PDA

View Full Version : 29er update (woe's me)

jagur
August 20th 03, 11:54 PM
i had my 29er together and running for the last week but do to a
compatability problem between the Profile cranx and the Prototype hub
its just not right.

i just took the whole wheel apart today.

this has been a long project,about a year almost since the thought
crossed my mind and its only fitting that once i get the thing
together,i have to tear it apart again right...?

the full story with more pic's is due sometime in the next couple of
weeks.

| Attachment filename: full wheel1.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158045|

jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

jagur
August 21st 03, 06:56 PM
Mojoe wrote:
> *
>
> You going to spring for a Profile hub for it now?? *

yeah most likely.its to bad i was really looking forward to riding this
SH prototype hub.

i just hope my spokes work,they are butted DT's and i paid a buck for
each of them.hopefully i can rebuild a new hub without any problems.its
going to be an extra challenge since im not going to peel off my 5
dollar roll of Velox rim strip,im gonna need to bend'em a bit,since the
nipples cant move out beyond the rim for lacing.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Mojoe
August 21st 03, 07:23 PM
Hey jagur,

I've peeled off and re-applied Velox rim strips before. They remain
tacky enough to stick again. If you have any doubt, just use some
electrical tape to hold it where it overlaps at the end. Velox is the
only rim strip I use. I've had way too many flats from the crappy strips
that come stock on bikes.

Mojoe

--
Mojoe - The Muni Militia