PDA

View Full Version : British Muni Weekend 2003 - 3rd-5th October

joemarshall
August 30th 03, 08:48 PM
3rd-5th October

British Muni Weekend 2003 - Dolgellau, Wales

For this year's British Muni Weekend, we've planned a weekend of riding
in deepest Wales. We'll be camping 5 miles away from the Coed y Brenin
bike trails, with miles and miles of great riding for all levels. We'll
also be within driving distance of Llanberis, a good starting point for
an ascent & descent of Snowdon.

I’ve ridden almost all the stuff we're planning to ride both when I had
just started riding and also earlier this year and can testify as to it
being well worth the journey however good you are.

For more information email including the word
BMW in the subject line.

Accommodation will be camping in or near Dolgellau, or for the less
hardy there are several B&Bs, accommodation details will be announced
very soon.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

Sarah Miller
August 31st 03, 08:13 PM
joemarshall > wrote:

> 3rd-5th October

> British Muni Weekend 2003 - Dolgellau, Wales

> For more information email including the word
> BMW in the subject line.

Yea, well done Joe. Do you want to use the same web space as BMs1-4 or
can we link from there to a page of your choseing?

sarah

--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders

unicus
August 31st 03, 11:52 PM
Can't make it this year (I'll be on a cruise) but if anyone is thinking
of going I would recommend it as last year was great.

BTW has anyone got any photo's from BMW4 ?

Gary

--
unicus

Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Mark Wiggins
September 3rd 03, 01:14 PM
unicus wrote:
> Can't make it this year (I'll be on a cruise) but if anyone is thinking
> of going I would recommend it as last year was great.

Cancel the cruise.

> BTW has anyone got any photo's from BMW4 ?

I've got some. Send me a real email address and I'll send a couple your way.

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|\
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O

joemarshall
September 4th 03, 02:30 PM
Okay,

Accommodation for BMW now sorted, this place has been recommended to
me
by various people. 1.5 miles from Dolgellau, it offer's camping
(including caravan hookups & showers), b&b (which has rooms for that
weekend at the moment) and a self-catering barn if any of you are
organised enough to get a group of 8 people together.

See this link for details-

ontheweb://www.dolgun-uchaf.co.uk/camping.htm

If you could book yourself in at the campsite (phone number 01341
422269) in advance that'd be best, but if not, the lady on the phone
said the camping field was quite big, so it won't be full. I told her
I'd invited a whole bunch of people, but not that it was a organised
event (which it isn't really), so please don't mention the British
Muni
Weekend on the phone.

I shall try and work out exactly when we'll do the various rides and
which rides we'll do soon and post that.

Cheers,

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

phil
September 11th 03, 08:14 PM
Wasn't BMW last year in the south west? And as soon as I move down there
it's up in deepest Wales. Such is life... :rolleyes:

I'm tempted...

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

evilewan
September 11th 03, 08:19 PM
just a note to say that i know all about the british unicycle comunitys
conspiricy to schedule all their events when i am working or in a
diferent country.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Sarah Miller
September 11th 03, 08:51 PM
phil > wrote:

> Wasn't BMW last year in the south west? And as soon as I move down there
> it's up in deepest Wales. Such is life... :rolleyes:

> I'm tempted...

It was the Forest of dean last year, which is almost Wales, the first two
were in Dorset tho... sorry, maybe next year ... However don't wait for
next year cos the Cumbrians are just as likely to run a BMW as any one is
next year. Go to BMW, beg borrow or blag to get there, you won't regret
it. Anyhow your only in Yoevil arn't you, thats half way to Wales from
where I am. I'm going.

Sarah

--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders

JoeRowing
September 11th 03, 09:34 PM
I'll be taking the MuniBus down from Durham - may be able to pick up a
couple on the way.

Joe

--
JoeRowing - MUni Animal

Joe

' Pedal.me.uk -The home of EMu' (www.Pedal.me.uk)
JoeRowing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1544

phil
September 11th 03, 10:49 PM
Sarah Miller wrote:
> *it. Anyhow your only in Yoevil arn't you, thats half way to Wales
> from where I am. I'm going.*

Strangely enough Yeovil is a bit of a funny place to get to; the way
north involves joining the M5 at Taunton, so Exeter is actually only 10
miles further away according to the AA website...

Phil

--
phil - ex-studenty type

"Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

Adrian
September 12th 03, 01:26 AM
JoeRowing wrote:
> *I'll be taking the MuniBus down from Durham - may be able to pick up
> a couple on the way.
>
> Joe *

Feel like going through York? :) (If I can find a tent in the
meantime...)

--
Adrian - Experienced Faller Offer
Adrian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4008