PDA

View Full Version : Strongest rims?

Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club
August 29th 03, 07:40 AM
I am contemplainting building a new 24" wheel and apart from the hub
issue Pluto started, what is the general opinion of the Forum on the
following:

What is the strongest rim available (wide to take a 3" tyre)irrespective
of price and perhaps weight? For us 'Clydesdale' type riders (good
expression John Childs) this is an important issue as our drop off
height increases.

Regards

Simon Rolph

TheFatController (at) CumbriaMuni (dot) com
www.CumbriaMuni.com

--
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club - The home of Mountain Uni in Cumbria

Welcome to Cumbria - take only pictures, leave only one wheel track

CumbriaMuni (dot) com
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3758

thinuniking
August 29th 03, 10:08 AM
alex rim dx 32 is pretty much bomb proof not sure if it fits a 3 i know
it fits a 2.5

--
thinuniking - started trails unicycling

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

James
August 29th 03, 10:30 AM
The KH24 comes with DX32 and mine has a 3 inch gazza

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Google