PDA

View Full Version : Re: Into the Thunderdragon

johnfoss
August 27th 03, 07:38 PM
Into the Thunderdragon is a film about two guys traveling through
Bhutan, with unicycles. There is plenty of unicycling, but it's also a
travelogue of Bhutan. In other words, non-unicyclists can watch it. It's
not solid unicycling, or "unicycle porn" as somebody calls videos of
nothing but riding, with no plot or storyline.

Universe II is expected to be completed sometime in September. Don't
bother with a preview, just get ready to order a copy! Plans are to show
the full video at the California MUni Weekend in October. I just have to
figure out how to fit 50+ people into my living room, which is where the
"good" TV is... :)

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

jagur
August 27th 03, 07:42 PM
johnfoss wrote:
> * I just have to figure out how to fit 50+ people into my living room,
> which is where the "good" TV is... :) *
we could just haul it outside if the weathers nice :D

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Nathan Hoover
August 27th 03, 09:13 PM
That will be great to see U2 with a ton of unicyclists - shades of that wild
showing in the bar in China of the first one back in 2000. Nice as it might
be though, John's TV is too big to move! We'll have to squeeze inside. We
could have two showings too (probably will anyway as in China).

---Nathan

john_childs
August 27th 03, 09:16 PM
JJuggle wrote:
> *That would appear to be John Childs in this here 'thread'
> (http://tinyurl.com/le1d). Nice one, JC, very clever.
>
> Raphael Lasar
> Matawan, NJ *

I didn't come up with the "porn" designation for action sports videos.
I've heard mountain bikers refer to MTB action videos as bike porn and
I've heard kayakers refer to kayaking videos as kayak porn. The only
requirement for the "porn" designation is that it's an action sports
video with all action and no plot.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

JJuggle
August 27th 03, 09:24 PM
john_childs wrote:
> *
> I didn't come up with the "porn" designation for action sports videos.
> I've heard mountain bikers refer to MTB action videos as bike porn
> and I've heard kayakers refer to kayaking videos as kayak porn. The
> only requirement for the "porn" designation is that it's an action
> sports video with all action and no plot. *
Well thank you anyway for bringing it to our world.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

Cut up, Maria!
Show me some of them Spanish dances.
Pass me the bottle, Mr Jones.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

tomblackwood
August 27th 03, 09:28 PM
john_childs wrote:
> *The only requirement for the "porn" designation is that it's an
> action sports video with all action and no plot. *

And driving, action-oriented music, ideally without words....

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!

Checkernuts
August 27th 03, 09:32 PM
sorry to burst your bubble there jjuggle but when Into the thunder
dragon first came out there was much talk of bike porn and yes Uni porn
as well....

http://tinyurl.com/41ud

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

See interviews, product reviews, and places to ride, and for all the
latest in the Trials scene
www.momentumbicycletrials.com

Unicycles are welcome dont let the name scare you.
__________________
No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

jagur
August 27th 03, 10:42 PM
paco wrote:
> *, does anyone know if UniVerse II is going to come out on DVD? And
> if so, are there going to be any special features? *
it will be on DVD,and ive been asking for easter eggs for over a year.i
love those eggs.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

chirokid
August 28th 03, 05:00 AM
johnfoss wrote:
> * I just have to figure out how to fit 50+ people into my living room,
> which is where the "good" TV is... :) *

John, allow me to help in this time of need. I invite everyone to my
house for this feature showing of UniVerseII. I have a huge game
room/den in my basement, complete with 57" Widescreen TV with DVD
player.

Plane tickets from CA to TN shouldn't be to bad during October, plus,
I'll plan a really nice ride for right after the showing. Plus, I'll
throw in buttered popcorn for free! :D--chirokid--:D

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

GILD
August 28th 03, 10:45 AM
johnfoss wrote:
> *I just have to figure out how to fit 50+ people into my living room,
> which is where the "good" TV is... :) *

shifts

the best way to ensure EVERYBODY is REAL nice to u till then...

;)

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

jagur
August 28th 03, 10:56 AM
shifts..?...big squeeze into the livingroom room,i dont care...just dont
spill my beer!

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

johnfoss
August 28th 03, 06:25 PM
chirokid wrote:
> *I have a huge game room/den in my basement, complete with 57"
> Widescreen TV with DVD player. Plane tickets from CA to TN shouldn't
> be to bad during October, plus, I'll plan a really nice ride for right
> after the showing. *
Hey, don't schedule your MUni Weekend at the same time as mine (Dan's
coming to mine). You'll get a lot more people if it's on a different
weekend. :)

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

johnfoss
August 28th 03, 06:28 PM
Nathan Hoover wrote:
> *shades of that wild showing in the bar in China of the first one back
> in 2000. *
That was definitely one of the classic moments from UNICON X, and it
would be nice to try an top it. Our crowd won't be as international, but
the floor will definitely be cleaner and the hardware to play it will be
more functional. We can either swing the TV around to face a larger
space, or just cram everyone in. Another possibility is to maybe show it
at the Saturday dinner, if equipment is available at the restauarant.
I'll look into that.

> * We could have two showings too (probably will anyway as in China).
> *
The hard part will probably be keeping it from being shown all night.
The room with the TV in it will also be the main part of the "dorm."

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

ubersquish
August 28th 03, 09:25 PM
where are these sold?

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

ubersquish
August 28th 03, 09:26 PM
whoops, i was meaning to post that on the other thunderdragon thread.
was referring to to universe and those other videos

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

johnfoss
August 28th 03, 11:13 PM
Do you mean other than at unicycle.com?

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

ubersquish
August 29th 03, 04:45 AM
whoops. the 'movies' link on the left made me think there weren't any
anywhere else on the site

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

johnfoss
August 29th 03, 10:17 PM
You have a point there. I think there should be a category labeled
Videos, or the word should be added to the existing category in which
they're found.

Currently, Universe and One Tired Guy are found under "Training Center."
That's a little scary in itself! :)

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

tomblackwood
August 29th 03, 10:57 PM
johnfoss wrote:
> *Currently, Universe and One Tired Guy are found under "Training
> Center." That's a little scary in itself! :) *

Makes perfect sense....for anyone training to ride along the edge of the
Staumus Chief cliff. :D

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!