PDA

View Full Version : Re: MUni Buying Advice

thinuniking
August 25th 03, 06:44 PM
i think like some others go and buy something with in your buget i got a
nimbus 2 or nimbus 2 style frame with and alex ring dx32(it is pretty
much bomb proof) for £100 i have done some mild off road but it can do
more much more and it can handle 3.4-4ft drops no problem most likly
again it could hadle more i think it is a good starting muni the rest of
the muni is standard but i have put a kh saddle and some fat wellgo
peddles and all important stickers on my uni:cool: it is only a 20" but
i would think it is a good starting point pic should be inclued may be
upside down sorry!

| Attachment filename: scan10011.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158687|

thinuniking - started trails unicycling

unicycle it is your right
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

thinuniking
August 25th 03, 06:46 PM
or maybe just to big

--
thinuniking - started trails unicycling

unicycle it is your right
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

carjug
August 26th 03, 09:23 PM
I recently wrote a review of my pPashley 29er, kind of a semi-muni from
unicycle.com which I darn near memorized while shopping. the review is
in the product reviews section of this site.

Read it, and look for other muni reviews. Most of the time only good
things are said, as we like to think we make smart choices. I have a
question or two for you, where will you be riding, how big are you, and
how old are you? take this into account when looking at the unis.

--
carjug
carjug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1228

carjug
August 27th 03, 02:28 PM
And another thing... By now you have noticed the biggest differences
between munis are the tires and the hubs. I got the 29er because of the
tire. I will wonder what a 3x26 muni can do until I finally get a chance
to try one out. I have a friend who rides a 3x24 and longs for a 26,
I've tried it and can see why. It is slow. My friend likes my Pashley.

--
carjug
carjug's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1228

GILD
August 27th 03, 02:52 PM
thisistrev wrote:
> * I belive it is mainly just one of the many differences between
> generations. *

Younger Generation (John Sebastian)

Why must every generation think their folks are square
And no matter where their heads are they know mom´s ain´t there
Cause I swore when I was small that I´d remember when
I knew what´s wrong with them that I was smaller then

Determined to remember all the cardinal rules
Like sun showers are legal grounds for cutting school
I know I have forgotten maybe one or two
And I hope that I recall them all before the baby´s due
And I knoe he´ll have a question or two

Like "hey Pop, can I go ride my zoom
It goes two hundred miles an hour suspended by balloons
And can I put a droplet of this new stuff on my tongue
And imagine frothing dragons while you sit and wreck your lungs"
And I must be permissive, understanding of the younger generation

Then I´ll know that all I´ve learned my kid assumes
And all my deepest worries must be his cartoons
And still I´ll try to them him all the things I´ve done
Related to what he can do when he becomes a man
And still he´ll stick his fingers in the fan

And "Hey, Pop, my girlfriend´s only three
She´s got her own videophone and she´s taking L.S.D.
And now that we´re best friends she wants to give a bit to me
But what´s the matter Daddy, how come you´re turning green?
Can it be that you can´t live up to your dream?"

1967 Faithful Virtue Music Co., Inc,
The Lovin´Spoonful "Everything Playing"
John Sebastian "Real Live"
John Sebastian "Best Of.."

:)

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he
has
acquired during the first half.
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky

'pleez check this out' (http://www.reuniteluna.com/)