PDA

View Full Version : 3 stair drop test. (700c)

jagur
August 29th 03, 05:40 AM
the Super 29er is almost compleated but its still not close enough to
give the details.there are just a couple more things to add,then there
will be full disclosure of all the parts that make up this 700c muni
mobile.untill then (2 more weeks) here is a very low rez sneek peek.

i had to test the wheel out after i built it so what better that a 3
stair drop.i wonder how far i can go before,toco

Video link
http://tinyurl.com/lk37

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Rowan
August 29th 03, 06:01 AM
Your link is bunk. [image:
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/springen/fly.gif]

--
Rowan - •·.·´¯`·.·•
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

Mojoe
August 29th 03, 06:04 AM
Rowan wrote:
> *Your link is bunk. *

Ummmm.... No it isn't. Works for me.

Great job jagur. I don't think I'd try that on my 29er.

cheers... Mojoe

--
Mojoe - The Muni Militia

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

jagur
August 29th 03, 08:48 AM
why not? are your 29ers to puny? :rolleyes: <fib a little>
/slash*drunkurd:colon

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

U-Turn
August 29th 03, 04:22 PM
Dang, Jag. Now I have to up the ante with mine.... WILL IT NEVER
END....! ;)

Any idea as to the exact height of that drop?

I've hopped up stairs with mine and down single steps so far.

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

tomblackwood
August 29th 03, 06:42 PM
Mojoe wrote:
> *
>

> Ummmm.... No it isn't. Works for me. *

Not for me. Is there something that needs to be downloaded to play
those .mov files?

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!

Memphis Mud
August 29th 03, 07:01 PM
I got squat. (squat is a lot like bunk)

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

jagur
August 29th 03, 07:24 PM
Tom,Memphis

you need Quicktime to view it,if you have Quicktime then all you need to
do is left click to view it of right click to download it.

here is the link to where it is in the gallery:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq97
maybe it will be easier for you guys to view in there,its last vid on
the bottom.its about 887k

it aint bunk...

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Memphis Mud
August 29th 03, 09:49 PM
jagur wrote:
> *it aint bunk... *

Quicktime did the trick.

I'm scared to do that on my off the rack 29er. When do we hear the
details?

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

jagur
August 30th 03, 02:24 AM
U-Turn wrote:
> *Any idea as to the exact height of that drop?*
its about 25 inches high and i shot out about 3 feet.not the highest
drop in the world but on a 29er it feels reckless.i plan on dropping a
little higher when everything settles a bit.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

tomblackwood
August 30th 03, 02:27 AM
Memphis Mud wrote:
> *
> Quicktime did the trick.*

Yup, same here. Very impressive drop, plus I finally got to watch the
Yoga videos. Does not look like a very efficient way to get around....
:p

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!

Ben Plotkin-Swing
August 30th 03, 02:29 AM
U-Turn wrote:
> *Dang, Jag. Now I have to up the ante with mine.... WILL IT NEVER
> END....! ;)
>
> Any idea as to the exact height of that drop?
>
> I've hopped up stairs with mine and down single steps so far. *

If you've got a 29er you want to test like we did to that Coker I'd be
glad to help:)

Ben

--
Ben Plotkin-Swing

www.benps.com

"Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
cookie.
Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378

DudleyDoRide
August 31st 03, 06:47 PM
Check out the tire bottoming out on the landing, good thing you added
air before the next jump. Might be a good idea to lower the seat in
future testing, hurts me just watching the videos.

So what's next maybe a picnic table? Can't wait to see more testing
footage, keep them coming.

Gene

| Attachment filename: 29erlanding.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/159619|

DudleyDoRide - Municyclist
DudleyDoRide's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2090

jagur
August 31st 03, 09:38 PM
hey Gene,

we just got back from Champoog,we rode out there yesterday on b*kes and
camped.

as for more drop testing,yeah i want to cruz to Englewood and do a
picnic table.i think my wheel could take it.my tyre bottomed out and
that was with 50 psi.,now some of you guys know why i mentioned putting
in 65psi.

im haveing trouble mounting my brake lever still,i hope i dont end up
have to shell our $50 on a Wilder adapter,i already broke one of
those.

later.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

-searching for the real one wheel deal,the one that wont but will...
all i ask is one rotation,on this vision of singular creation...-[image:
http://newserver.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/eye_60x_flipped.gif]

Krashin'Kenny
September 1st 03, 02:14 AM
jagur wrote:
> *hey Gene,
>
> we just got back from Champoog,we rode out there yesterday on b*kes
> and camped.
>
> as for more drop testing,yeah i want to cruz to Englewood and do a
> picnic table.i think my wheel could take it.my tyre bottomed out and
> that was with 50 psi.,now some of you guys know why i mentioned
> putting in 65psi.
>
> im haveing trouble mounting my brake lever,i hope i dont end up have
> to shell out $50 on a Wilder adapter,i already broke one of those.
>
> later. *

Hey Jagur,
I used an old MTB "bar end" to mount the brake lever to the seatpost
on my Muni

| Attachment filename: magura lever.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/159655|

Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

U-Turn
September 1st 03, 09:54 PM
What is the OD on your seat tube, Jag?

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home