PDA

View Full Version : Best material for frame!

Zilla
October 19th 03, 06:27 PM
Forget Ti, Al, Steel, or even bamboo. You can have this! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623001345&category=7298

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

ClydedaleMTB_in_TN
October 19th 03, 09:39 PM
Zilla wrote:
> Forget Ti, Al, Steel, or even bamboo. You can have this! :)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623001345&category=7298

with the direction the grain of the wood is running, I think failure at
the head tube area is immanent

October 19th 03, 10:44 PM
What about wood eating insects,fire. Sure it won't
rust but it will rot. Wood does snap It will foat but does get
waterlogged. And when you get cold you can use it to start a fire to
stay warm but your have to walk back to your car or home. Its a woody
and what about MR. Wood- peker.

Fire up MTB 03

Michael Dart
October 19th 03, 11:14 PM
"Zilla" > wrote in message
.. .
> Forget Ti, Al, Steel, or even bamboo. You can have this! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623001345&category=7298

> --
> - Zilla
> Cary, NC
> (Remove XSPAM)

I've cut enough trees in the last 4 weeks to make hundreds of them.

Mike - 14 hours work this weekend.

miles todd
October 19th 03, 11:37 PM
Zilla wrote:
> Forget Ti, Al, Steel, or even bamboo. You can have this! :)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623001345&category=7298

And it is a single speed, to boot!

Pete
October 20th 03, 05:05 AM
"Zilla" > wrote in message
.. .
> Forget Ti, Al, Steel, or even bamboo. You can have this! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623001345&category=7298

There are a couple of guys that have built wood recumbents.

One has rear susp.
A new version of a 'Bentwood rocker?

Pete

bloocow
October 20th 03, 01:53 PM
"Zilla" > wrote in message
.. .
> Forget Ti, Al, Steel, or even bamboo. You can have this! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623001345&category=7298

Well my friend actually owns one which I saw at his place quite some time
ago. Can't remember if it was the same design but it was all wood.

I'll bet his was also one of a kind.

bloocow

Stephen Baker
October 20th 03, 02:07 PM
ClydesdaleMTB_in_TN says:

>with the direction the grain of the wood is running, I think failure at
>the head tube area is immanent

No sh*t!! And it is made from "pressed Maritime Plywood?" I've heard of
Marine Ply, but never Maritime.
Weight is listed as 12 lbs - I assume that's frame-only...

Steve

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home