PDA

View Full Version : Naucc 2003 Pics

at1pe_uni
August 21st 03, 11:41 PM
After three days of continuous uploading (yes, even through the night),
9 albums with a total of approx. 1200 pictures are available for viewing
in my Ofoto account. Sorry for the lack of pics of the trials, obstacle
course, slow boards and high jump events. There are a great deal of all
the other events. Thanks to Steve D. I combined a few of his Grandpa +
2 pics to round off the one's I have in order to create a fun album. As
with John Foss, if there are any of the pics that you want in full
resolution, just ask!!

http://tinyurl.com/ks5m

Thank you all for a fun and memorable time in Minnesota.
Alan T.

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

Nathan Hoover
August 22nd 03, 01:01 AM
Alan, those are fantastic! Not only did you take the time to upload them
all, but you actually cropped them so they look good. So many people with
digital cameras just post everything they take with no regard to quality.

You're the man!

---Nathan

Darren
August 22nd 03, 06:40 AM
I clicked on the link to view the pictures and it didn't work.
Just me or has anyone else had a problem ?

Nathan,
We missed you and your family at NAUCC !

Darren

--
Darren
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

at1pe_uni
August 22nd 03, 05:23 PM
Darren,
Sorry for the inconvenience! Try the link below:

http://tinyurl.com/ks5m

Let me know how it works!??!
Alan T.:confused:

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

at1pe_uni
August 22nd 03, 11:24 PM
In Nathan's reply to Darren, he explained the trick to the successful
viewing of the NAUCC picteures. You must first register (it is free)
with Ofoto : www.ofoto.com

After you are registered, then click on the link and the photos should
be available for viewing.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Alan T.

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

johnglazer
August 23rd 03, 04:59 AM
The links dont work for me.

--
johnglazer - member of the Hell On Wheel gang

Where is Donnie?
johnglazer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3714

iunicycle
August 23rd 03, 05:54 PM
When I login as myself, and then click on the links provided, it gives
me Alan's email login address, and I'm not logged in anymore. :(

Maybe the links expire after a time?

--
iunicycle - Old back, new cricks
iunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1869

iunicycle
August 23rd 03, 08:05 PM
unimom wrote:
> * If you have any suggestions please help . *

Going to 'ofoto help' seems to indicate that besides needing an account,
Alan needs to add you to a list and send you an email. I dunno why John
Foss' account works there, but it does.

Shoot, I have a feeling he took pictures of events I was actually
interested in, given the list of what he didn't take pictures of.

--
iunicycle - Old back, new cricks
iunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1869

at1pe_uni
August 23rd 03, 08:20 PM
I truly want you all to see the pics. Knowing that the unicycle
community is thoughtful and trustworthy, how about me giving you my
Ofoto login address and password:

atuni

Try to log into my account. Let me know if this approach works.

I called John Foss for advise, but alas, no one was home.

Ofoto requires that I give permission to share one album at a time; and
yes, I have to list all the e-mail addresses for sharing. With nine
albums and I don't know how many want to share, I will be busy all day
entering e-mail addresses. Where's John when I need him??!!??

I hope this works for you!!!!!!

Alan T.

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

KathySusanka
August 23rd 03, 08:42 PM
Alan,
I too, tried it the other way with no luck. Your password worked great.
I thought perhaps it would tell me that I (you) were already logged in.
I wonder if it will allow more than one log-in for the same accout at
one time.

Thanks for taking all the wonderful pictures. Thank you to everyone who
shared their NAUCC pictures with the rest of us, I even found myself in
some of them.

:D

--
KathySusanka

Rock is Dead!
Long live Paper and Sissors!
KathySusanka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4309

Ken Fuchs
August 23rd 03, 08:50 PM
>From: at1pe_uni >

>In Nathan's reply to Darren, he explained the trick to the successful
>viewing of the NAUCC pictures. You must first register (it is free)
>with Ofoto: http://www.ofoto.com/

It is reasonable to require registration to store pictures at a site.

In my opinion, it is _not_ reasonable to require registration just to
view the pictures of others. I don't even like sites that require
cookies to function properly, much less registration. Free is a very
relative concept; it may be free in a monetary sense, but is it really
free in the sense of freedom (from restrictions)? Personally, I would
boycott http://www.ofoto.com/. Others are of course free to use or not
use http://www.ofoto.com/ as they see fit.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs >

at1pe_uni
August 23rd 03, 10:04 PM
For thos who object to Ofoto - try these experimental links:

http://tinyurl.com/kyyn

or:

http://tinyurl.com/kyyo

I am truly sorry for this frustrating situation. When I upgrade to
Jaguar, then I will be able to upload to the Unicylcist Community
gallery.

Have One Wheelly Wonderful Weekend,
Alan T.;)

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

at1pe_uni
August 23rd 03, 10:15 PM
Let it not be said that I haven't tried to accomodate!???!

If all else fails, then try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/kyze

Alan T.

--
at1pe_uni
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

jagur
August 23rd 03, 10:21 PM
those top two links work flawlwessly.Ken's been a squeaky wheel lately
but in this case he's getting the grease.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Ken Fuchs
August 24th 03, 04:36 AM
>at1pe_uni > wrote:

>For those who object to Ofoto - try these experimental links:

>http://tinyurl.com/kyyn

I was able to view your first album via the slideshow without
registering. Thank you!

>or:

>http://tinyurl.com/kyyo

This URL didn't seem to allow the viewing of any album.

>I am truly sorry for this frustrating situation. When I upgrade to
>Jaguar, then I will be able to upload to the Unicyclist Community
>gallery.

I look forward to seeing your other albums of the 2003 NAUCC on the
gallery.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs >

Ken Fuchs
August 24th 03, 04:49 AM
>at1pe_uni > wrote:

>Let it not be said that I haven't tried to accommodate!???!

You have definitely gone the extra mile and more!

>If all else fails, then try this one:

>http://tinyurl.com/kyze

I'm able to view all your 2003 NAUCC albums via this URL. Thank you
again!

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs >

unimom
August 24th 03, 05:56 AM
The pictures are fantastic. Thank You.

--
unimom
unimom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1676

iunicycle
August 24th 03, 08:20 AM
Thanks Mr. T! You had just the events I wanted to see. Jan has been
keeping me up to date on your practices and the Convention, but I really
missed being there.

I looks like your team did great, and best of all was Grampa.

-Tom J.

--
iunicycle - Old back, new cricks
iunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1869

at1pe_uni
August 25th 03, 02:32 PM
Nathan,
Thanks for all of your input! In an earlier post, I included my
password.

It seems that the addresses work for some & not others.

For those still trying to view the 9 albums you can try one of the
addresses listed in earlier posts, or my password:

atuni

I hope that it works for you.

Alan T.:confused:

--
at1pe_uni - Semi-skilled rider
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

johnfoss
August 26th 03, 01:02 AM
Hi, I'm back from Alaska! Pictures from my trip? Duh. It'll take a
while, but they'll be posted. The best wildlife shots were done on film
though, so I don't know if those will ever get scanned and posted.

Meanwhile, back to Ofoto. I agree with Ken that registering to view
photos is a bit much. If I had unlimited space, and as easy a way to
upload as Ofoto offers, I'd store them elsewhere. The forum photo
galleries are great, but not as easy to work with. I use Ofoto for two
reasons:

1. I can order prints. They're good prints, at a reasonable price. Also,
family members (and friends) can order prints and I don't have to do
anything!

2. Ofoto protects my ownership of the images. By showing only
low-resolution versions of the images, they can't be used without
permission except at that size or smaller. Yes, I do occasionally get
paid for my images.

The way I present my images to the "general public" is surely not what
Ofoto intended when it offered all that free storage. I'm "sneaking
around" the system but I think they're okay with it if it encourages
people to order prints, and to possibly use the services for themselves
later on.

Notice to Al Tepper: YOUR ONLINE ALBUMS ARE AT HIGH RISK OF BEING
CUSTOMIZED! Anyone who has your password can change captions, delete,
re-arrange, or otherwise mess with your albums. I thought of using this
method as well, to get around the registration thing, but since my
albums are "public" by being listed on my Web site, total strangers go
in there. I recommend you change your password and then try my method.

My method is to click on the tab to "share photos," and share the albums
with myself (and anyone else you want to notify). They have changed
their system back and forth, so it may or may not offer a check box for
whether you want to require viewers to sign in (register) first. Uncheck
the box if available. You have to do this process one album at a time.
When you receive the email telling you about the new album, you will see
a text version of the URL to that album at the bottom of the email. Copy
that URL and paste it into your HTML as the link to your album!

I'm pretty sure viewers will still have to sign in, but this can be
through their own accounts. Those not willing to create an account must
make that choice, and I can understand why (I had over 500 pieces of
spam in my inbox this morning). To Ofoto's credit, I rarely receive
emails from them. They leave me alone, while allowing me to store
thousands of high-resolution image files so I can order prints whenever
I want. I don't do it often, but when I do it's usually a large order!

Read more about how and why I use Ofoto at my site:
http://www.unicycling.com/ofoto/browsing.htm

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

Chuck Webb
August 26th 03, 02:38 AM
Great photos! Thanks for going the extra mile to make them available
for all of us.

Thanks again
Chuck

--
Chuck Webb

I live in my own little world but its ok...they know me here!

Chuck Webb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1450

at1pe_uni
August 26th 03, 03:03 PM
John,
I can always count on your sage advice. Thanks!!

Below, are the nine links (1/album):

http://tinyurl.com/l86l

http://tinyurl.com/l86m

http://tinyurl.com/l86n

http://tinyurl.com/l86p

http://tinyurl.com/l86q

http://tinyurl.com/l86r

http://tinyurl.com/l86s

http://tinyurl.com/l86t

http://tinyurl.com/l86u

I promise not to pester you all any more with this thread.
Have One Wheelly Wonderful Week,
Alan T.:D

--
at1pe_uni - Semi-skilled rider
at1pe_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1258

Tom Holub
August 26th 03, 11:53 PM
In article >,
johnfoss > wrote:
)
)Meanwhile, back to Ofoto. I agree with Ken that registering to view
)photos is a bit much. If I had unlimited space, and as easy a way to
)upload as Ofoto offers, I'd store them elsewhere. The forum photo
)galleries are great, but not as easy to work with. I use Ofoto for two
)reasons:

What about Shutterfly?
-Tom

Google