail
building) We learned to rake just to the 'duff' or root mat. As it is
ridden the earth underneath compacts while the duff wears off leaving a
perfect trail surface without turning into a mud bog.

Mike

JD
October 16th 03, 02:33 PM
Roger Buchanan > wrote in message >...
<snip a good yob>
> Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
> saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
> for me :-(

bueno

> Good riding to ya everybody!!

y tu mi amigo

JD

Kathleen
October 16th 03, 06:15 PM
Hi Rog!

Roger Buchanan wrote:

> Long time no post...I know...I know... Heh-heh-heh... :-)

That's life, eh?

> Well, the past couple of weeks have been interesting from a trail
> construction point of view.
>
> One of the local clubs was having a trail building day, so I volunteered
> my time. With no real experience I think I got the better of the deal
> though. I learned about the types of tools that are used... thank God
> for pruning shears, as well as how to make the most of the existing
> topography. When there are no really big climbs or descents, a trail
> builder needs to take advantage of every root, boulder, downed log and
> off camber section they can find. Make it all twisty-turny and you've
> got yourself a fun and challenging trail! With trail cutting slow and
> steady wins the race.
>
> With enough rakes, shears, saws...etc, we cut a pretty nice extention to
> an already existing trail. It's a section that is a little more
> technical than the rest of the trail. As such, although it's only 30% of
> the overall loop, it will take about 50% of the total lap time to get
> around. Not to give too much away, but can you say "HOW wide are my
> bars???"
>
> It's not something that I'll likely be able to ride, but it was worth
> kicking in the time just to know that people will be enjoying it as
> either an advanced recreational trail, or when it gets used for races
> next year. (I'll be sure to help out at the races, just to see how well
> the trail "performs")

Sounds pretty challenging. I dunno if I'd be able to ride it, either.

> My next job will to be to go out there sometime soon with a garden rake
> and clean all the leaves off of the trail. That way when winter arrives
> the snow will help pack down the trail underneath, so that things are a
> little firmer when the first riders of the trail next spring help
> "ride-in" the new singletrack.
>
> If you haven't taken part in a trail crew day, I'd highly recommend
> volunteering some time. The people are fun, you get to learn lots about
> the trails you ride, and it's a great way to generate good will with the
> land managers, not to mention giving back to a sport that sorely needs
> help at the grassroots level.
>
> Oh yeah... on a personal note, I've got over a thousand kilometers of
> saddle time. Not bad considering last season was a complete write-off
> for me :-(

That's great! You're ahead of me by at least 100 kilometers.

> Good riding to ya everybody!!

Kathleen

D H
October 17th 03, 03:27 PM
"Michael Dart" > wrote in message

> You live near Douthat? I love riding there. Harlow and I are down in
> Richmond. I agree with your concerns using logs to line a trail. We did
> that at Pocahontas SP and ran into some of the same problems. John is
> correct in not raking down to mineral dirt. (At least east coast trail
> building) We learned to rake just to the 'duff' or root mat. As it is
> ridden the earth underneath compacts while the duff wears off leaving a
> perfect trail surface without turning into a mud bog.
>
> Mike

Yeah, Mike, I'm about 10 miles from the center of the park, and Douthat
is my main fishin' hole for riding. I maintain the trails there pretty much
constantly as I ride, on a volunteer basis. (It sure gets under my skin when
I see the park people pay to have stuff done wrong, but they just don't know
any better and are more concerned with showing that _something_ got done,
I'm afraid.)
We fared very well from Isabel; I cleaned about 2/3 of the park in one
day, mainly limbs and small stuff, with very few trees downed. Another guy
got most of the rest of them a couple days later. I really feel for you guys
out there where it slammed you. If you're coming out this way, give me a
shout beforehand if you want to see some stuff outside the park. Some of the
wilder stuff is awesome. I've been riding some rock garden stuff and extra
remote bushwhacking trails lately, and it's been a blast. Takes some good
climbing to get there, though, so you have to pay the price (which is well
worth it!) I'd be glad to have company, and if you like technically
challenging stuff, I promise the other trails will put an even bigger smile
on your face than the ones inside the park! We can do either, though, it's
your call.
I sent a separate copy of this to you so you'll have my email address.
--
Off to ride the mountains, D H
Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

Roger Buchanan
October 21st 03, 12:24 AM
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> Brilliant. This mean you're gonna be posting up a thousand K's of RR soon?

Heh... Even I don't have enough words for a thousand K's of RR's <grin>

--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Roger Buchanan
October 21st 03, 12:38 AM
Roger Buchanan wrote:
> My next job will to be to go out there sometime soon with a garden rake
> and clean all the leaves off of the trail.

Well today was the day. I went out to the newly cut trail and started
cleaning off the leaves. Managed to get the whole dang section of new
trail cleaned up. About 1.6km, or just over a mile. Boy my arms are
sore!

With all the leaves out of the way the *real* contour lines are showing
up along the trail. Heh-heh, some sections are even steeper than some
might have thought at first glance.

I didn't move anything below the level of the leaf litter, 'cept for
maybe a stick or two...

The highlight of the day was when I came across two White-tail deer as I
walked into the trailhead. I was heading into the wind so I saw them
before they could hear/smell me. They knew I was there eventually, but
weren't at all concerned. Until I put up my arms and went "BOOOOOOOOO!"
They certainly deserve the knickname "Jumpers" by the way they
responded... heh-heh-heh...

Good riding to all of you folks!!!

--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Roger Buchanan
October 21st 03, 12:45 AM
MattB wrote:
> Cool. It is a good thing to put your time in, both from an education and a
> due paying point of view.

My attitude is if I can't ride those trails, errrr, rather "attempt" to
ride those trails anymore, the least I can do is help work on them so
others can enjoy them.

I've found that even by just working on the trail I can get an
appreciation for it's flow, and level of difficulty. Some of the flow is
just outright malicious... <grin>. I mean, a section like "descent",
"off-camber-turn", "tight gap" then "log"..."flat". That's gonna be fun
come race day...

--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Roger Buchanan
October 21st 03, 12:49 AM
Paladin wrote:
> Well, well, well! If that doesn't just make my day! How great to hear
> from you, Rog! And to hear yer out bustin yer hump with axes and
> shovels, to boot.

Heh... more like "breaking a sweat" and "bending a nail". But your
phrase manages to get the point across.

> Paladin
> One of your original fans, and a shameless groupie, I admit

Methinks I've lost my touch though...

Remember your "broken ribs" incident way back when? You were in the
recliner for a few weeks... I think I beat that poor record last year
(though not by choice)
--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Roger Buchanan
October 21st 03, 12:59 AM
Kathleen wrote:

> > It's not something that I'll likely be able to ride, but it was worth
> > kicking in the time just to know that people will be enjoying it as
> > either an advanced recreational trail, or when it gets used for races
> > next year. (I'll be sure to help out at the races, just to see how well
> > the trail "performs")
>
> Sounds pretty challenging. I dunno if I'd be able to ride it, either.

I have to take into consideration my medical condition now when I come
to thinking about riding new stuff. Both Linda, and my doctors, consider
wrecking on my bike to be a "contact sport", and something that *must*
be avoided <sigh>. Besides, I don't bruise for a few days now... when I
wreck I bruise bad, and for a few weeks. Welcome to the wonderful world
of anticoagulants, vasodilators and beta-blockers etc...:-P

I'm sure that you'd be able to manage the trail just fine. Though I
wouldn't mind seeing you attempt one certain section of the trail <evil
grin>.

--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Shaun Rimmer
October 21st 03, 10:38 AM
"Roger Buchanan" > wrote in message

> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> >
> > Brilliant. This mean you're gonna be posting up a thousand K's of RR
soon?

> Heh... Even I don't have enough words for a thousand K's of RR's <grin>

Shame that - the hole you left in your absence has remained unfilled. (I
have lots of words, but amongst other things, I ain't got the rides!
Heheheheh).

Shaun aRe

Paladin
October 21st 03, 04:41 PM
Roger Buchanan > wrote in message >...
> Paladin wrote:
> > Paladin
> > One of your original fans, and a shameless groupie, I admit
>
> Methinks I've lost my touch though...
>
> Remember your "broken ribs" incident way back when? You were in the
> recliner for a few weeks... I think I beat that poor record last year
> (though not by choice)

Sorry to hear of your involuntary sedentariness.

It's a sure sign of old-fart-type senility to sit around comparing
ailments, but I spent about 5 mos sleeping in a recliner, while my
ribs, shoulder and collar bone healed up. I think that adventure
installed a permanent "governor" on my downhilling speed.

Paladin

Roger Buchanan
October 22nd 03, 05:18 PM
Paladin wrote:
> Sorry to hear of your involuntary sedentariness.
>
> It's a sure sign of old-fart-type senility to sit around comparing
> ailments, but I spent about 5 mos sleeping in a recliner, while my

8 months for me... in the thing almost 24x7.

> ribs, shoulder and collar bone healed up. I think that adventure
> installed a permanent "governor" on my downhilling speed.

No such "impairment" for me though. I came outta the ordeal about 110lbs
lighter and actually was able to approach what might be considered as
posing for almost fast. Once I got my legs under me that is.

Still now what I would recommend for a "weight loss" or "training
program" though.

--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Paladin
October 22nd 03, 10:22 PM
Roger Buchanan > wrote in message >...
> Paladin wrote:
> > Sorry to hear of your involuntary sedentariness.
> >
> > It's a sure sign of old-fart-type senility to sit around comparing
> > ailments, but I spent about 5 mos sleeping in a recliner, while my
>
> 8 months for me... in the thing almost 24x7.

Oh, no! I thought I'd set the record. Jimminy Christmas, Man, you
could be the poster-child for Barcalounger or La-Z Boy. Did you find
some configurations in the chair to make uhm, er, relations,
comfortable? I naturally thought up a bunch, (after all, *everything*
wasn't broken, you know) but couldn't talk my wife into trying very
many of them. Spoilsport.

> > ribs, shoulder and collar bone healed up. I think that adventure
> > installed a permanent "governor" on my downhilling speed.
>
> No such "impairment" for me though. I came outta the ordeal about 110lbs
> lighter and actually was able to approach what might be considered as
> posing for almost fast. Once I got my legs under me that is.
>
> Still now what I would recommend for a "weight loss" or "training
> program" though.

I'll bet there are easier ways. So how's your heart? Be thinking
about coming out for AMB-ID 2004 this next summer. Even if you don't
feel like riding much, the company would be good, the setting pretty
fantastic, and we'll take good care of y'all.

Paladin

Penny S
October 22nd 03, 11:37 PM
Paladin spray painted on a boxcar:
> Roger Buchanan > wrote in message
>>
> I'll bet there are easier ways. So how's your heart? Be thinking
> about coming out for AMB-ID 2004 this next summer. Even if you don't
> feel like riding much, the company would be good, the setting pretty
> fantastic, and we'll take good care of y'all.
>
> Paladin

Shuttle driver.

;-)

Chris Glidden
October 22nd 03, 11:46 PM
"Paladin" wrote

>Be thinking
> about coming out for AMB-ID 2004 this next summer. Even if you don't
> feel like riding much, the company would be good, the setting pretty
> fantastic, and we'll take good care of y'all.
>
> Paladin

Are there any dates in mind for this yet?

cg

MPD Blue
October 23rd 03, 12:37 AM
WELCOME BACK ROG!!!!!

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Paladin
October 23rd 03, 03:54 AM
Penny S wrote:

> Paladin spray painted on a boxcar:
>
>>Roger Buchanan > wrote in message
>>
>>I'll bet there are easier ways. So how's your heart? Be thinking
>>about coming out for AMB-ID 2004 this next summer. Even if you don't
>>feel like riding much, the company would be good, the setting pretty
>>fantastic, and we'll take good care of y'all.
>>
>>Paladin
>>

> Shuttle driver.
>
> ;-)

That'll work. The cabin is pretty well suited to other extreem sports than just mountain biking.

Such as leaning, snoozing, loafing, drinking, strolling, girl-watching
(there is a beach just 100 feet away).

Paladin

Roger Buchanan
October 23rd 03, 10:54 PM
Paladin wrote:
> Oh, no! I thought I'd set the record. Jimminy Christmas, Man, you
> could be the poster-child for Barcalounger or La-Z Boy.

Yeah, my ticket to immortality, eh?

> I'll bet there are easier ways. So how's your heart?

As far as I know it's okay. I kinda wonder about how useful a heart rate
monitor would be though, seeing as how I'm on beta-blockers. My main
problem (i.e. pain in the neck) is how badly I bruise. Well, that and
the "no contact sports" clause in my contract. <weak grin>

Be thinking
> about coming out for AMB-ID 2004 this next summer. Even if you don't
> feel like riding much, the company would be good, the setting pretty
> fantastic, and we'll take good care of y'all.

"AMB-ID 2004"?? I take it some kinda gathering out in your neck of the
woods?

It ain't that I don't feel like riding, it's that my type of trails are
limited to the really easy, flatlander type of trails. That said, >any<
riding is better than no riding!!!

--
NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

- Rog

Penny S
October 23rd 03, 11:01 PM
Roger Buchanan spray painted on a boxcar:
> Be thinking
>> about coming out for AMB-ID 2004 this next summer. Even if you don't
>> feel like riding much, the company would be good, the setting pretty
>> fantastic, and we'll take good care of y'all.
>
> "AMB-ID 2004"?? I take it some kinda gathering out in your neck of the
> woods?

here's 2002:
http://bbauer.gomen.org/idaho/

if you google AMB-ID you'll prbably get 6 different ride reports from this
year

Penny

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home