PDA

View Full Version : Milestone

Mandell
August 22nd 03, 07:57 AM
I reached a long anticipated milestone today:

I finally tried juggling while riding, and I was able to do it!

To be honest, the best run was only 25 throws, and most were only about
9 or so, but I still feel great.:D

I think that the juggling will help my riding as well since it forces me
to not over-think my riding. I have to spend more of my attention on
the balls and the riding just seems to happen.

I love the feeling of accomplishing something that I have looked forward
to for months.:cool:

-Mandell

--
Mandell - Keen Beginner
Mandell's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3769

GILD
August 22nd 03, 10:45 AM
Mandell wrote:
> *I reached a long anticipated milestone today:
>
> I finally tried juggling while riding, and I was able to do it!*

kewl!
welcome to the path to insanity
i'm working on juggling and turning and idling and juggling at the
moment
took this pic last night
(i figured if i'm going to battle with idling and juggling, i might as
well battle with onefoot idling and juggling)
:)

| Attachment filename: dave.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158259|

GILD - Waffle-tosser

The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he
has
acquired during the first half.
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky

'pleez check this out' (http://www.reuniteluna.com/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

chirokid
August 23rd 03, 04:19 AM
Mandell, it is great to accomplish new feats. Congratulations!!!

I also agree with KK's quote on multi-tasking. Twenty something years
ago when I was learning to juggle, I could actually juggle better while
unicycle riding than while juggling alone. Weird huh, but totally true.

Again, Congratulations!!! --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

gerblefranklin
August 23rd 03, 07:50 AM
Oh yeah, I can face plant WHILE playing unicycle basketball! We need a
smilie with a scar across one cheek:).

--
gerblefranklin

If life had a meaning, would you want to know it?

paco
August 23rd 03, 09:02 AM
Congrats Mandell!
I took up juggling originally because I had my hands free while
unicycling. It's great to know that you can do both (and an excellent
bragging point to people who can't do either!)

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

"One thing is for sure. Inspector Clay is dead. Murdered. And
-somebody's- responsible!"
-Plan 9 From Outer Space
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Google