PDA

View Full Version : WTF ? Yarra trail (Melb)

RMan
July 9th 03, 02:23 AM
When you think you've seen it all. About 9:15 am on the Yarra trail, just
passed St Kevins (where it runs along the road) 6-7 shivering (the clock on
the silo said 8 (not 11) degrees) slim, model like teenage girls wrapped in
blankets and make up, standing next to a photographer, setting up his stuff.
A very ugly spot for a photo shot IMO. Couldn't stop as I was very very
late for work, but any body come past later and see WTF they were actually
doing ?

Actually, what I am really asking is, what was under the blankets, and
should of I stopped.............

RMan

Luther Blissett
July 9th 03, 07:51 AM
RMan wrote:

> When you think you've seen it all. About 9:15 am on the Yarra trail, just
> passed St Kevins (where it runs along the road) 6-7 shivering (the clock on
> the silo said 8 (not 11) degrees) slim, model like teenage girls wrapped in
> blankets and make up, standing next to a photographer, setting up his stuff.
> A very ugly spot for a photo shot IMO. Couldn't stop as I was very very
> late for work, but any body come past later and see WTF they were actually
> doing ?
>
> Actually, what I am really asking is, what was under the blankets, and
> should of I stopped.............
>
> RMan

It would have been better to dramatically fall off you bike and pretend
to go into shock. I'm sure a few blankets might have sufficed to keep
you warm. Then reel off a few lines such as "Am I in heaven? Are you
angels?" ... always worth a try, and worth being late to work for!

- LB

- LB

cfsmtb
July 10th 03, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Luther Blissett RMan wrote:

> When you think you've seen it all. About 9:15 am on the Yarra trail,
> just passed St Kevins (where it runs along the road) 6-7 shivering
> (the clock on the silo said 8 (not 11) degrees) slim, model like
> teenage girls wrapped in blankets and make up, standing next to a
> photographer, setting up his stuff. A very ugly spot for a photo
> shot IMO

Jesus H. Christ on a bike. I saw something very similar many years ago,
at night, up in the old Northcote Tip. Young model, couldn't tell if M
or F, amazing light setup, expensive camera gear , photographer etc.
Mentioned this to several friends. One suggested back maybe it was Bill
Henson doing a photo shoot. location, location, location.....:rolleyes:

SH
July 11th 03, 02:08 AM
> Mentioned this to several friends. One suggested back maybe it was Bill
> Henson doing a photo shoot. location, location, location.....:rolleyes:

The Muppets?

cfsmtb
July 14th 03, 07:40 AM
patch70 wrote:
> >The Muppets?
> Or The Muffettes?

Nope, wrong on both attempts. Bill's a trendy arty-farty Australian
photographer.:p Check out the photo for the recent Nick Cave-Sydney
Dance Company collaboration "Underland".

cfsmtb
July 14th 03, 07:40 AM
patch70 wrote:
> >The Muppets?
> Or The Muffettes?

Nope, wrong on both attempts. Bill's a trendy arty-farty Australian
photographer.:p Check out the photo for the recent Nick Cave-Sydney
Dance Company collaboration "Underland".

Andrew Swan
July 14th 03, 10:18 AM
SH wrote:
>>Mentioned this to several friends. One suggested back maybe it was Bill
>>Henson doing a photo shoot. location, location, location.....:rolleyes:
>>

> The Muppets?

Try Jim Henson - close, but no cigar.

&roo

Andrew Swan
July 14th 03, 10:18 AM
SH wrote:
>>Mentioned this to several friends. One suggested back maybe it was Bill
>>Henson doing a photo shoot. location, location, location.....:rolleyes:
>>

> The Muppets?

Try Jim Henson - close, but no cigar.

&roo

Google