PDA

View Full Version : Re: It's here!!!

Frank A.
August 30th 03, 12:18 AM
Good news!
Now get out in the dirt and make us all proud :D

- Frank

--
Frank A. - off-road

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

GizmoDuck
August 30th 03, 09:15 AM
chirokid wrote:
> [...]
> downhill ,gravel, with ruts, was no problem. Multiple speedbumps, pot
> holes, the a gravel parking lot of a local church, an 18" wide wooden
> bridge at my kids elementary school, all no match for the 3" Duro.
> Having rode my 1.75" rock hard Schwinn tire for the last 28 years, I
> could hardly believe the "cushiness" of this tire. I rode right up
> curbs, through grassy lots, and over a 4" tree limb (that one amazed
> me, yet I hardly felt the bump).
>
> Never have I sat on a unicycle seat that is as comfortable as this
> Yellow KH seat. Not even once did the seat cause ANY irritation or
> pain, eventhough I was only wearing causal baggy shorts. Dropping off
> the sidewalks at the school, I could feel the pampering softness, as
> this awesome seat took tender loving care of my hind quarters. I have
> always struggled to do seat out riding, but this seat just slid right
> out, then back in when I wanted. Also, on my modified air-bladder
> Schwinn seat, you have to "arrange" yourself on the seat with delicate
> care. Not with my new KH, everything just sort of fell into place
> automatically. I am delightfully amazed. Lastly, I was afraid the KH
> seat might be a skinny boy seat, but it took care of my 265 pounds
> with no complaints.
>
> My new Muni is fitted with Wellgo B-27 pin pedals. These are my first
> metal pin type pedals. Having just rained prior to my ride, I never
> had even one pedal slip while on this nite ride. Wherever I wanted my
> feet, they were. These pedals rock.
>
> A fear about purchasing the KH cranks was with hitting my heels on the
> little nub at the end of each crank. A common problem for many. Over
> the entire 55 minute ride, my heels never once hit on the crank nubs.
> I am one happy kiddo.
>
> As for the ride, it was a double thumbs-up, hip-hip-horay ride.
> Combining the softness of the seat with the forgiveness of the 3"
> Duro, I was in complete comfort. I was able to mount, ride foreward
> and backward, hop sideways, do several 5 second "still" balances,
> idel, spin and ride up and down curbs. It really felt like this Muni
> had been my unicycle forever.
>
> My greatest feat with my new Muni. Being able to sideways hop, on my
> first attempt, up and onto a 4" high sidewalk. I landed, then within
> 4 feet, promply fell to the right. On my next attempt, I landed
> perfect and rode away. I am so excited, I can hop up onto
> something!!! Yes, the sidewalk is low, and a huge landing surface,
> but I can hop, nevertheless. Wipppppeeeee!!! BTW, this was my first
> attempt ever at hopping up onto something. Riding down my driveway
> and over the 4" limb were also highlights of this inaugural ride. A
> non-unicycle highlight, seeing the planet Mars, very close and
> beautiful, on my first Muni ride.
>

> Thanks for letting me share the thoughts from my inital ride. Sorry
> it is so long, but I am so excited. Now, I gotta go to bed.
>
> Anybody want to help me name my new Muni? --chirokid-- *

Ah- new toys for you too!!! I feel exactly the way you do tonight after
getting my new Coker!

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

"I'll be there with bells on!"
Tony on the NZUni weekend

"right thats it im dressing up like a woman!"
James on the NZuni weekend

"If not for a weird inner ear condition that prevents me from crossing
the equator, I'd be there too."
JJuggle- the most original excuse not to attend the NZUni weekend

"At least if someone hurts themselves, Ken should be able to fix them up
with brain surgery on the spot if he brings a scalpel and some
bandages."
Rowan- on my surgical skills

zod
August 30th 03, 01:42 PM
chirokid, congrats buddy....I'm stoked for ya!!!!

Time to bust up the streets of Gatlinburg with a one wheeled urban
assualt!! :D

--
zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631

chirokid
August 30th 03, 02:54 PM
zod wrote:
> *chirokid, congrats buddy....I'm stoked for ya!!!!
>
> Time to bust up the streets of Gatlinburg with a one wheeled urban
> assualt!! :D *

Let's go for it Zod. Are you headed this way today? My family and I
are going to Cades Cove to ride our bikes around the 11 mile loop, then
ride around on our unicycles in the campground afterward.

BTW, a miracle just happened. My wife said, "Since all three of our
girls have unicycles, I'm going to learn now too!" Yippeee. Time to go
find that short seat post for the ol' Schwinn. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Danny Colyer
August 30th 03, 06:09 PM
chirokid wrote:
> BTW, a miracle just happened. My wife said, "Since all three of our
> girls have unicycles, I'm going to learn now too!"

Woo hoo!

I managed to get my missus riding a couple of yards before she got
pregnant with Jenny, but she hasn't tried riding since. I'm hoping that
once both our kids are riding (we've only got one so far, but are
planning one more), the same thing will happen.

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

Klaas Bil
August 30th 03, 10:44 PM
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:54:27 -0500, chirokid
> wrote:

>BTW, a miracle just happened.

A new MUni described only in superlatives. And then a nice miracle to
top it off and make you (plural) a unicycling family. That is
absolutely great!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
I go a sort of ok speed on my Coker... - Roger Davies

James_Potter
August 31st 03, 02:03 AM
Speaking of new uni's, does anyone know when the Onza trials will
arrive? I ordered it about July 24, and it said it was out of stock, but
then there was a post that said something like they were shipped on the
25th, and I just bleeping can't -wait- anymore!!!!!!!!!
Okay, now I've calmed down a bit. But I really want it to come. So when
should I expect it if it was shipped on the 25th?

--
James_Potter - Order of Merlin, first class

-"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

--Albus Dumbledore-

Memphis Mud
August 31st 03, 02:07 PM
Don't appologize for the "long" post. It reads with the enthusiasm with
which it was written!

chirokid wrote:
> *I am in love with my new Muni...
>
> ...I am one happy kiddo...
>
> ...As for the ride, it was a double thumbs-up, hip-hip-horay ride...
>
> ...I am so excited, I can hop up onto something!!!...
>
> ...Wipppppeeeee!!!...
>
> --chirokid-- *

...but it took care of my 265 pounds with no complaints.

Say goodbye to 10% or more of yourself.

:D

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

chirokid
September 1st 03, 05:57 AM
harper wrote:
> *
>
> I can imagine that she hasn't tried riding since, if it caused her to
> become pregnant. *

I thought the same thing, but I wasn't about to say a word. Glad you
did though. ;)

My wife practiced some more today, I hope shes not pregnant now.
Sheezzz. :D --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

bugman
September 1st 03, 03:40 PM
Chiro- Congratulations on your new Beast. I am sure we will be hearing
many new stories from your future outings as you discover all the new
things your new Uni will allow you to do. I also have a few long
weekends scheduled through the fall so mabe we will make it up that way
and we can ride. I am definitely going to the Nantahala for the Fall
Festival the last weekend in October. I will definitely be bringing my
Muni.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home