PDA

View Full Version : curious about 700cc, 28", 29" diff?

Sofa
August 25th 03, 03:08 PM
Hello, I just picked up a 700cc Alex wheel for a guy in my club. I'm
wondering about the 28 or 29 inch difference.

This is what I am thinking, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You take your 700cc rim.

You can put a tire like the 700cc Kenda Kwest on it, but you can also
put a 29" Nanoraptor on it? Or are there different sizes of rims?

Thanks

--
Sofa - My Custom Beard

Remeber this code anybody? :
D,U,L,L,A,R,D

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

m_extreme_uni
August 25th 03, 07:28 PM
my understanding is that 700c tires are also designated as 28". Or at
least that is what it says on the side of my road "kenda Kwest" tire.

It says "700c X 35c - 28 X 1 5/8 X 1 3/8"

This lead me to believe that i could call my tire a 28", and equally a
700c.

Am i wrong assuming this?

-Ryan

--
m_extreme_uni

I must only use these powers to annoy!!!
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

Sofa
August 25th 03, 09:26 PM
thanks everybody. I guess I have the same question as everyone
else...why didn't he just get a Coker?

:D

--
Sofa - My Custom Beard

'London Unicycling Club' (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca)
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

brian.slater
August 26th 03, 02:43 PM
Take a look at this link: 'Tires Sizes' (http://tinyurl.com/l83j) :cool:

It's a lot of information about tire sizes, including how to figure if a
tire will be compatible with a rim. ISO seems to be the best reference
for tire sizes, no differences depending on where you are or what
manufacturer.
I don't remember exactly where I got it from, possibly Sheldon Brown's
web site.:confused:

--
brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

Brian C. Slater
AKA: Snoopy

Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

"To not decide is to decide" - undecided
brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home