PDA

View Full Version : London (UK) beginner seeks uni club

shave
August 29th 03, 03:42 PM
Comrades!

Can't believe I have just bought a unicycle! Well, I should own up.
It's a few weeks old now and still remains unmastered, but I must
learn!

I have been trying, oh yes, and with some improvement. But perhaps not
as frequently as I should thought I've probably not been at it for more
than a few hours .... So is there a club in London which regularly
meets which can help L-platers like me?? I think it would encourage me
to get going and no doubt there'd be a few tips for me along the way!

:p

--
shave
shave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4365

thinuniking
August 29th 03, 03:54 PM
try unicycle.org.uk they have some clubs on that page one or two london
ones i think.

--
thinuniking - started trails unicycling

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

shave
September 1st 03, 03:32 PM
had a look and mailed the London club in Croydon. Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately he hasn't yet got back to me and the web page stipulated
is defunct so I think this one might be a no-goer. Has anyone been to
the Croydon Circus Skills club in recent weeks or months?

Does anyone go to a more advanced uni club perhaps? How did you lot all
learn - on your own??? Looks like I might have to do it the hard way
:eek:

--
shave - L-plater
shave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4365

GILD
September 1st 03, 03:47 PM
shave wrote:
> * How did you lot all learn - on your own??? Looks like I might have
> to do it the hard way :eek: *

i hate to be the one to break it to u...
i think the hard way is the only way
:)

it takes more practise than u can now understand and as soon as u've
mastered it, u forget all about the practising
untill u want to learn how to idle...
:)

i learnt from charlie dancey's k 'how to ride your unicycle'

the 'search' function on this forum will lead u to reams of tips and
pointers as u start the journey

tell us about osme of the sites u see

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

thinuniking
September 1st 03, 04:15 PM
i got that book with my uni on my b-day but it does not help much with
more advanced things it just tells you about them :( .but to help learn
it is great!!

--
thinuniking - started trails unicycling

i have given up the wheel to live