PDA

View Full Version : Went for a ride

James
August 24th 03, 12:20 PM
We (Ben, Rowan and myself) went for a ride today with a friend of ours
who rides a mountain b*ke. Ben tryed doing a rather technical 7 foot
dropoff onto a nasty landing. After 6 atempts at doing this he decided
it was a bad idea. I think (don't quote me) it had something to do with
the blood!!!!

So tomblackwood this picture is to show you that you arn't the only one
to use your face as a break :D

Ben is alright but cann't move one sholder, i think he should get hard
and try it again. "I will, i just stoped because of the blood and
concusion" he is saying over my sholder. lol

And the best part is that he has WORK TOMOROW!!! HAHAHAHA

| Attachment filename: cap0003.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158517|

James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

treepotato
August 24th 03, 12:22 PM
oooh be that hurt

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

chirokid
August 24th 03, 02:52 PM
As soon a Ben is stable enough to be moved, you should lift his head off
that rat's nest. Laying in that mess cannot be good for his overall
health. :D

"7 foot technical drops?", maybe ignore the rat's nest, get Ben admitted
to the nearest Psych Ward, immediately. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

XWonka
August 25th 03, 12:42 AM
Man... those are some nasty teeth. and that Hair! Yuck! What a dirty
complexion! UGH!

Oh! He's bleeding too!

--
XWonka - Ed, Edd, & Eddy Watcher

Eddy: "My brother told me that chicks are only moved by one thing -
cash!"

Edd: "That is so superficial, Eddy. Female admirers want meaningful
things like sincerity, respect and good grooming"

Ed: "And Potato Chips!"

XWonka: "And Unicycles!"

XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957

James
August 25th 03, 08:30 AM
Here is a video of 'Ben'
(http://www.geocities.com/jp_taranaki/benfall1.mpg) coming off his uni
on the last try he had at the dropoff

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

jagur
August 25th 03, 08:48 AM
your link is bunk.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Rowan
August 25th 03, 09:51 AM
::I think the drop is about 6 foot high, but Ben
flew a couple more feet when his Unicycle catapulted him down the hill
into the lump. His dirty complexion is due to the face plant into the
dirt on the 6th attempt. The fifth attempt was when Ben's shoulder
thumped into the aforementioned lump.
[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/kampf/025.gif]
The bunk link worked for me. If only the clip were to include more of
the highlights, it only shows the grand finale. I am lurking next to the
tree to the right of Ben at the start of the clip, watching the Drop
from above (you can hardly see me in low resolution).**::

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

James
August 25th 03, 10:25 AM
The tecnical one has a root sticking out 1/2 way down, it also have a
slight camber, and after the takeoff you need to twist to land on the
right angel.....there where angels involved, thats what made it hard...

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

jagur
August 25th 03, 10:33 AM
your link is still bunk.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

James
August 25th 03, 11:50 AM
It works for me :confused: hmmmm

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Gumbo
August 25th 03, 12:09 PM
jagur wrote:
> *your link is still bunk. *

Not for me. Right click -> save as, any good?

--
Gumbo
Gumbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3258

GILD
August 25th 03, 12:49 PM
Gumbo wrote:
> *Not for me. Right click -> save as, any good? *

nope, still bunk

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he
has
acquired during the first half.
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky

'pleez check this out' (http://www.reuniteluna.com/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Gumbo
August 25th 03, 01:08 PM
Hmmm, might be general internet brokeness then, cos it worked fine for
me an hour or so ago. There have been a lot of 'issues' over the last
couple of days.

--
Gumbo
Gumbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3258

GILD
August 26th 03, 08:52 AM
jagur wrote:
> *ah....ok.
>
> if you left click you get a "Page not found" thing from yahoo,but if
> you right click "save as" it works...ive never seen that before.
>
> that was definatly some forest crunch. *

when i try n right click and 'save target as', i get an error message
saying that IE couldn't download the file as the site couldn't be opened
or couldn't be found

grrr

:mad:

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he
has
acquired during the first half.
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky

'pleez check this out' (http://www.reuniteluna.com/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

zod
August 26th 03, 12:26 PM
Not being able to download it has to do with them exceeding bandwidth
limitations.......
I grabbed it early this morning b/c nobody had been downloading it for a
while...

Ugly landing :eek: But at least you went for it!!

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

James
August 27th 03, 07:34 AM
lol

i thoguht he would give up after the first try, but no i threw himself
off the drop 6 or 7 times, each with a similur bail as in the video :D

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Google